Does anyone else hate being called vuluptuous?

Options

Replies

• blackcherry32
    Options
    YES I ALSO THINK THATS A NICE WAY TO SAY YOU ARE FAT BUT KINDA NICE LOOKING!!!!!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i don't know, most people would say sofia vergara is and she is definitely not overweight.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I would love to be called voluptuous!

a : full of delight or pleasure to the senses : conducive to or arising from sensuous or sensual gratification : luxurious <a voluptuous dance> <voluptuous ornamentation> <a voluptuous wine> b : suggesting sensual pleasure by fullness and beauty of form <voluptuous nudes>
    : given to or spent in enjoyment of luxury, pleasure, or sensual gratifications <a long and voluptuous holiday — Edmund Wilson>
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If someone told me I was "full of delight or pleasure to the senses : conducive to or arising from sensuous or sensual gratification," I would be quite pleased.
  • SarahAbear
    Options
    When my husband says it I blush. When my sister told me I was voluptuous when she was just looking for another word for heavy...then no. Just no. Lol.
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    I can't recall if I've ever been called that, but I would love it. I get jealous of women with more curves than me! When I think 'voluptuous' I think of a Jessica Rabbit-like body. :)
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like it! Beats the hell outta fat, lol!

Seriously, its my determination most guys like girls with some curves. I'm thankful some of mine have stuck around through the weight loss, though I could totally lose the thighs and be fine with it.
  • Blodnie
    Blodnie Posts: 66
    Options
    Ya, I'm ok with that one. What I don't like is "buxom". Grrrr....
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    Yes. I don't find it to be a compliment at all and I feel like it's a way of saying I have a fat *kitten*.

I'd rather have a fat *kitten* than a FLAT *kitten* anyday.. My curves are part of who I am.. and thanks to my Spanish and Italian genes, I won't ever have to worry about looking like a little boy when I reach my G.W..
  • daisyklk16
    Options
    I actually like it =)
  • teapot35
    Options
    I used to like it, until my verbally challenged idiot ex referred to me often as "voLUMPtuous". yuck.
  • 007DIVA
    007DIVA Posts: 12
    Options
    I love it! to me it means I have sexy curves and I'm not a stick figure (you know, I have boobs and hips and a butt, not the body of a pre-teen boy.)
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    id say what Voluptuous SHOULD be - a good looking woman with curves.

however, these days, big chunky obese girls that are proud of how they look like to use that word to describe themselves, which is probably why some of u guys dont like to be called voluptuous
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've always liked it myself *shrug* But then, even at my heaviest, I've always had a positive body image
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Not only do I love being called voluptuous, I rock the title!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Wow ...sensitive ...

Voluptuous is what many men seek in a woman...

My wife lost a lot of weight but she kept some really nice curves. You can be Voluptuous and not fat... Relax.

This, I like it cause it sounds like Va Va Va Vooom!! lol curves, curves and even more curves baby. And for the men you need to take it a bit slow on those curves :wink:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I've always liked it actually. I think it implies you have good curves. It does depend on who it comes from and how you feel about it though. I can see how it could be interpreted in different ways!

This.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I think it has a positive connotation.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's usually said in a very admiring and flattering tone, directed at my big b@@bs and round *kitten*. The dictionary describes it as sensuously pleasing or delightful. Not everyone finds stick figure women attractive. It's totally a compliment.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Interesting to read the female perspective. The vast majority of men use it as a very high compliment. As a happily married man who has had a fair amount of corporate training on sexual harassment I avoid such comments period. But trust me, it is a compliment. That is unless it is coming from some sleazeball, and they are always going to find some way to make any comment derogatory. But meaning fat, nahhh,