Does anyone else hate being called vuluptuous?

Options

Replies

• aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Breeding material. Child bearing hips. Also things I don't love being called.

I don't know about you, but I feel like a horse in farm when people talk to me like that.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    "I don't think that means what you think it means"
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Breeding material. Child bearing hips. Also things I don't love being called.

I don't know about you, but I feel like a horse in farm when people talk to me like that.

Lol, I never thought about feeling like a farm animal, however that is a good point.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    images18-1.jpg
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I love my curves! you can call me vuluptuous any time!

That's because you're hot
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ive never been called it but it would be awesome. Bettie Page and Maryln Monroe were both voluptuous
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    hellz to the no! A compliment is a compliment, people! Unless its from a passive aggressive snarky mean person. In the latter case I would highly recommend still taking it as a compliment to piss them off.
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    I am going to say Voluptuous, is a good thing. you can be Fat or you can be Voluptuous. When I say that a woman is voluptuous I mean it in a great way. I mean that they have great curves that are VERY fitting to there body or frame.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    images18-1.jpg

Love this! Love the Princess Bride & I love being called voluptuous. I want to tone up & trim, but I never want to lose my curves! I was still curvy when I had a skinnier waist.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Voluptuous = curvy goodness in my book!
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    Just asked my Husband what that word means to him, and he answered "Curvy, and sexy as Hell."

Agreed 1000%
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Voluptuous is a well proportioned fat woman.
    I hate the word curvy because it's used to describe obese women, when curvy should be someone of a healthy weight with an hourglass or pear figure.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Ive never been called it but it would be awesome. Bettie Page and Maryln Monroe were both voluptuous

Bettie page was curvy, petite & curvy.
    Marylin was a bit of a yoyo when it comes to weight, so you can't really categorize her body type.
  • jlowensby
    jlowensby Posts: 142
    Options
    voluptuous actually REALLY means pleasing to the senses/delightful, so, no, I don't hate it. I'd rather have "pleasing curves" than none at all, thank you.

Rubenesque, on the other hand...

Totally agree! I have got some great curves! I do not want to become a stick figure, not sure if the Hubs would go for that look
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've never been called voluptuous, but I think I would like it. I usually get "cute". Voluptuous sounds more glamorous and sexy. But I'm sure it would depend on the manner in which it was said.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It's silly, I have always hated that word too. Even the word "curvy". But I realize it's actually a good thing, so long as the person whom is saying this is sincere.

I got it a lot when I need to lose a few, but now that I am down to a comfortable size- I find I still get "curvy" quite often. It more so has to do with they way your body is structured, rather than a nice way of calling someone chunky. So now, I'd say it's more of a compliment. Just take it as if they were saying "hey, you have a nice hip-to waist-to chest ratio", haha. :)
  • RosalindaP
    RosalindaP Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    At my thinnest I was still voluptuous...it means you rock awesome curves!
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    Being called VOLUPTUOUS is a compliment....doesnt mean ur fat at ALL! HENCE:

1. relating to, characterized by, or consisting of pleasures of the body or senses; sensual

2. disposed, devoted, or addicted to sensual indulgence or luxurious pleasures

3. provocative and sexually alluring, esp through shapeliness or fullness: a voluptuous woman

Beyonce! Hello!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    images18-1.jpg

Yessssss!!! :heart:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Bettie page was curvy, petite & curvy.
    Marylin was a bit of a yoyo when it comes to weight, so you can't really categorize her body type.

So you cant call a petite person voluptuous?