penetration

Inaccurate. What if both are women?

then i am missing.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    penetration

There's still penetration, just not the "traditional" kind...
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    penetration

then i am missing.

Ah, well. You can't be everywhere, unfortunately. Some will have to go without.

I'm going to go with "Love". Love makes you a lover. Then, you do it sexy time.

Otherwise, it just makes you a fb.
  • Beastette
    Options
    penetration

There's still penetration, just not the "traditional" kind...

Not necessarily. You can git 'er done without...
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    You are happy to see a friend. A lover is someone who your heart skips around at the thought of seeing them, and you can think about nothing else.

Until you've been married a few years. Then the line starts to blur.

Ha. Very true!

I agree with the heart skipping a beat response - or at least that's how it should start, in my opinion.

Of course, eventually the feeling of wanting to be naked with that person 24 / 7 fades (according to science, it can only last 2 years tops but I'm sure there are others who have experienced it longer) and hopefully you have the friendship, warmth, and loving feelings to fall back on in your relationship. Oh, and hopefully you still at least occasionally want to get it on with that person.

The feelings don't stop after several years of marriage, they just shift into something more steady, kind of like a consistent warm glow instead of the flash and bang. Of course, if the two of you work at it the flash and bang still happens too:devil:
    P.S. I've been happily married for almost 15 years:love:

This is all I need and want in life! <3<3<3
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I think it's the kind of attraction. And also the extent of your relationship a public and private level.

I personally dont think "sex" makes a friend a lover.

Nor do i think not having sex make a lover just a friend.
  • heart6116
    Options
    Ditto
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Brown Chicken Brown Cow.
  • Beastette
    Options
    I think it's the kind of attraction. And also the extent of your relationship a public and private level.

I personally dont think "sex" makes a friend a lover.

Nor do i think not having sex make a lover just a friend.

Here is what I am saying, although doing it sexy time does help...
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    All this heart skipping, tingling, imaginary unmeasurable feelings are not very good answers in my opinion.

Everyone responds to emotions differently. I dont need tingles to tell me i love someone.
  • Beastette
    Options
    Brown Chicken Brown Cow.

So...anal?
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Its just a slip of the tongue!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Brown Chicken Brown Cow.

So...anal?

thats true love
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    on a serious note: my lover (significant other) is my best friend.... He's the only person who I can be completely normal, open, and honest to. I can vent to him and he doesnt judge me either. Guess you can say its the best of both rolled up into one and vice versus!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    when the nipple makes its first appearence... -Sienfeld-
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    am i the only person who hates the word "lover"? ive never called anyone that
  • benzihan13
    Options
    My lover is my best friend because he is the only one who knows everything about me. We have grown together and bonded even more over time. It's true when they say 'two become one'
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... 10 years here and we still have Flashes and Bangs LOL
    You are happy to see a friend. A lover is someone who your heart skips around at the thought of seeing them, and you can think about nothing else.

Until you've been married a few years. Then the line starts to blur.

Ha. Very true!

I agree with the heart skipping a beat response - or at least that's how it should start, in my opinion.

Of course, eventually the feeling of wanting to be naked with that person 24 / 7 fades (according to science, it can only last 2 years tops but I'm sure there are others who have experienced it longer) and hopefully you have the friendship, warmth, and loving feelings to fall back on in your relationship. Oh, and hopefully you still at least occasionally want to get it on with that person.

The feelings don't stop after several years of marriage, they just shift into something more steady, kind of like a consistent warm glow instead of the flash and bang. Of course, if the two of you work at it the flash and bang still happens too:devil:
    P.S. I've been happily married for almost 15 years:love: