Why do you honestly want to lose weight!?

Options
What is the reason you honestly want to lose weight!? Everyone says they want to be healthy and because they want to have confidence and all that stuff! Yes I want to be healthy and have self confidence, but I really want to lose weight because of all the people that called me fat or a cow (like I don't all ready know) and whatever else rude things they said to me! I want to lose weight and look HOT and just rock it! I want my body to say look at me now and look at what you can't have! I want to make them regret everything they ever said!

What about you?

Replies

• myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight so I can ride roller coasters with my son :) and spend all day at a theme park with him, and get on the floor comfortably to play with him.

getting healthy is a given... I want to ride roller coasters :)
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    Because myself and my husband want to start a family and i want to be as healthy as i can before we have a baby..
  • JessyeS
    JessyeS Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run round the park with my boys and not get puffed after two seconds
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    because i feel ugly at this weight
  • missolesky
    Options
    Navy told me I have to if I want to go to bootcamp, and I don't like the way I look anymore
  • cchartzell
    Options
    Mostly for me. But... a small part of me is hoping to someday look better than my little sister. She once introduced me to someone by saying "This is my sister. See, she looks just like me but fatter!"
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    Same as you. I want to look at my body and say heck yes I look amazing! Be able to rock what I never knew I had. (:
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    1. i want to have a baby someday
    2. so i look pretty and not sooo blah
    3. so my boyfriend doesn't get tired of looking at me!
    4. bikini
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I was tired of feeling invisible. Tired of lugging around all that extra weight. Tired of hating how I looked. Tired of hating how I felt. But mostly I was tired of feeling like I was worth more and not having the strength to do anything about it. One day I just decided that I was worth it . . . .
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I was a fat, unattractive, unlovable slug....

Today, I am fit, look good, feel great and plan a wonderful, long life.

Who would trade that for anything?
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Because it will make running easier. And I like looking and feeling my age.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight for my career. And so that I will feel more attractive.
  • TheCloverFreak
    TheCloverFreak Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want to get fit and have abs that make all my male friends jealous! I have always been the overweight one of my friends and it's time for those b*tches are jealous of me!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    1. i want to have a baby someday
    2. so i look pretty and not sooo blah
    3. so my boyfriend doesn't get tired of looking at me!
    4. bikini

All of these apply to me!

I have this intense drive that being smaller will make me better. Will make me prettier, more confident, more sexy.

it won't do any of those things. but I can't convince myself of that, not yet. Still trying.
    in the mean time, I'll keep losing weight.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I want to loose weight for vanity reasons only,to be 100% honest the health thing is just a side effect of that
  • Dogwood111
    Dogwood111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel gross and uncomfortable.
    Tired of 22 years of yo-yo dieting.
    Sick of my own excuses.
    And I refuse to pay money AGAIN for bigger clothes.
  • applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to go on holiday this summer and really enjoy it. Pfffff it's not really about a bikini... I have an hourglass shape so a one piece is lovely when I'm slimmer. The real incentive is being able to be active in the hot weather without having to worry about my thighs chaffing in skirts or my bingo wings flapping in short sleves or the fat sweaty pictures that will appear on Facebook that I don't feel comfortable asking friends to remove.

Now those are big reasons for me!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    1. My health
    2. To be comfortable, because I never am
    3. To have some fun, because at this weight, I don't have any
    4. To be treated better, because people treat fat people like crap
    5. To find a nice guy (preferably in California, please), move away, and live happily ever after
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i want to be able to sleep without hurting, obviously be healthy, see if it helps my constant dizziness, I am afraid to die early due to being fat and I want to look hotter than hell for my hubby :D
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I want to compete in a figure competition