Why do you honestly want to lose weight!?

Options

Replies

• sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My main motivation is my health. I got some not so great blood work results in September and that was the thing that really made a difference for me. I've always been a "healthy" fat person and to see that all those years of being overweight were catching up to me was a huge eye opener.

And, as a side issue, we took my 7 year old to Disney this summer and my first thought on every ride was "will I fit?" I don't want to worry about that!

And I want to shop in the regular store - not in some plus size department that they have hidden in the basement!
  • Pinkerbell1481
    Pinkerbell1481 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    1. To not die from something i could have prevented!
    2. To have a baby ( weight is making it hard )
    3. To look awesome in my bathing suit
    4. To be able to go places and not worry " will i fit onto that ride"
    5. To not be afraid to have my photo taken
  • maritenour
    maritenour Posts: 107 Member
    Options

getting healthy is a given... I want to ride roller coasters :)

me too!!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I want to amaze my husband with how awesome I look when he gets home. That's my main motivation and that's what pushes me through every workout and keeps me on track with my diet.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have hyper-mobility syndrome and weighing as much as i do is putting more strain of mu ligaments and joints than they need, causing pain.

I want to lose weight so that i'm not in pain also to avoid the heart disease that is so prevalent in my mothers family.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have a huge closet full of designer clothes that don't look good on anyone bigger than a size 0.
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    cause this pic made me sick plus i want lots more tattoos and i want them on a hot body my fiance says all the time that Abby on NCIS and Danialle from American Pickers are so hot with all the tattoos i dont want an ugly body to be covered in tattoos so before i get all my plans i want to loose this nasty weight

11-11-11794-1.jpg
  • Chelly02
    Chelly02 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I want to loose weight for vanity reasons only to be 100% honest the health thing is just a side effect of that

Same here! Being healthy and all that is fine and dandy but I just want to look super sexy in a 2 piece.
  • bigwill5
    bigwill5 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I want to play basketball again and fly without asking for a seatbelt extension.
  • strongandskinny26
    Options
    I want to lose weight because I want to be able to be comfortable with myself. I've always played off that I am comfortable in my body, so much that it actually fooled me too! But I'm really not. I just hide my insecurities so I won't hurt. But I don't want to have anything to hide. I want to be confident that I'm beautiful completely.
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My clothes don't fit. I'm down to one pair of jeans that fit and I refuse to buy a new wardrobe.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i want to walk into a store here and be able to pick something off the rack... and it fits well..
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    1. I don't want to get diabetes like my mom.

2. I want my kids to grow up with a healthy lifestyle and I'm their example

3. And I want to look smokin' hot!
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I pretty much am doing it for myself and also it is a requirement for a surgery so if I want the surgery then I have to get the weight down.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    According to my blood/urine, I was fine health wise. But I was getting chubby and didn't like it. I was also out of shape.

Thus why I am here. There are health benefits for limiting the amount of fat you carry. Or at least limiting the amount of excess (more than your specific body would like) fat you have.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Looks. Pure and simple.

At the weight I am right now, my BP is low, my cholesterol is perfect, my sugar is great, and the doctors have told me before - bewildered - that I am healthy here.

When I am thinner, its not that I can do more or feel better physically, I feel better emotionally. I have huge self-image issues so when I am back into a size 8 (which is wear I look good usually) I am happy with myself, and like the attention I receive.

My BF is a touring musician and I know he loves me and is faithful, but hot skinny groupies throw themselves at him at every show. I want him to be proud to show me off (not that he isn't but in my mind, ya know?)
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    because i feel ugly at this weight

This. It makes me a sad, angry person. Looking older is hard enough to deal with, being old and fat is just too much.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a fat mess and I'm sick of being constantly uncomfortable and embarrassed by my size! Not being able to wear nice clothes and getting out of breath easily!

I'm disgusted that I've let it go this far :embarassed:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    because i feel ugly at this weight

This. It makes me a sad, angry person. Looking older is hard enough to deal with, being old and fat is just too much.

Amen.
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    Although i do want to have impressive fitness and health, I have to admit...that I really honestly want to lose weight to look hot and feel confident, have a body that people are impressed by and to know that when i wear a t-shirt with jeans or clothes in general that i'm not going to have the unsightly tire ruining every photo. Basically to have a body that i don't have to worry about having a fat day, because i wouldn't look fat anyway :P