Why do you honestly want to lose weight!?

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'm in better shape at 44 than my assistant coaches (33 and 19). I enjoy kicking their butts and rubbing the fact I'm 11 years older than one and over twice the age of the other
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a fat mess and I'm sick of being constantly uncomfortable and embarrassed by my size! Not being able to wear nice clothes and getting out of breath easily!

I'm disgusted that I've let it go this far :embarassed:

snap-out.gif You're not a fat mess.

:flowerforyou:

Thanks Tom but cant help how I feel about myself unfortunately:frown:
  • jesscorinne
    Options
    I want to get fit and have abs that make all my male friends jealous! I have always been the overweight one of my friends and it's time for those b*tches are jealous of me!!
    Yes this too
  • micro1039
    micro1039 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have gained another person over the past 20 years that I do not like carrying around anymore!
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    . My dad tells me not to bother trying to lose more than 10 kg- and I told him I wasn't born to be fat and he responded with there's no going back now.

Sounds like somoene needs you to prove them wrong!
  • VeggieZi
    VeggieZi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my reasons are very VERY superficial...
    I want to be able to wear the type of clothes I like AND look good in them, and I REALLY want to look as good with clothes as without them!
    Also, I got a little bit tired of being "the fat friend"...there's so much more in me than fat!
    That is NOT who we really are.

Unfortunately, most people cannot see past the fat, can they?!
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear the type of clothes I like AND look good in them, and I REALLY want to look as good with clothes as without them!
    Also, I got a little bit tired of being "the fat friend"...there's so much more in me than fat!

It's so funny how people who used to be fat and are now fit bash fat people. Doesn't seem like the kind of person I want to be when I lose the weight. :)
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to avoid looking like the rest of my family. Sounds superficial-ish, but it's true. Several of my aunts and my grandmother on my dad's side are over 300 pounds, and I just can't let myself get anywhere near that point! Granted, I actually know what a vegetable is (in my family, vegetables are usually french fries...and as I sit here I'm chowing down on green peppers...yum!) but still, I want to be healthy and not get to that point. I'm also trying to avoid type 2 diabetes, as it runs in both sides of my family, as well as heart disease. My dad was recently diagnosed with both diabetes and CHF (congestive heart failure) and that won't be me.

I'm ready to be a happier, healthier me!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I want to look better butt *kitten* naked!
  • boinkers
    boinkers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Spring break 2012! I don't want to be the fat friend next to my skinny friends in bikinis in all the pictures...

And I want to be able to enjoy clothes shopping. I want clothes to look good on me! I want to wear a bodycon dress outside of a fitting room.
  • VeggieZi
    VeggieZi Posts: 10 Member
    Options

It's so funny how people who used to be fat and are now fit bash fat people. Doesn't seem like the kind of person I want to be when I lose the weight. :)

I wouldn't know. I've been "blessed" with being the only real fat person I've ever met. :/
    I think it might just be fear over going back there... It doesn't make it right though...
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    To see what's under the covers.
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Last year my husband and I dieted hardcore (meaning staying on our diet 100%, not drinking, and doing controlled "cheats") from Jan-May... and I lost 40lbs and he lost 70lbs. I know how to do it so there's no excuse not to! I gained about 15lbs back from Oct to now... and I want to get down to pre-baby weight before we go on a beach vacation in May. I want to feel as sexy as my husband sees me as being.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I really like the way I feel about myself when I am thin. I am starting to get there now.
    I've always felt like the fat one next to my friends and cousins. I want to keep up with (or even beat :wink: ) them.
    i really want guys to see me as hot. I want to be the girl that guys look at when she walks by. :smile:
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    So when I take my clothes off it's like "BAM!"
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I wouldn't know. I've been "blessed" with being the only real fat person I've ever met. :/
    I think it might just be fear over going back there... It doesn't make it right though...

I agree. You would think someone who has been overweight before would be humble and supportive of other big people. Your not alone with being fat, I think I am now the biggest out of all my friends but it is changing and the right way this time. And I know what it's like to be big and not completely miserable with myself too. I've always accepted that I was big, although I think it got out of hand over the last year so now I'm making a change. But once I reach my goal, I am going to still be the same old person regardless of size and treat people with respect.
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    2 reasons...

1) To run faster
    2) I like to look in the mirror and see me thin :)
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Also, I want to bend easier...
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I didn't like feeling embarrassed and self-conscious about my looks.
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    To make my husband attracted to me again