What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sesame Ginger Pork Patties with Grilled Pineapple: recipe from Eatingwell.com (This is a new one for me folks!)
    Stir-Fry Veggies
    Quinoa

This is a new mix. Hope the hubby is cool with it. Well, he better be - he has no choice! :laugh:
  • mccauleypl
    Options
    Asian beef and cabbage lettuce wraps, stir fried carrots and celery and steamed rice :)
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    stir fry beef with lots of bean sprouts, carrots and scallion. I used my own stir fry sauce of garlic, ginger, soy and sesame oil. served alone.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Thursday 01/12/2012

Trying to prep dinner ahead - Im stuck at home for five days on sick leave and I dont want to have to cook much, just need to get my rest up again..

Making a homemade bolognese, fresh lemon-basil linguine (yes, I made this from scratch) and garlic bread for my husband.

For me, I am going to take some of that bolognese and sauce up some roasted spaghetti squash for me, sans any bread...
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Have to take dinner to meet my man at work, so I made crustless quiche muffins.
  • bel738
    bel738 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    try turkey meatballs by butterball they are already seasoned and my husband just adds spagetti sause it so good and packed with protein. u can find it in themeat department next to turkey ground beef
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    One of my Janet & Greta favourites (I will cook my way through all of their cookbooks eventually) - Rome on the Range soup! It's roasted tomato and red bell pepper soup with meatballs. The recipe is in the thread below but I highly suggest any of their cookbooks, I've never once been disappointed with one of their recipes.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/163341-eat-shrink-and-be-merry-cookbook
  • powersurges
    Options
    How do you make the spaghetti squash? I have wanted to try it but don't know how.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My version of Nigella Lawson's Spanish Chicken and chorizo and potatoes.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    tonight is pork roast, with baked sweet potatoes and steamed carrots. havent decided how im seasaoing the pork yet, probably garlic and onion with some fennel salt.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have leftover ham to use so I'm making ham/bean/cabbage soup.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    How do you make the spaghetti squash? I have wanted to try it but don't know how.
    i just cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. put it (cut side down) in a 9x19 pan..add some water, cover with foil and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes - depending on how big it is.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i had a grilled boneless pork loin chop with a half of acorn squash and a baby spinach leaf salad with tomato on the menu ..had to can it cuz i got asked out to dinner so i have no clue .. other than it will be grilled, plain baked potato and either a spring green salad or some sort of steamed veggie .. and shrimp cocktail . i figure im safe with that
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ceviche spring rolls! cant wait!
  • cramernh
    Options

Super easy, and its something you can get in the oven while you take care of other things!

Wash the squash first!!!! (You never know who has handled this before you!)

Cut in half lengthwise

Scoop out the seeds and the wet-flesh the seeds are found in.

massage some olive oil - not alot though!!!

Sprinkle any spice variety you want... or keep it simple: kosher salt, black pepper, granulated garlic... you dont need alot as this is going to bake right into the flesh!

Bake in the oven on 375F for about 30-45 minutes or until fork-tender.

Allow to cool.

Take a fork and start stripping away the fiberous strands.... and VOILA! C'est tout fine!
  • cramernh
    Options
    i just cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. put it (cut side down) in a 9x19 pan..add some water, cover with foil and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes - depending on how big it is.

See, I dont even use water... this comes up so moist for me without a hitch!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Spicy Thai Coconut Soup

I have been gathering ingredients for the past few days and plan to make this tonight:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-thai-coconut-chicken-soup-50400000118583/
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm using a cooking light recipe for Thai Chicken Saute....I don't like onions, so I sub red bell peppers instead. The recipe is here:

<http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/thai-chicken-saut-10000001591044/&gt;

I can do healthy - but it must have lots of flavor. This fits the bill!

Kathy
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @eleanoreb - funny how similar our recipes are!!! :)
  • bored4long
    bored4long Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Last night was Spaghetti squash topped with marinara sauce. Plus a huge spinach salad with chicken breast for protein. The meal was yummy and fabulously healthy. I was actually frustrated at how low cal it was. I was below my target for the day. See my food diary for details.

Tonight is left over baked salmon, green beans, and brown rice.