Why do you honestly want to lose weight!?

Options

Replies

• LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    My clothes don't fit. I'm down to one pair of jeans that fit and I refuse to buy a new wardrobe.

In a nutshell, this. Among other things. Dressing rooms put me in a panic, and I'm sick of it.
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    I want to lose weight so I feel happy when I'm clothes shopping, and not about to pull out my hair and cry......and then go straight to the Chocolate Factory next door.

And also? I want to lose weight to say **** you to all those condescending smiles I got when I said I was going on a diet. Those are what made me work super hard ;)
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Because I hate losing it dishonestly?

LOL
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    The extra weight makes my back and knees hurt, and I hate the way I look.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    cause this pic made me sick plus i want lots more tattoos and i want them on a hot body my fiance says all the time that Abby on NCIS and Danialle from American Pickers are so hot with all the tattoos i dont want an ugly body to be covered in tattoos so before i get all my plans i want to loose this nasty weight

11-11-11794-1.jpg

Thanks for sharing this! I had a very similar moment where I saw a photo of myself and went WOW! i don't want to be that girl anymore.

The other reason I want to lose weight is that I want to look hot in a bikini. All my girlfriends are thinner than me and I'm very self conscious in a two piece. I used to feel skinny, and was more confident 30lbs ago. Time to feel good about myself again!

yep i had a pic of me two years ago that i put on my profile on here that scared the living crap out of me..couldnt believe i looked like that and realized ..wow no wonder i have all these health problems
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Because I lost 50 lbs before and I have gained half of it back.
    Because 60% of the beautiful clothes I have don't fit and look beautiful on my body.
    Because I see pictures of myself and think.....how did I let myself go?

living with a man (boyfriend) who loves to eat was my downfall. Still is a struggle. I also cannot motivate myself to get up and do a 30 minute workout.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My main reason is because I used to be skinny, and I want to feel like that girl (now woman) again. I feel like I have lost a part of myself, and I'm happy with every other part of my life.

I also want to have a single digit as my pants size again. I'd been hovering around a size 10 for a while, and this year I had to up it to a size 12 (gasp, for me. My sister is like a 2 or 4, used to be a 0). I want to be an 8 or lower!

I am the biggest of all of my siblings. I'd like not to have to feel that way anymore. They NEVER make me feel bad about myself. They do nothing but support me, but I have always been told that my sister is prettier than me. My mom even made a comment once. My mom is the best, and she always tells me I am beautiful, but when I was around 9 she said something that has always stuck with me and really hurt. She was trying to make my sister feel better about herself, but it was just one of those things that a parent shouldn't say, but can never take back once they have said. Anyway...

And, even though I am happily married I would like to turn a head or two. Every girl wants to know that she's still got it, right?! :smile:
  • Moma_Do
    Moma_Do Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good when I look in the mirror, to have confidence around all the skinny people in my life, to have massive stamina, to wear less clothing, to make my family proud, to not embarrass my kids when they are teens, to get attention because i never have because i have always been fat, to not always be thinking about my fat
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight because I hate seeing my belly fat jiggle. Plus I want to feel pretty, I want more energy for my kids and I want to be a MILF.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    because I want to be the figure I feel my husband deserves to have on his side. He has never once said anything about my weight (weather big or small) but I have this picture in my head of what I want for him and I want to be THAT girl in the picture because by God I have the personality :)

I was thinking this exact same thing while I was pushing myself to run uphill today! I'm tired of it and it has to go! We got married a 100 lbs ago! YIKES! However, I'm secretly worried about the baby pooch that will be left...I'll deal with that WHEN not IF the time comes :)
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    In no real 'order',

To be as skinny as I was when I thought I was fat, in high school, and APPRECIATE it this time!

To fit on the rollercoaster, because my kids don't want to go on alone.

To not have to worry about weight limits on other stuff, and size limits (like aeroplane seats).

To be considered for permanent work in my career, where fitness is beneficial, and currently I am seen as a 'temp'.

To be able to run around and play with my kids at more than one minute intervals.

To not be the token 'fat friend' any more.

To get rid of my 'thick layer of blubber' so Summers are bearable. To have a need for a jacket or scarf in Winter.

To be able to buy clothes from the normal sized, fashionable and cheaper section of the store.

And if I am really, brutally honest, to attract a mate.I deliberately gained weight to make myself unattractive after a really bad, abusive relationship. I think I am finally ready to stop actively repelling men and see what happens :)
  • KatesAddiction
    Options
    Honestly? I want to be skinny. I hate feeling big.
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mostly for me. But... a small part of me is hoping to someday look better than my little sister. She once introduced me to someone by saying "This is my sister. See, she looks just like me but fatter!"

Awww, that's awful! I am sure you have many pretty features your sister doesn't have! You are gorgeous!
  • sbh2781
    Options
    I just recently had a "routine" EKG prior to a minor procedure, and it came back abnormal. I hate that I waited for something like this to finally realize I did not have a choice but to lose the weight and keep it off!
  • cupcakemama
    Options
    Im done haveing babies, I'm getting married, I went to school became who I wanted, moved to an acreage which I've always wanted, now I want to be the best looking and healthiest I can be. I just want to be the best ME, for my children and my finance. My mother died at 36, Diabetes runs in the family...I want to give my children a fun, healthy mother they can be proud of!
  • donnabeheyt
    donnabeheyt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To be able to by cute clothes and feel sexy again...
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    What is the reason you honestly want to lose weight!? Everyone says they want to be healthy and because they want to have confidence and all that stuff! Yes I want to be healthy and have self confidence, but I really want to lose weight because of all the people that called me fat or a cow (like I don't all ready know) and whatever else rude things they said to me! I want to lose weight and look HOT and just rock it! I want my body to say look at me now and look at what you can't have! I want to make them regret everything they ever said!

What about you?

I am purely losing weight to regain my health and well being. I have had the hot body when I first met my husand, in the Army and a body builder.

I will get back to that status again.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I want to feel better and get more active. I am approaching 50 and have been struggling with this way to long!
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit and strong enough to join the army. I honestly don't care about how I look - I'm very happy with my body and always have been. I just need the strength to get through the army's fitness test. :)
  • I don't partake in a lot of activities because I lack the self-confidence due to my size.