For all the DOG lovers out there~

Options

Replies

• Lorianny
    Options
    I love dogs so I cant really track with you, sorry. Does she take good care of your children when she babysits?
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    Sounds to me she is a BAD dog owner. It is one thing to have pets (we have quite a few) but another to allow such behavior. Dogs can be trained not to be on the furniture, do their business in one area and never jump on a human. I'd NEVER allow my dog on the couch or bed...never. I don't feel that is good hygiene so it is never allowed. :( I'd rethink having your kids sleep over there, or make it so rarely that it becomes a non- issue you can live with. Honestly ~ about the kids and the dog in the bed...I'd have a good talk with her about that, so it isn't something she thinks is ok with you or the kids. Just my opinion. The other of course is something you can't ask her to change. Next time direct her to the kitchen table. Hopefully the dog doesn't get on the table or chairs! :noway: :embarassed: :sick:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Well here is part of one of my blogs for non-pet owners such as yourself.

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)

3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.

4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: In many ways, dogs, cats and Birds are better than kids because they:

1. Eat less

2. Don't ask for money all the time

3 Are easier to train

4. Normally come when called

5. Never ask to drive the car

6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends

7. Don't smoke or drink

8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions

9. Don't want to wear your clothes

10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and...

11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

^^ This!!^^ Love #11 ;)

and i know i know... don't feed the troll... XD
  • Galletakek
    Options
    181576_10150170172000921_510440920_8877751_8136220_n.jpg

Say hello to Olly, or as we call him, DogBot.

He thinks that Dogs are better than all people (except Daddy of course).

ROFL
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Clearly i brought all of the dog lover / people haters out of the closet... LOL I'm going to go take care of my children ( yes, that are sometimes noisy ) ( and the condo association did allow children~ but not pets for some reason..lol ) now, so have a nice day:smile:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Clearly i brought all of the dog lover / people haters out of the closet... LOL I'm going to go take care of my children ( yes, that are sometimes noisy ) ( and the condo association did allow children~ but not pets for some reason..lol ) now, so have a nice day:smile:

Nice troll, though. I hope you enjoyed it!
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I like my dog a helluva lot more than most people. Like, for example, dog-haters.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The more people I meet, the more I like my dog. ^..^
  • only4me_lori
    only4me_lori Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like dogs WAY better than I like most teenagers..I have an English Bulldog and she is a lover....She has a personality and manners...She doesn't talk back...she doesn't roll her eyes when I talk to her...she patiently waits awhile I put my shoes on to take her outside to do her business..she doesn't do her business in the house and is modest when she does..(she tries to hide it in the tall weeds)...when i am feeling down, she seems to know, and puts her head in my lap and looks at me with her sorrowful little eyes, when I walk in the door after work, she greets me with a wag of her entire rump, since her tail is so small...yes, she sleeps on MY bed, but there are times she just lies on the floor at the end of the bed...if her paws get muddy or wet, she waits patiently for me to clean them....I totally believe that every child should grow up with a dog..nothing's cuter than a child and his/her dog...nothing compares to a dog sitting at the window watching for his/her favorite little "master/playmate" to get off the bus, anticipating playtime...To have love for a dog, and to take care of a dog properly is admitting that there is something bigger than ourselves...that we are not the most important entity in our own lives..dogs teach us humbleness, selflessness, compassion, and true love...I totally think it is unfair of you to lash out about an animal who was not properly trained....I work in the restaurant business and I have seen children who are allowed to behave badly, who are spoiled, I have seen teenagers who speak to their parents with disrespect and act like the world owes them something...Then I have seen people who have never had a pet, a childhood companion to teach them responsiblity, compassion, humility, and unconditional love...they just do not seem to be as satisfied with life as much as a pet owner is...I would much rather have a little dog hair on my couch (it vacuums off), a muddy footprint on my carpet (it can be steamcleaned out), and doggy slobber on my pantleg (it washes out)...than to ever live my life with an empty place in my heart that only the love of the many pooches I have owned or will own can fill...
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My dog is my child. I would kill anyone who tried to hurt him or was unkind to him. In return I keep a tight leash on him in public, and do not let him misbehave when I have company over. However, as someone else stated it is HIS home, not theirs and I expect mutual respect.

But just like humans, not all dogs are lovable, nor are they all disgusting.

I agree - well said!!! And i have the same attitude as you, if anyone was to hurt him! They wouldn't be living....
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Why should people treat dogs with any less respect than they do with their kids. They are some people's furry children. They're not beneath us and for a lot of people they are wonderful companions who are obedient, listen to you, comfort you when you are down, wag their tails happily when you get home. I see far more appreciation from them than I do from a lot of people's kids / other human beings! They are so unbelievably loyal and loving.

And this is coming from somebody who used to really not like dogs! I didn't hate them, I just never had good experiences with them so was scared of pretty much all of them.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I like animals more than your bratty kids, and most people. By the way humans and animals are both mammals.

Kids **** & piss their pants, whine, talk back, and create havoc. There's a reason I don't want kids, but do have animals.

Oh and if your kids are in the water drowning and so were my animals, I would save my animals before your kids. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
  • vickijank
    vickijank Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kids smear poop on walls. Just saying, that is pretty gross.

I like dogs far more than I like people.

True story. "The more I see of man, the more I like my dog".
  • only4me_lori
    Options
    LOL...I totally agree with you...especially about the...does not hang out with drug using friends part....don't forget the...does not steal my stuff so they can score their favorite mind altering substance....
  • vickijank
    vickijank Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like my dog a helluva lot more than most people. Like, for example, dog-haters.

I second this one too!
  • only4me_lori
    Options
    Here's the funny thing about that...Your dog, even though drowning, would probably risk it's life trying to save HER children...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I HATE DOGS... and ALL animals for that matter... but, especially DOGS. For instance:
    Went to visit my mother in law. She has a rather large mut. She asked if i would let him out to do his business. SURE, i replied. I watched as he pissed all over his front paw... and continued on to take a **** as big as a horse... ONLY to step in the big ol' pile of **** on his way back in. To make matters worse, he prances back into the house resuming his thrown ON THE COUCH... where, my dear mother in law offers me to have a seat. REALLY??? I cannot fathom why people allow mammoths in their house, much less on furniture. P.S.~ When she keeps our kids over-night, she expects the kids to welcome HER dog into the bed where they sleep. Now mind you, the hairy buggar is NOT allowed in hers. WHY is this??? Ugggh... thankyou for letting me vent:)

I hope that you're never trapped under a pile of rubble and need a dog's nose to sniff you out.

And I hope you're never in a house that catches on fire and need a dog or cat to wake you up and save your life.

Or any other situation where you might need such assistance.

Aren't you just a lovely human being.
  • rml_16
    Options
    My question is, why is the title of this "For all the DOG lovers out there"? Why not "For all the DOG haters out there" so you would draw like minded people.

Personally, I think it's amusing that your MIL is good enough to keep your kids with her filthy dog, but her home is disgusting because she allows the dog on the furniture. I guess free babysitting trumps a filthy dog.

BTW, those of us who actually do love dogs don't really care whether you like them or not. With an attitude like yours, you wouldn't be welcome in my home anyways.

TOTALLY AGREE -- are you just looking for a reaction with that title??
    Let me guess, your kids are perfect???? they never drag dirt into the house? never not wipe themselves after going to the bathroom ?

It is the owner, not the dog !!! My two dogs are my children, had them since they were 8 weeks old and they are now 2 yoa -- NEVER had these issues because of the TRAINING they had !!

10344221.png

My cousin used to hide in a closet to poop and make himself throw up every night when he was put to bed.

My dogs have never done those things.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    How can you hate this . . .

diesel.jpg
  • rml_16
    Options
    Probably because it's illegal to not allow children.

Before that particular law went into effect, there were many places for rent with the stipulation you couldn't bring your children to live there.

Just sayin'.

(And for the record, I like kids. I have one.)
This discussion has been closed.