For all the DOG lovers out there~

Options

Replies

• KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, that's the dog's home...He has more of a right to be there than you do...(Although I do agree with the people that posted about wiping their feet off! :) )

Annnnd.... for all of you dog lovers that were tricked into clicking on this post by that awful title one of my favorite poems!

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog,"
    or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog,"
    but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog,"
    and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand
    phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust,
    and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog", I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future,
    the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away
    from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog",
    but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being
    "just a man or woman."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog"
    just smile...
    because they "just don't understand."

by Richard Biby
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    photo-14.jpg
    Dogs > Children, to me. You're topic title is misleading and your story sucks.

This is my dog Buster and he says, "I'm not listening to you!"
    Awww! :) What a sweetie!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    V5a1e.jpg
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Maybe we should start a discussion thread entitled "For all the Contrary03 lovers out there" and then start hacking away????? Would you like that?

You knew exactly what you were doing and you got the reaction you wanted.....now why dont you go play in the street blindfolded!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    And Tosco says, "I am way too cool for you"

NewImage-2.jpg
    675779_8110.jpg
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    <You'd have to be heartless not to fall in love with that face instantly.
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    [ I cannot fathom why people allow mammoths in their house [/quote]

any one that CAN let a mammoth into their house has a pretty big house....
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    [ I cannot fathom why people allow mammoths in their house

any one that CAN let a mammoth into their house has a pretty big house....
    [/quote]

aaannd i did the quote thing wrong. fail
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    And for the OP: I'm curious about something...

Why would you make the title of your post "FOR ALL DOG LOVERS OUT THERE" and then bash and berate dogs? If you don't like dogs, that's your choice. But, I think directing this post to dog lovers is just a little rude. I honestly opened it thinking it was something cute, funny, etc directed towards people who have and love dogs. NOT a dog bashing post.

Agreed, rude and ridiculous. Some people need to grow up.
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    First of all, I fail to see how a dog peeing on his legs is his own fault.

Stepping in **** is the fault of the person who left **** to be stepped in. You could have just as easily stepped in ****, and I doubt you would have tracked it into the house. You would have wiped it up. (Read: you should have wiped him up.) Dogs need to be taken care of. They are perpetual toddlers. They aren't for everyone, just like kids aren't for everyone, just like tofu isn't for everyone.

I work at a doggy daycare. I apologize if this sounds rude, but I think I would find it hilarious to see you do my job for one day. The Simple Life (with Paris Hilton) wasn't my favorite show, but I'd make an exception to see that.
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Dogs can only behave they way they are taught. I've had critters of all sorts my whole life. Right now I'm dogless but make up for it in the amount of other critters. As in 8 horses, 1 pony, 1 steer and 7 cats.

Don't come to my house you might step in...horse, cow, or cat poo. Or wild critter poo...turkey, deer, bear & coyote.

Poo happens!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    <<< I love dogs. :D I REALLY love MY dogs. But, I don't expect anyone else to, so I can understand where you're coming from. I also don't like it when people don't take care of their dogs. We wipe our dogs feet every time they come back into the house with either baby wipes or a bucket o'suds if weather requires. I clean up after my dogs in the yard so that there aren't big piles for them to step in. I obedience train my dogs so that they are well-behaved in public and with others in general... and I've received a lot of compliments about them.

On the other hand, my house is MY house and my dogs are part of my family. While I certainly don't expect anyone coming to my house to make friends with my dogs - or share the couch with them - my opinion is that they need to understand that the dogs live there and they don't. So, if you really can't stand the idea of my dogs being in my house... don't come over. :smile:

This!!!
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    I HATE DOGS... and ALL animals for that matter... but, especially DOGS. For instance:
    Went to visit my mother in law. She has a rather large mut. She asked if i would let him out to do his business. SURE, i replied. I watched as he pissed all over his front paw... and continued on to take a **** as big as a horse... ONLY to step in the big ol' pile of **** on his way back in. To make matters worse, he prances back into the house resuming his thrown ON THE COUCH... where, my dear mother in law offers me to have a seat. REALLY??? I cannot fathom why people allow mammoths in their house, much less on furniture. P.S.~ When she keeps our kids over-night, she expects the kids to welcome HER dog into the bed where they sleep. Now mind you, the hairy buggar is NOT allowed in hers. WHY is this??? Ugggh... thankyou for letting me vent:)

Then have her babysit at your house, where you make the rules? My dogs aren't out of control, but really, it's her house and her dog and her furniture no?
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    <<< I love dogs. :D I REALLY love MY dogs. But, I don't expect anyone else to, so I can understand where you're coming from. I also don't like it when people don't take care of their dogs. We wipe our dogs feet every time they come back into the house with either baby wipes or a bucket o'suds if weather requires. I clean up after my dogs in the yard so that there aren't big piles for them to step in. I obedience train my dogs so that they are well-behaved in public and with others in general... and I've received a lot of compliments about them.

On the other hand, my house is MY house and my dogs are part of my family. While I certainly don't expect anyone coming to my house to make friends with my dogs - or share the couch with them - my opinion is that they need to understand that the dogs live there and they don't. So, if you really can't stand the idea of my dogs being in my house... don't come over. :smile:

This!!!

<3 this!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I love my animals far more than I love people. I have 4 animals. I bet they are a lot cleaner than the people we come across every day. The people who wipe their *kitten* and dont wash their hands is pretty much the same thing as a dog pooping and ACCIDENTALLY stepping in it when a human INTENTIONALLY does that. Its nasty. My dogs are always bathed, and wiped clean after they come from outside. I clean up their mess, their teeths are brushed. Kids are nasty and wipe boogers and **** all over everything. If I came into your house and refused to sit on your couch because of dirty kids you would be offended. Dont hate on the animals. They are harmless. I am sure you come across more germs at the grocery store than sitting on her couch.

This!! I have pets and I'm almost never sick. All the people with young kids are constantly suffering from colds and flus and lord knows what else because Children Are Filthy!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    My dog is my baby.

My neighbor has commented to me on more than one occasion that my dog is far more well behaved than his children are.
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    OH! I wanted to say one more thing about my "disgusting" dog. When I was pregnant with my son I fell in the bathroom I somehow got stuck (yes it's a funny story now, but then I was scared to death) My husband was outside mowing and couldn't hear me, so I literally told my dog to go get "dad," she ran out there and barked at him until he stopped and made sure he followed her in, and of course he promptly got me unstuck. That dog has passed away but I will never forget how loyal, loving, and kind she was.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    We have a big indoor dog. But that mammoth will wake our Deaf son up if the fire alarm goes off.

Next time the dog ****s and steps in it, I hope it jumps on you. :)
  • apatrick106
    apatrick106 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I HATE DOGS... and ALL animals for that matter... but, especially DOGS. For instance:
    Went to visit my mother in law. She has a rather large mut. She asked if i would let him out to do his business. SURE, i replied. I watched as he pissed all over his front paw... and continued on to take a **** as big as a horse... ONLY to step in the big ol' pile of **** on his way back in. To make matters worse, he prances back into the house resuming his thrown ON THE COUCH... where, my dear mother in law offers me to have a seat. REALLY??? I cannot fathom why people allow mammoths in their house, much less on furniture. P.S.~ When she keeps our kids over-night, she expects the kids to welcome HER dog into the bed where they sleep. Now mind you, the hairy buggar is NOT allowed in hers. WHY is this??? Ugggh... thankyou for letting me vent:)

This is not the dogs fault! If you saw him Pee on his Paw and step in *kitten* why didn't you say something to your mother in-law so she could clean him off! If she does not then it is the owner problem not the dog!!!!
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    how could you not love this face? And snap! she's on my couch!!!

[img][/img]
This discussion has been closed.