For all the MEN lovers out there

Options
Phoenix1401
Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
This is a HUGE thanks to Men! Thanks for screwing in all the light bulbs,reaching high places doing the disgusting yard work and killing gross insects. A HUGE thanks to the ones who open doors for women and who actually take time out of the day to take a shower....with soap...and water. Finally the ones who are stuck in the "Friend zone" Thank you so much for hugging us women who are crying over jerks and thanks for staying on the phone for hours listening to our complaints and problems.....one day you'll have a chance...one day. Dont give up!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Sorry but, you left out:

kind enough to make a fresh pot of coffee for when we wake up...

When we are sick as a dog like I am right now, and you sit down and demand to give you my feet so you can massage them to the point I fall asleep (hubby is REAL good at that! LOL!)

Most importantly - defending their spouse when all others are trash-talking and slamming you. He has stood by my side when people (both related and unrelated) have attempted to treat me like garbage... When he had to put his own mother in her place for being a total *kitten* over things SHE did and said about me that werent true at all, he never backed down....
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    We get a thanks for taking a shower? You sound like an easy woman to please.
  • Phoenix1401
    Options
    Lol yeah that too
    Honestly without men I could never kill a gross insect I remember I spent a weekend at my friends house because there was a huge ugly spider at my place...I had to wait till my stepdad came home and killed it. Lol
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Thanks for buying me drinks even though you KNOW, come on, you KNOW, it's not going to happen. :drinker:
    For having that little nook in which I can cuddle in and smell you. Mmmm
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Low standards much?
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe you need to figure out how to do some things for yourself...

Learn to fix lightbulbs, invest in a stepladder, and whatever other stuff. I believe women should never be dependent on men or vice-versa. NEEDing someone makes most relationship unhealthy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You did it wrong. You're supposed to call out the men lovers and then bash men. Then whine when people who actually like men come to the thread.
  • Phoenix1401
    Options
    Low standards? This thread is to be taken lightly its something positive and funny I guess....its Friday...chill bro chilllllll... Oh and yes some dudes dont take showers or they smell like they dont. Lol
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe you need to figure out how to do some things for yourself...

Learn to fix lightbulbs, invest in a stepladder, and whatever other stuff. I believe women should never be dependent on men or vice-versa. NEEDing someone makes most relationship unhealthy.

Wow way to be a downer... I think she was simply saying thank you for doing all those things we do not want to do.
    Also i want to say:
    Thank you for supporting us, for giving us lucky mom's the ability to stay home with our kids, and for manning the BBQ to name a few
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Jeez! It's Friday people, lighten up!
  • RosalindaP
    RosalindaP Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow susrprised by some of the negativity here. I think it is sweet! It is always nice to take the time out and thank people for the little things. Yes I can change my own light bulbs, kill a bug and open my own doors...but I am not going to pretend I don't like having someone willing to do it for me!

I am a strong independent woman when I need to be...but I have no problem letting my man be the MAN in the relationship! And I am thankful he takes on his role
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    And I KNOW how to change my cat's damn litter box but I miss my ex for that reason and that reason only. :sad: Oh and taking out the trash too. :brokenheart:
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Thank you for being strong when I fall, for having dinner ready for me when I finish a work out, for spending hours at the mall with me while I find the 'Right' pair of pants that flatter, for telling me I am beautiful when I feel gross, for always telling me I don't look fat in the outfit when I ask 'do I look fat in this?', for always greeting me with open arms and a kiss when I get home from work....
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Wow susrprised by some of the negativity here. I think it is sweet! It is always nice to take the time out and thank people for the little things. Yes I can change my own light bulbs, kill a bug and open my own doors...but I am not going to pretend I don't like having someone willing to do it for me!

I am a strong independent woman when I need to be...but I have no problem letting my man be the MAN in the relationship! And I am thankful he takes on his role

THIS 100% ^
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My husband and I struck a deal i kill all the spiders (he can't stand them) and he gets to take care of any and all snakes. I got the short end of that stick.
  • Alexa712
    Alexa712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Amen...very nicely put
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I would personally like to thank the men who are patient with us when we are cranky or moody because of TOM.

Thanks for letting me stick my freezing feet underneath you whenever I need them to be warm. (Even though you guys hate it! LOL)

Thanks for carrying all the heavy boxes and bags for me even when I don't ask!

Especially thanks for holding the door for me. But I thank anyone who is willing to hold a door open, I think it's a very polite gesture :)

And YES on the shower part. Lol. My bf always likes to brag about how he hasn't showered in days or over the weekend.:huh:
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thank you for going out of your way to make me feel special. Thank you for going out of your way to be with me at all! Thank you for always telling me that I'm not crazy when I'm damned sure acting it. Thank you for putting up with the crazy. Thank you for loving me even when I don't love myself. Thank you for loving me especially when I don't love myself. Thank you for wanting to know every little thing about me. And thank you for making me feel like every little thing is special.
  • AllezCheryl45
    AllezCheryl45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love your post! Men don't get enough praise for the things they do right. Way to be grateful and positive!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm the tall one in the relationship, so I am the one who has to reach stuff on the top shelf and screw in the lightbulb, but my hubby is a fabulous man who makes my coffee, washes the dishes, does the laundry, scratches my back (my favorite thing in the world), and loves me unconditionally. :)

Oh, and is patient and forgiving when I'm a raging psychopath, which happens occasionally (I am a woman, after all).