For all the MEN lovers out there

Options

Replies

• MarySunshine70
    Options
    Okay... pretty "traditional" but... Thanks to my man for working your heart out every day! Thanks for being the one to handle the mean or political people... thanks for being not exactly perfect....and ooooh thanks for the deliciousness of your warmth
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    Seriously thank you for this. There are so many man bashing threads that go up here. Even in this thread we got about 3 posts in before people started in.

Try this sometime. Keep track of how many tv commercials portray men as stupid creatures who can barely tie their shoes. You know we kind of did put a man on the moon and invent a whole bunch of things..just saying. But you will never see a tv commercial with a stupid woman and her husband rolling his eyes at her. Always the other way around.

I couldn't be happier than to do nice things for the women in my life. It's just even nicer if it gets appreciated. So thank you.
    Sadly, you are correct about the commercials. Bashing an entire sex is ridiculous, besides, I have been blessed in life with the men I am lucky enough to have in it. Men are awesome!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    Low standards much?

Wow,really? Haven't you heard of being grateful for the small things??

Yep..
    I am grateful for them banging our fellow females behind our backs.
    I am grateful for them being lazy and not picking up their dirty laundry.

Shall I go on?

/sarcasm.
    Effing learn to take a joke already.

So sorry your life has been so miserable.

To the men:
    Thank you for taking care of your children, so they grow into loving adults.
    Thank you for knowing how to do things we don't want to do - like fixing the washer, the plumbing, the car.
    Thank you for hanging the Christmas lights, and then taking them dow two weeks later. That was your whole Saturday, and we appreciate it.
    Thank you for taking us out to dinner when you'd rather go to the bar and watch the game.
    Thank you for carrying our luggage to the car, to the airport, to the hotel room.
    Thank you for being super friendly waiters, bartenders, taxi drivers, tech support, you name it, you can do it!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Low standards much?

Yep..

Shall I go on?

/sarcasm.

Anytime! :laugh:

I don't have time to ruin a thread so no worries....
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thank you for respecting me, respecting our family and respecting yourself. Thank you for helping me cook dinner every night, for getting up every morning and us getting the kids off to school. Thank you for starting the coffee, and on occasion for letting me sleep in, and you getting all 4 of the kids off by yourself. Thank you for letting me be a stay at home mom, and thank you for being the loveing husband and father that you are. For your confidence in me and yourself, for believing in God and saying bed time prayers with our children every night. Thank you for supporting me in all my crazy adventures (I still want to go skydiving). Thank you for never cheating, and always loving us.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that my man loves me unconditionally.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    To the men:
    Thank you for taking care of your children, so they grow into loving adults.
    Thank you for knowing how to do things we don't want to do - like fixing the washer, the plumbing, the car.
    Thank you for hanging the Christmas lights, and then taking them dow two weeks later. That was your whole Saturday, and we appreciate it.
    Thank you for taking us out to dinner when you'd rather go to the bar and watch the game.
    Thank you for carrying our luggage to the car, to the airport, to the hotel room.
    Thank you for being super friendly waiters, bartenders, taxi drivers, tech support, you name it, you can do it!

Yes
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    There are many things I am thankful to my husband for doing, not b/c I can't do them but b/c I would just rather not.

Thank you for taking out the trash, for raking the leaves out of the pool, for doing your own laundry and not expecting me to b/c I'm the woman. Thank you for working hard and expecting the same from me. Thank you for being so good with my family, even though even I sometimes don't want to deal with them. Thank you for being a GOOD man as much and often as you can be, and for apologizing when you aren't/can't. :wink:
  • losingtwentyin2012
    Options
    You did it wrong. You're supposed to call out the men lovers and then bash men. Then whine when people who actually like men come to the thread.

LOL
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom and have been for awhile. I do everything myself and don't NEED a man. BUT I am especially greatful for the men who allow me to be a "girl" and kill my spiders, look at my car, move heavy things, buy me a drink, cook me dinner, tell me I'm beautiful, make me laugh, open my doors for me, get a little protective when creepers are around (I'm a black belt and take self defense. I could probably do more damage than some of my guys friends, but it's still sweet) and all those other things other things that make men what we women refer to as being "a real man".

I also want to say that even though I have known some horrible examples of men (women too for that matter) I am constantly surrounded with friends and co workers who are great examples. Good husbands, fathers, single fathers, friends, brothers, partners. I know way too many wonderful men to ever be jaded into thinking all men suck. Even though I am guilty of going on the occasional rant when I do see a crappy person. I LOVE MEN. Thank you guys!:flowerforyou: :love:
  • losingtwentyin2012
    Options
    Low standards much?

Yep..

Shall I go on?

/sarcasm.

I agree... Doesn't mean her life is miserable. They aren't any good men in my life. It's just a fact. Wish they were but they aren't. :ohwell:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    It's appreciation like that that makes us want to do even more things for our women. And yes, we know that appreciation works in both directions. So thanks for being a woman! :flowerforyou:
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Seriously thank you for this. There are so many man bashing threads that go up here. Even in this thread we got about 3 posts in before people started in.

Try this sometime. Keep track of how many tv commercials portray men as stupid creatures who can barely tie their shoes. You know we kind of did put a man on the moon and invent a whole bunch of things..just saying. But you will never see a tv commercial with a stupid woman and her husband rolling his eyes at her. Always the other way around.

I couldn't be happier than to do nice things for the women in my life. It's just even nicer if it gets appreciated. So thank you.

Could it be? Is he human?
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Oh! I almost forgot!

I would personally like to thank my bf (and any other man that does it) for respecting if we would rather you not kill an insect, but instead capture it and release it safely back outside :)

It makes me happy when my BF does that for me, especially when it comes to spiders (things we both hate, but he's willing to do it):heart:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I love my husband. He's awesome.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Quiet you. I'm squashing this rumor now.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options

Quiet you. I'm squashing this rumor now.

:laugh:
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Low standards much?

Yep..

Shall I go on?

/sarcasm.

I agree... Doesn't mean her life is miserable. They aren't any good men in my life. It's just a fact. Wish they were but they aren't. :ohwell:

Nope not miserable. Was attempting to be snarky. That went over well. LOL

And maybe.. I prefer women! Just a thought. Although, I am straight. Again.. snarkism. Not turning out to be my strong suit :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm a ridiculously independent woman who will do yardwork, plumbing, electrical, drywall, yadda yadda yadda, myself, as well as being fit and strong... but sometimes, I totally depend on my husband to open stuck jars.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I love an independent woman... but let's face it, there are just some things that you need us guys around for.... like reproduction. Bow-chicka-wow-wow :love: