Drinking W| The Boyfriend Tonight - Help?

Options

Replies

• a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I prefer Gin to Vodka myself (same calories i think its 100 for 1.5oz).

I mix it with diet Sprite with a few lime wedges... Its a favorite of mine the Sprite mixes great with the Gin...

(its also an amazing frozen drink for summer - I mix up a bucket and throw it in the freezer for a few days then scoop out some frozen slushie... yummm )

I play beach volleyball in the summer and i bring this frozen every week. You can liven it up with grape, cherry, strawberry or cherry capri suns - scoop out the frozen stuff then squeeze in a little capri sun and you have a geat refreshing summer drink! still less calories than a straight up juice drink....

When drinking Vodka, I find I like it with cranberry or orange juice, but I dont like to give up all those calories! thats why I stick with Gin...

Hope that helps...
  • iamhungree
    Options
    "not drinking" is always a choice, not sure why you think you can't go out to celebrate without having alcohol. Order a diet ginger ale or diet 7-Up, and as long as you have a glass in your hand, nobody will hound you and you will feel better tomorrow for not having too much to drink, or too many calories.:flowerforyou:
  • marleebaby
    Options
    He is getting his own bottle of whiskey,
    I told him to get me vodka, b|c from what I've read around the forums,
    It is one of the smarter choices.
    So my questions are -
    Is there a certain type of vodka that could possibly be the best?
    Aaaand.. Ideas for chasers? Please?
    I can't take shots straight, I'm admitting that right now, and I'm not big on mixed drinks, I always taste too much vodka.

If this helps, I have 808 calories remaining and I haven't eaten dinner yet.

& I'm sincerely looking for advice, please don't be rude.
    To the person that is going to say, "Just don't drink. Duh."
    I just beat you to it. I'm celebrating my 4yr anniversary with him.
    So that is not an option :D
    Bloody mary it's like a liquid salad. With your calories left you'll be well within your calorie goal. Unless you drink the whole bottle then you're just bada$$

I usually DO drink the whole bottle. Not only am I fat, I am a drunk. Thank God for MFP.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i prefer vodka with juice rather than soda
    and i've tried vodka with sugar free or diet juice and it just is not right imo. so unless you really like the taste of vodka you need juice.....my favorite is a mixture on cranberry, pineapple, orange and grenadine but most juices will mix (gain, personal taste)
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I like unflavored vodka with water and lemon juice. No guilt (besides the vodka, which is about 98 calories per 1.5 oz shot).
  • marleebaby
    Options
    "not drinking" is always a choice, not sure why you think you can't go out to celebrate without having alcohol. Order a diet ginger ale or diet 7-Up, and as long as you have a glass in your hand, nobody will hound you and you will feel better tomorrow for not having too much to drink, or too many calories.:flowerforyou:

we're not going out. we're staying home, and i really do enjoy drinking, but i have only had a glass of wine since my diet started.
    I also stated that was not an option in my very first post. :)
  • scoobydoojoe
    scoobydoojoe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't want to sound crass or rude, but I have a suggestion that is a repeat of someone else's above with more detail. I am sure being your anniversary, drinking is not the only thing you will be doing.

http://www.womansday.com/sex-relationships/sex-tips/8-sexy-ways-to-burn-calories-110923

Per that link, making out burns more calories per half hour than anything else on the list. Do something with him that is fun and burns enough calories that you can have a couple of good drinks even if they have more calories.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Get the cheapest stuff on the shelf.
    After the 5th shot, you won't notice.
  • rouleaux
    Options
    I second the crystal light and vodka... it really hides the taste (good or bad)! My latest favourite is:
    1oz tequila or vodka (tequila is better)
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup crystal light iced tea (or artificially sweetened ice tea)
    pinch of ginger (a small amount of crystallized/sugared ginger is awesome here)
    1/2 cup ice
    blend well!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I tried light cranberry juice and vodka last house party I had. Absolute worst Idea ever! Tasted disgusting and I didn't want to waste it so I just chugged it. I was in the glory bowl about 30 minutes later xD
  • marleebaby
    Options
    Ok, I don't want to sound crass or rude, but I have a suggestion that is a repeat of someone else's above with more detail. I am sure being your anniversary, drinking is not the only thing you will be doing.

http://www.womansday.com/sex-relationships/sex-tips/8-sexy-ways-to-burn-calories-110923

Per that link, making out burns more calories per half hour than anything else on the list. Do something with him that is fun and burns enough calories that you can have a couple of good drinks even if they have more calories.

Not rude, Not crass, Just legit! <3
    Since we are staying home and there is no one to see us, I will make sure lots of kissing and other things are involved..
    BYEBYE CALORIES! :D

We're going to the movies first, to see Beauty & The Beast in 3D. Ima big kid, I know. 3D shall be awesome.
    Anyway, we obviously can't drink there, so we're going to drink after we get back.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Vodka and a diet soda? I guess i'm not much help. Sorry. :laugh:

I have been soda free for a week. But I just can't not have a chaser, I'll blow chunks. Bahaha. Being honest, sorry.
    Sooo.. I was kind of thinking Dr. Pepper 10. Anyone have any opinions on that choice?

Everyone makes fun of me for it but I usually drink Vodka and Diet Coke.. they say it sounds gross i think its bomb! Dr. Pepper is good to usually I get diet dr. pepper with crown royale which is whyskey :-) You cant go wrong with diet soda and hard liquor if your a beer girl I go for MGD 64 or Michelobe Ultra- Good Luck :-)

ps please eat dinner before you get your drink on!! Dont want you missing the party cause you passsed out lol
  • marleebaby
    Options
    I tried light cranberry juice and vodka last house party I had. Absolute worst Idea ever! Tasted disgusting and I didn't want to waste it so I just chugged it. I was in the glory bowl about 30 minutes later xD

I honestly think this would do the same thing to me. Still leaning towards Sprite Zero at this point. I have to make a choice in the next 25 minutes.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I just bought diet bluberry juice and whipped cream vodka...........mmmmm
  • MsPinVa
    MsPinVa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Everyone keeps mentioning the flavored vodkas, wouldn't the kcals from the flavor/sugar be hidieous??

Diet ginger or diet soda would be my mixer, just so I don't have to count additional calories :)
  • marleebaby
    Options
    Everyone keeps mentioning the flavored vodkas, wouldn't the kcals from the flavor/sugar be hidieous??

Diet ginger or diet soda would be my mixer, just so I don't have to count additional calories :)

I agree, I am NOT going flavored. I have before, but i think it would be smarter at this point to just have smooth straight vodka.
  • Brittany39down
    Options
    Dirty Martini is my FAVORITE!!! 6 oz. w/ 3 olives is about 180 calories. Plain vodka with a little water and olive juice. The olive juice can come from either the jar of olives or most grocery stores sell dirty martini mix.
  • MsPinVa
    MsPinVa Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I honestly think this would do the same thing to me. Still leaning towards Sprite Zero at this point. I have to make a choice in the next 25 minutes.

Forgot about spritezero! yum!
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Polar makes delicious flavored seltzer water. ALL different flavors- - Banana, peach, blueberry, cranberry lime, lemon lime, pina colada, etc. I mix that with GIN :) I looooove my gin. Sometimes I have gin for dinner... "Ginner" ...
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I like vodka, Diet 7-Up & Light Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice. The RRGJ has 50 calories for 8 ounces, so I use it sparingly just for flavor. It sure masks the vodka taste!

If you have 808 left, you should be fine to eat a 300 calorie dinner and drink 500. The way I make them that is about 100 calories or less per drink.

Have fun and congrats!!