Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options

Replies

• LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    From Dad's side: German, French and Cherokee Indian

From Mom's side: Scottish, Irish and Welsh

So I'm a mutt... aren't most people? :wink:
  • JustGresh
    Options
    I'm mostly Irish and French. Unfortunately I take after the French in my dad because I cannot grow thick facial hair. :( I mean, I'm only 19, but still. I want a beard! Lol.
  • maluprincess
    Options
    100% Indian but born and raised in MI
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Italian :]
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My father is German & Cherokee, mother is Scottish and French. Needless to say, I took after Mom. My oldest biological sister is dark year round, has straight black hair, and is super petite. ME? I look like a frickin rugby player.

**Forgot to note that I married a 1/2 Venezuelan, 1/2 French man. He's 1st Gen on his dad's side and 3rd Gen on his Moms. Our future kids? Well, lets say I'm already praying...
  • alishuman
    Options
    I'm more Native American than anything else, not that you can tell by looking at me... Then, French & Scottish. After that, we just get into the barely there traces of ancestry... Hungarian, English, Irish, Dutch... Basically Heinz 57.

More interesting is the fact that through the maternal line, my ancestry has been traced back to King Louis XVI, and there are a few pirates for good measure.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    German & Hungarian
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Both sides of my family are french canadian ... we managed to trace it as far back as about 1784 where the family originated from France... was really cool to research this genealogical side!!!

My husband though, the poor guy is, as he calls it "mixed up and confused" - he is a mutt of different nationalities! LOL!
  • TimeToDoMe87
    Options
    i'm half dutch and half Venezuelan :)
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Canada, from a whole bunch of places, ancestrally speaking:

English
    Irish
    Scottish
    Finnish
    Czech
    Ukrainian
  • inammorata
    Options
    Ok here goes:

Spanish
    Mexican
    Irish
    Dutch
    Scottish
    French
    Native American
    Roman
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Both sides of my family are french canadian ... we managed to trace it as far back as about 1784 where the family originated from France... was really cool to research this genealogical side!!!

My husband though, the poor guy is, as he calls it "mixed up and confused" - he is a mutt of different nationalities! LOL!

Omigod, I love geneaology, that is so cool that you traced your history back to 1784!! I can only do it to the early 1800's, and even that's not complete. You've been in Canada for a long time! I'm 3rd generation Canadian on my father's side, and more like 5 on my mom's.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in New Orleans, LA. Half of my family is German, the other half is Norwegian. I look exactly like all the other Norwegian women in my family. So much so that in photos of us, sometimes I have a hard time telling who is who. My husband about had a nervous breakdown the first time he saw me and a bunch of my Norwegian female cousins all sitting next to each other. :D
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm from Uruguay, and my ancestors are Italian and Spanish. A lot of people think I'm Indian though!
  • sherrycrelling
    Options
    hi im sherry, born and raised in philadelphia, and live in western washington now.:smile:
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Cherokee Indian
    Irish
    Scottish
    Dutch
    German
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I used to say: I'm black, white and everything in between.

It's a bit murky, but I'm white, black and there's some Native American, French Canadian, Asian--Chinese! (rumor has it, anyway), and something from the West Indies all coming together to make me.

Nationality-I'm American and a native English speaker.

If I'm only given a check box on a form - I usually identify as black.

Although, a lot of people think I look Hispanic. Like when I was in Mexico and Guatemala--everyone thought I was a local until I spoke. :D
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    American! Black, mom's side is part Irish, and there's supposed to be some Native American. I'm trying to find out more from older relatives while I have the chance!

It is interesting the ethnicity etc, my kids are mixed and my son was born with blond hair and white skin!

I grew up in MI and lived up north in a small town with an Air Force base because my dad was in the military.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm half African-American and parts Irish, Polish, Scottish, and French-Canadian. I always enjoy meeting fellow black/white folks haha
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Well im for sure 37.5% irish (my dad is 75% and if he hadn't taken his stepdads last name my last name would be McCain)
    im about 12.5% norweign so that only leaves 50% unaccounted for lmfao my mom thinks shes alittle irish so i may be more irish than that even welsh and she doesnt know so lol