Drinking W| The Boyfriend Tonight - Help?

Options

Replies

• KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know this is not going to answer your question (sorry), but when I plan on drinking for a special occasion, I just don't give a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet tonic w lime ... yum! Also, there is a lower calorie vodka out there, google it I don't recall the name. Otherwise, I prefer Ketel One :wink:
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    just say no.

there dne. mix some punch.
  • marleebaby
    Options
    Oh man. I'm a Voli supporter. Please check out these beautiful recipes.

http://www.volispirits.com/#Cocktails
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    my favorite vodka is unflavored rain organic; about 20 bucks. it has a good flavor that works well with mixing. i get it at Meijer.

my go-to vodka is smirnoff. also quite decent for the price.

for mixers :

ocean spray diet cranberry / diet cranberry grape / diet cranberry pomegranate.

diet soda of any kind.
  • marleebaby
    Options
    You've probably already decided.

But Vanilla vodka with diet Root Beer is seriously heaven. I never knew root beer could mix with anything and be so delicious.

I did, I said I got Voli Vodka and Sprite Zero.
    48 calories a shot :D
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Two choices...

Diet soda--no calories
    Orange Juice---has vitamins and minerals

Orange juice is high in calories but it washes out on the "good for you" side...

Have a glass for me! :)
  • SylvieDA
    SylvieDA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about putting the vodka on ice with a twist of lemon and sipping it. Remember that alcohol, any alcohol is nothing but empty calories and it will go straight to your head if you don't eat. Not to mention getting sick...you get the idea. So basically EAT something first and drink lots of water.
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to indulge in alcohol, I'm going to do it for a taste that I really love - not just for the sake of drinking. Find a drink you really love and budget for it - or, you could just enjoy the special occasion and really enjoy yourself drinking something that you think is worth the calories.

I'll echo the other person and suggest the LaCroix sodas - they are super tasty with no calories.

Also, to the poster who suggested drinking tons of water to flush it out of your system as fast as possible: when you do that, you're forcing your liver to work a lot harder to metabolize the alcohol faster. Drinking a lot of water on top of a lot of liquor (granted, it does have to be a significant amount of alcohol, but since the OP is talking about doing shots I'll mention this) can increase the risk of alcohol poisoning. And never, never ever take Tylenol or acetaminopen for a hangover - it's bad, bad news for your liver.
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    gin n tonics with two limes rock. read this if you wanna: http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html. it's brilliant and made me an alcoholic again. not really, but it is great info.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Crystal light! The to go packs make 2 individual 8 oz drinks and go great with Vodka I would suggest the raspberry lemonade :)
    Being as alcohol dehydrates you this is also a good way to help stay hydrated! drink extra water at the end of the night to be the hydration, bloat AND the hang over! A few asprin at bed time won't hurt either! Good luck! :happy:
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    yes vodka is a smarter choice although it still has about 100 calories per shot. I like to suck on a lemon or lime wedge for a chaser, it works really well and no calories! also, some people use black coffee as a chaser because it really takes away the taste of the alcohol but ehh... coffee is nasty. I usually just do shots with lime and water after. Also, dont eat before you drink because you will get drunk faster AND you are likely to snack when you are drunk. so I recommend limiting yourself to 4 or 5 shots then you still have 400 calories or so to eat while you are drunk snacking :)
    REALLY????? we must've gone to the wrong site before because when we were looking it said (about...I'm trying to do this from memory) 56 cals...I better go back and double check our stuff
  • lisellzuniga
    lisellzuniga Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your self just be moderate with the drinks, you can always hit cardio the next day to help burn some calories, Congrats by the way!!! Everyone had great ideas!!!!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

But Vanilla vodka with diet Root Beer is seriously heaven. I never knew root beer could mix with anything and be so delicious.

Both great choices! I use the diet rootbeer and vanilla vodka (pinnacle whipped cream) myself when I want a drink! it's like having a rootbeer float! Yummy!
  • thguy
    thguy Posts: 1
    Options
    Grey Goose or Belvedare with club soda. A lime will add flavor! As healthy as it gets.
    The cheap stuff is okay too of course. Just not as clean going down.
  • marleebaby
    Options
    yes vodka is a smarter choice although it still has about 100 calories per shot. I like to suck on a lemon or lime wedge for a chaser, it works really well and no calories! also, some people use black coffee as a chaser because it really takes away the taste of the alcohol but ehh... coffee is nasty. I usually just do shots with lime and water after. Also, dont eat before you drink because you will get drunk faster AND you are likely to snack when you are drunk. so I recommend limiting yourself to 4 or 5 shots then you still have 400 calories or so to eat while you are drunk snacking :)
    REALLY????? we must've gone to the wrong site before because when we were looking it said (about...I'm trying to do this from memory) 56 cals...I better go back and double check our stuff

The Voli kind we just bought is 48 calories, so 56 is probably somewhere around correct.
  • marleebaby
    Options

Both great choices! I use the diet rootbeer and vanilla vodka (pinnacle whipped cream) myself when I want a drink! it's like having a rootbeer float! Yummy!

That sounds amazing.
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Oceanspray makes a Diet Cranberrry Juice, you can get it can Kroger, it comes in a Silver box with 4 cans. Not sure how many calories are in a serving but a serving is a whole can. I do know it's low carb, I drank it with Vodka when I was the "No Carb" Diet... Hope this helps...I love Vodka and cranberry Juice!!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i usually get vanilla vodka and soda with fresh lime, else vanilla vodka, amaretto and fresh lime shaken as a martini, or vanilla vodka and lychee shaken as a martini! YUM
  • afassett
    Options
    I have done Vodka, with water, and then added the singles crystal light (low calorie single pack ones, usually lemon lime flavour) to it.
    Technically you are drinking vodka water, which will keep you somewhat hydrated, with a bit if a lemon-lime taste to it - with less calories than drinking it with pop or juice.
    Hope that helps!