Boycotting fast food for 2012 .... Who's in ???

Options
12346»

Replies

• missdabby
    missdabby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    sounds like a plan...I only eat the vege sandwich at Subway...and that is rarely...I love Chipotle for the bowl with brown rice, black beans, salsa and gauc...Panera is not bad for some of their U pick 2's of soup and salad...plus I love their ice tea...unsweetened of course...good luck everyone :)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    HELL Yeah!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Not me!

I enjoy fast food way too much. Sure, it's bad for me and all, but it taste just fabulous.
    My program of fitness produced results over a 2 year period - over 65 lbs lost and almost 20% body fat.

I would have quit long ago had I given up life's eating pleasures like fast food, sweets and a grilled T-Bone with a stuffed potato.

Nope!
    All foods are permissible but in moderation.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Nope, not here. I'm gonna eat it if it's within my calories for the day and if I want it! :)
  • MsEbony619
    Options
    Oh, hell yea!!
  • NickiR3d
    NickiR3d Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im am soooooo very tempted to go to Red Lobsters for their $15 deal......I keep repeating to myself its NOT WORTH IT!!!! ugh Help!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've eaten out at Red Lobster a couple of times since starting this and managed to stay under on calories. I just went to their website and planned my meal before going and knew what to order without looking and getting sidetracked by other choices. You can eat out, just do some preplanning. I always check out the restaurant's menu online before going and still able to eat what I want with some adjustments. Like RL, I love their cheddar bay biscuits, but I passed on those so I could have the seafood I really wanted.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Im am soooooo very tempted to go to Red Lobsters for their $15 deal......I keep repeating to myself its NOT WORTH IT!!!! ugh Help!

red lobster and similar restaurants are not fast food
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm in, so HECKS YEA!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I am not eating out anywhere for this month and seeing where it goes. I did have sushi for a new year's dinner with friends, but I think this month will be great. I've been planning all of my meals and if I crave something, I make something similar. Working out great so far.
  • Amptitude
    Options
    I've been off fast food for the past five months! (:
    At first it's really hard and if you think about it, you crave it for what seems like FOREVER. But now i'm kind of just like "Eh, ew.."

Goodluck everyone xx
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have not had fast food in ten years, so I'll be in again this year.
  • JollyJane13
    JollyJane13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Four days a month I take care of this little old lady. She HAS to go out to eat for lunch and dinner so eating out is really a challenge. We go to restaurants that only have "real" napkins. I am tempted to get the fried this and covered in bbq that, but recently (since I have been counting calories) I have been limiting myself to grilled chicken salads, no dressing (never really ate it anyway) and drinking water instead of the unlimited soda I would have had at least 4 glasses full of before (I drink a lot). Its really hard to order than while the guy next to you eats prime rib, but it is a challenge I have to conquer. I don't eat subway because I find it highly irrational to pay for something I can throw together at home in a few minutes. So my goal is to ONLY eat out when I am working for this lady and to eat at home the remainder of the time (unless out of town or something like that).

15196606.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    So my mom took me to Panera on Saturday for lunch. I'm on the fence as to whether Panera is really fast food or not. I did get the Pick 2 with black bean soup and 1/2 a mediteranean veggie sandwich. It came to something like 550 cals. Could have been worse! Normally I would have gotten brocolli/cheese soup and some crazy sandwich so this was an improvement and healthier. I hope everyone's doing well with their goal to boycott fast food!! Or at the very least not eating McD's everyday :wink:
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    Funny, I find the best part about MFP is that I can still eat fast food, log it, and then just hit my target for the rest of the day.
  • NickiR3d
    NickiR3d Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have totally failed this mission to boycott fast foods but will be jumping back on the band wagon
  • blmr85
    blmr85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Can't live without my taco bell once in a while : )