Replies

• ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm making Skinnytaste's Italian Turkey Meatballs with whole grain spaghetti and roasted green beans on the side.
  • pokesfan48
    Options
    Tonight is meatball subs with turkey meatballs, LF marinara sause and RF provolone cheese. We will have a salad on the side.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    leftover vegetable enchiladas and mexican brown rice
  • blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    check out this site for great recipes! they convert recipes into healthy versions. love it!!!!

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/healthified/dinners.aspx
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Dinner for Friday 01/13/2012

Shredded Turkey quesadillas!
    Ive got my turkey steaming in a lovely bath of seasonings and spices - this will come out fork tender when I shred it.

Im planning on sauteeing up some colorful pepper strips, baby bella mushrooms, sliver up some onions... Ive got a variety of cheeses and its all going in one of my Joseph's low carb pita breads from which Ill use as the 'tortilla'...

An array of habanero hot sauces at the ready as well!
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    check out this site for great recipes! they convert recipes into healthy versions. love it!!!!

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/healthified/dinners.aspx

That is a very cool site! Thanks
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Spicy whiskey BBQ sliders. Tastykitchen.com
  • Chicken Fajitas! Here are the ingredients:

Whole Wheat Tortillas
    Onion
    Peppers (red, green & yellow)
    Grilled chicken breast
    Lettuce
    Black beans
    Corn (put in tortillas or eaten on the side)

PLUS, we're making homemade salsa! Mmmmmm, super healthy & super yummy.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I'm making a tart with (light) puff pastry, mushrooms, spring onion, broccoli, baby sweetcorn (trying to use up veg which is why it's a bit random!!), brie and feta. Then some roast potato cubes (in spray light of course :p) with garlic salt and rosemary.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    chipotle pork chops, peas, and scalloped potatoes, salad
  • iwillberipped
    iwillberipped Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing! Def going to try it!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Some sort of prawn dim sum (steamed) followed by Tofu and rice noodle soup in a miso broth. ~And then fresh fruit.
  • HappyMommyTo2
    Options
    I love pizza and hate all the calories. When my family is having pizza, I've been making mine with a whole wheat or reduced carb tortilla. Brush lightly with EVOO first and toast in the oven, flip once. An easy sauce is tomaato sauce with Italian Seasoning. Top with whatever you enjoy. I like artichoke hearts, tomato, spinach, zucchini, basil and cheese. Easy and yummy!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight 01/14/2012

Eye Round Steak strips with a gahhhhhlicky-herbed compound butter melted...
    Homemade chimichurri sauce to dress the steak

Caramelized onions with sauteed mushrooms and rainbow peppers, more gahhhhhhlic

For him, freshly baked texas gahhhlic toast

For me, I will make a side dish of shirataki noodles in a homemade alfredo sauce, fresh basil and freshly chopped sun-dried tomato as a garnish.....
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Split Pea Soup! A family favourite :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357803-traditional-ish-split-pea-soup?

For 6 hearty servings...

1 Tbsp olive oil
    2 medium onions, chopped
    2-3 large carrots, chopped
    3 cloves garlic
    2 cups dry split peas (green or yellow - we use 1 cup of each for variety but either works!)
    2 liters (8 cups) of water
    2-3 bay leaves
    Approx 400g-1lb of smoked ham, lean only (or a ham hock if you're feeling saucy) - chopped
    dried thyme (optional)
    fresh ground black pepper

In a medium dutch oven, heat the oil on medium heat and soften the onions, carrots and garlic for 5-7 minutes. Add in the split peas and stir well. Cover with approx 2 liters of water and add in the bay leaves. If you like, add in some dried thyme (we didn't but it's up to you) and ground black pepper. Add the ham and bring to a simmer with the lid slightly ajar. Simmer on medium or medium-low for at least 2 hours, stirring every once in a while and ensuring it doesn't boil away furiously. For the last 30 mins, simmer with the lid off.

The meat should be very tender and falling apart and the peas should be completely broken down. Initially the soup will appear watery but once the peas break down it will turn into a creamy, delicious bowl of goodness. You can opt to blend it if you like but we don't bother. I love the chunks of carrot and ham.
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    this topic is great!! All these ideas have inspired me! THANKS!!!!
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Chicken cutlets!
  • Mama2CnR
    Mama2CnR Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Eggplant pizza! First time trying it, so I'm hoping it will be good :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Navy bean soup (just navy beans, soaked over night, then cooked in the crock pot with water, chicken broth, chopped white onion and ham hocks) with corn bread + butter. Simple, but delicious!

It has definitely become one of my favorite dinners, so we have it once a week. :bigsmile: