30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• greeneyes12273
    Options
    I have heard this is really intense but will do wonders. I think that you can also watch it on utube...that is if you have enough room to do it in front of your computer. Would love to try it out.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just gave the first workout a test run and wow, great workout! It didn't burn as many calories as I normally do but I know I'll be feeling it later today and tomorrow. I think my 3 lb weights might be a little too heavy for those circut workouts, hehe ... I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning.

So 6 days a week? I might be able to squeeze 5 but I'm doing this with P90X so no promises there, hehe; don't want to overtrain.

Yay, June 1! ... as for group name ... something like June Shredders?
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    June Shredders is neat!!

I attempted P90X and accountability was my problem as well.....after my first week I did ok but when I did the yoga I was horrible at it.

When I do the shred my heart rate monitor indicates usualy between 230-250 Cals for 22ish min. I also go to the gym 5 days a week with my man :smile: and usualy do about 80 minutes of just cardio.....I use the shred as my wight training as I use 5Ibs dumb bells and have a hard time doing all the reps!!

:drinker:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I'm doing the doubles schedule with P90X so this is going to replace Cardio X for me ... been doing it 3x per week for the past month for Phase 2 and I can't imagine another month of the same thing 4x per week in Phase 3, hehe. So the 3 lbs weights will work fine; I use the 5's for my heavier resistance training. At least my twitching arm says I should stay at 3 lbs :laugh:.

The calorie burn was just shy of 200 so I should be able to bump that up over the next few weeks. I'll go for 4x next week since it's recovery week and then start to aim for 5x after that.

Though I must say, I can't imagine picking this up without any of my P90X training. So kudos for those of you who pick it up and stick with it without any other fitness programs under your belt! :flowerforyou:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I just got this video today, I'd love to join the group!!! Count me in :drinker:
  • Vans
    Options
    so far we are looking at a Monday JUNE 1 start....... I havnt gotten any feedback regarding measuring the first Monday (June 1) then Monday June 15th, and then on our last day.....and then maybe our weight and any concerns/motivation every Monday???:smile:

:bigsmile: :drinker: Have a good week end......drink all your WATER :wink: :drinker:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I was planning to bump every time I did it .. but measurements and weight checks on 1, 15, and 30 sounds good too.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    so far we are looking at a Monday JUNE 1 start....... I havnt gotten any feedback regarding measuring the first Monday (June 1) then Monday June 15th, and then on our last day.....and then maybe our weight and any concerns/motivation every Monday???:smile:

:bigsmile: :drinker: Have a good week end......drink all your WATER :wink: :drinker:

I think measuring 1st, 15th and 30th is a good idea! As well as our weigh-ins on every monday!
  • Vans
    Options
    are people going to want me to keep track? Maybe keep this thread going.....or creating a new one on Mondays??

:smile:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    A new thread on Mondays, sure .. seems to be how other groups do it.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Have fun ladies!!! The shred is great!!! When I did it back in Sep 08 I did not do it every day. I like to give my muscles at least 24hrs of rest even if I am lifting lighter weights. Then I thought 20 mins was not enough for me so I started doing two levels at a time. It helped me break my plateau and reach my weight loss goal. Then of course the Holidays came and I gained some from overeating and taking workout breaks...:grumble: :noway: :laugh: I did the shred again a couple of months later and I was really challenging myself doing 3 levels at a time. Sometimes her talking gets old so I would mute the tv and wear my Ipod. It is great!!! I am sure you will get great results from it. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Vans
    Options
    Thank you so much for your feedback alf1163!!:bigsmile:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    OMG my arms are screaming at me something aweful! And my legs haven't felt this way since I first started P90X ... Legs and Back day definitely isn't a good day to give the 30-day-shred a test run, haha!
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    Hey I wanna join I wanna join!! I've been doing the 30 day shred for a month already but I haven't been doing it as much as I should :blushing: so if I join a group then I just have to do it right?? haha I like the idea of having to check in and Starting a new thread every monday will be good other wise we've have to go through all the pages to get where we want lol. Are we going to set goals for our selves or just see what kind of progress we can make??
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Oh sweet, yeah, I'm sure Vans will post a new link on Monday. I don't really have a goal other than doing it 4 to 5 times per week. But feel free to set some if you like.
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I think this sounds great! :smile:
    And a new thread on Monday's sounds great too!

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    i want to join too...I have the dvd. just got it 2 days ago. I am on day 3 of working out to it.
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i want to join too! i got the dvd yesterday and did level 1. yiiikes! my thighs are sore sore sore today. but it was awesome and quick.
  • Vans
    Options
    I am sure we can set goals on the Mondays...however our main goal should be to at least do the shred lol:flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • psychojenn
    psychojenn Posts: 61
    Options
    i would like to join. i would do it for a week, then stop for several weeks lol
    im hoping this will help me stick to it. i'll also be starting a job soon so i may have a harder time trying to fit it in, but i'll do my best :glasses: