Make up before the gym?

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine being so self-conscious that I'd be afraid to go out without make-up on.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'm guilty as charged. You have the right attitude. Look your best where ever you go... you never know who might catch your eye and if they'll return the favor!
    My man thinks I look good without make-up, but I don't go NO WHERE's without it. It's about being my best and not looking like I just rolled out of bed. Rediculous to many, but not to me. I take make-up very seriously. And I know people are always looking at me at the gym. I'm one of the only *****es who dares to lift heavy. If I'mma be the center of attention without even trying, then you damn right, I'mma look good while I do's it. LOL
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Funny but if I choose not to wear makeup, I still brush my hair and wash my face. I don't look like I "just rolled out of bed". Ugh. And "being my best" to me does not involve how much paint I put on my face.
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did make up a couple times and I regretted it lol. I looked very funny afterwards.. Just like I hated dying my hair and going to the gym the next day. I'd sweat black down my face and it's hard to get off! I say do what you want! If you feel great putting the make up on even though you're in a dark room and will sweat it off.. then do it!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I did make up a couple times and I regretted it lol. I looked very funny afterwards.. Just like I hated dying my hair and going to the gym the next day. I'd sweat black down my face and it's hard to get off! I say do what you want! If you feel great putting the make up on even though you're in a dark room and will sweat it off.. then do it!

Thanks for the pointer, I'm overdue to get my hair dyed.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Asking the wrong person;) I never go anywhere without mascara, or some form of lip-stuff. I would skip anything else for a gym workout...wash your face after and then apply the moisturizer and goodies:)
  • gj4man
    gj4man Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Women in full makeup (eyeshadow, lipstick, etc) at the gym look a bit daft IMO.

Of course, if you're a bit more subtle than that then I probably won't notice :smile:
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I donlt, but then I donl;t wear much make up anyway - unless i am going out for the eve. My skin is moderate good, and I am not pale so get away with a bit of mascara.
    Also, I don't give a hoot how I look, I am working out, there's no way I look cute at the end of my work out.
    On the other hand, I was kicking myself yesterday, when I run into the bloke I am supposed to be going onto a second date with at the gym. I think huffing and puffing sweat drenched shirt and jogging pants isn;t my best look.... *chuckles*
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    my make up runs faster than I do when im at the gym :-(
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am about to go the gym for spin, in a dark spin studio, and was putting on make up and thinking about how absurd it was. Not full make up but foundation/powder and blush...I look better but I sweat a ton so it's kind of ridiculous. But I also think there's a lot of cute guys at the gym and I don't want to walk in looking like I just woke up....

Who does this? Admit it if you dare, or feel free to poke fun, I know it's ridiculous :laugh:
    It is the height of absurd.
    And no, I am not laughing, because men have the same type of mating rituals.

Answer for yourself: why are we going to the gym?

Anyway, you take off your make up, and I'll remove my toupee.

Let's go break a real sweat!
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    before I felt comfortable, yep I did that. Now, I don't comb my hair and I know I look scary!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on your skin type and your comfort level. For me, I always wear mascara when I leave the house. That being said, I never ever wear anything on my face to the gym because I break out easily.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    LOL just eyebrow pencil and lip gloss. Only b/c I look like a young boy w/o filling in my eyebrows lol
    Oh and I can never go w/o some type of stud earrings hehe
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I never wore makeup to the gym. Maybe it's because I'm married, but I just think it's silly. I went to the gym to exercise, not to be seen.
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm usually in a hurry when I head to the gym, but if I have time/remember I like to put on a little lipstick and eyeliner/mascara - & I almost always workout on the women's only side of the gym, so it's not for the cute guys... I just feel better/cuter when I do! lol. I never do foundation though (unless I already have it on from earlier in the day and don't think about washing it off) because with all that sweating, it will clog your pores.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I've thought about it! There are some really good looking guys at my gym, too. But I have always opted against it.

I will admit, though, that I've gone in looking like a hot mess and left looking just hot haha. I was going out after the gym the other day and when I left had on skinny jeans, high heels, a nice top, freshly done hair, and my make up done. It was nice to notice a few guys eyes trailing after me as my heels clacked their way out of the locker room and out the door.

But I'm not at the gym to catch a man. I'm there to get my workout on.

And I'd rather a guy not come up and flirt with me while I'm sweaty and gross haha.
  • courtney131
    Options
    I go to the gym with my boyfriend generally and I'm definitely not there to pick up a man. But I generally wear make-up on a daily basis and I don't take it off when I go to the gym. However, if I don't wear any make-up that day then I'm completely comfortable going without it.
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I usually put on foundation and a little powder so I don't look totally weird. :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Heck no, you're just going to sweat it all off.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've never gone to the gym with make-up on unless I go straight from work, plus I'm married, so not looking for any extra attention. When I work out at the gym I will hit the sauna afterwards. It never has made sense to me, kinda like wearing make-up to go swimming. I'm going to get drenched so why bother? Nothing wrong with it, just not my thing.