Make up before the gym?

Options

Replies

• beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I've tried it, but I have a VERY sweaty face and the makeup makes me feel like I'm sweating twice the amount.

I did, however, see a girl once who was wearing full eye makeup, false eyelashes included and I'll be honest, I laughed!
  • KathyReinhart
    KathyReinhart Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do wear makeup. I wear mascara and eyeliner and concealer with a bit of powder. I feel better about myself when I wear it. I can hide dark circles and blemishes and it makes me more confident. I have friends who wear none and some that wear more. It is your choice. Oh but I have never had my makeup cause a break out and would quit it if it did.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't usually wear makeup to the gym (unless I had it on for work/school earlier and just didn't take it off) but occasionally if i have a huge zit I'll put some concealer on:laugh:

Same here
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Lip gloss always! I'm obsessed. :-)

Ladies, take it from a man, this is all you need !!!

Just the mere fact that you are sweating is sexy enough !!! Just my opinion.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I did make up a couple times and I regretted it lol. I looked very funny afterwards.. Just like I hated dying my hair and going to the gym the next day. I'd sweat black down my face and it's hard to get off! I say do what you want! If you feel great putting the make up on even though you're in a dark room and will sweat it off.. then do it!

LOL! I do vampire red manic panic in my hair...and for days after I dye it, I sweat pink! LOL! The permanent black I use has never done that though?!
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup to the gym. You sweat, it runs than you end up looking kinda messy in front of those guys. I don't think guys at the gym are impressed with a girl who would wear makeup to work out. just my opinion.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym in make-up, but purely because i'm always going after work or school and I don't see the point in washing it off my face before working out. I don't wear a lot anyway ( a bit of powder, blusher, mascara and eyeliner) and i've never had a problem of what I do wear melting off. Each to their own! I wouldn't think terribly of someone if they choose to wear a full face of make up, we're all there for our own reasons and if yours includes wearing make up to make it more bearable then good for you! At least you're there!
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up when I'm training or going to the gym. I'm there to get my sweat on and that's horrible for your skin with the make up on. The guys that appreciate that are the ones that are worth it. The ones that aren't going to look at me because I have no make up on are proabably worth avoiding anyway. Plus all that exertion brings a natural glow to your body. LOL
  • mo_is_here
    Options
    I guess I'm not getting the point of lip gloss? First off I find lip gloss to be gummy to begin with but I couldn't imagine what it must feel/look like on your lips after you've worked out at a heavy pace. Doesn't it get all chunky and gummy on your lips. The thought just makes me wanna hurl.

But to each his or her own.
  • phatdiva26
    Options
    i dont because i know the sweat is going to roll the chemical in my eye and I will freak out! LOL! from a male perspective says he doesnt like it when women come into the gym with makeup on because it appears as if they are there to find a mate and NOT get healthy...BUT WHAT DOES HE KNOW:tongue:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I do it. Not foundation though because it's too heavy and I barely ever wear it, but I'll put on a little concealer and powder, and usually some mascara. I am young and still deal with acne that I'd rather cover up. And no, I don't feel ridiculous. Most people probably wouldn't even notice that I was actually even wearing make up.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Okay- coming from my brother and hubby, they said no makeup! I say no makeup too. You are going there to workout not pickup guys. Plus, if they are not willing to hit on you without makeup they are not worth your time. A man needs to find a girl attractive with and without makeup...Your future hubby will see you without makeup sometime
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I put on lipstick, but that's only because I grew up with a Mom who said, "Put some lipstick on; you look dead!" my entire childhood. Now, I can't be without it or I feel weird.:smile:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    When I was single I wouldn't think of leaving my house without putting makeup on. My friends used to tease me and say that I'd put on lip gloss on just to take the garbage out. So I definitely had makeup on at the gym. And most times now I do too. I'm blonde with blonde eyelashes and eyebrows and super fair skinned....if I'm not wearing makeup people tend to ask me if I'm getting sick or if I'm tired :indifferent: . So as someone else said on here.....when I look better, I feel better!!
  • Destinie589
    Options
    I'll wear makeup unless I am going to a 5am class... Thats a little too early for this ole girl so I dont even care at that point what I look like.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i always wear waterproof mascara, but i dont put makeup on justfor the gym. if i had it on already from work or whatever then ok, but i think i look more of a mess when im done than when i just have none on!
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I usually don't have make up on unless its on from coming after work or school. Do what you need to do to make yourself feel great! I don't usually leave the house without mascara on tho....:)
  • Destinie589
    Options
    I always do! When I look better, I feel better :)

YES! This is true!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, but usually I put on lip gloss or lipstick and mascara before leaving the house. Not always mascara, but usually always lip gloss.