Make up before the gym?

Options

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I realize that after I workout I must shower again, but I still put on powder and the top lashes with mascara... maybe I'm silly :)
  • CaveGal
    CaveGal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I was single I wouldn't think of leaving my house without putting makeup on. My friends used to tease me and say that I'd put on lip gloss on just to take the garbage out. So I definitely had makeup on at the gym. And most times now I do too. I'm blonde with blonde eyelashes and eyebrows and super fair skinned....if I'm not wearing makeup people tend to ask me if I'm getting sick or if I'm tired :indifferent: . So as someone else said on here.....when I look better, I feel better!!

Aw I'm the same.. always wear make up! I look better and it makes me feel better:) Also I go to the gym after work so I already have my make up on but I do apply mascara and eye liner (not foundation as it stays on my towel;-) when I work out at weekend just so I dont look washed up (I'm blonde and very fair too! ) :)
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup when I work out............... but then again Im married and could care less about the cute boys there. :laugh:

Exception being... if I go right after work and have makeup on- I dont specifically "take it off" first. I sweat it off in the first 30 minutes anyway.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup everyday, maybe only on a special occasion, so of course I do not put makeup on before I go to the gym I think it sounds stupid (and makeup running down my face probably wouldn't be too attractive) this might come off wrong but I think I look good enough naturally, so I don't feel the need to wear makeup.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    From a guy's perspective:

Don't put on full make-up before going to the gym. A little mascara or lip gloss is okay.
    I realize you may be trying to look good and put forth what you feel is your best image, but seriously I'd rather see the ladies pounding it out at the gym de-makeup'd giving it there all, than to see them prancing around afraid to mess up their face.

If you are coming from work or its the evening or whatever than that is fine you still have your make-up on. But those at the gym before 8am with make-up, it just doesn't make sense does it?
  • ravenone777
    ravenone777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I"ve seen one woman not only put on make up but also fake lashes to work out. She was in my class and each time we had a water break she was checking herself out in the mirror.

I don't care what I look like when I work out. I had to stop wearing make up a couple of years ago for skin issues and it was difficult for someone who always wore it but now I've accepted it. When I used to wear it I always made sure it was off before I worked out so my pores could breathe.
  • tonialeem
    Options
    I do it, have done it and will probably always do it.....I just feel more confident and awake when I have a little makeup on. it's more of a state of mind and why wouldnt' you want to feel good about yourself before going to get a work out in! the last thing you want is to feel blah I say do what makes you happy, it's not ridiculous at all
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I put make up on to go to the gym for the sole purpose that I know it bugs the crap out of some people
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I had this conversation with my mid 20 yr old nephews who go to the gym all the time together. I work out at home, so I have no personal point to offer. But they asked me WHY they see girls "decked out in makeup" to work out. I said I have no idea, maybe they just like looking their best all the time. Both men felt it draws attention to you in a way where it gives the impression that you are trying to impress people rather than to be there to work hard. But hey, to each their own...and what ever makes you happy, why not... make up or no make up... as long as you are working out good for you!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I put make up on to go to the gym for the sole purpose that I know it bugs the crap out of some people

:drinker: :laugh:
  • ProjectTae
    Options

LOL this seems a little silly to me... not judging you in any way but who would be bothered by you wearing makeup to the gym? I could care less if the woman working out next to me was wearing 6" pumps full makeup the whole nine yards.. It's not going to hinder my work out lol seems more counterproductive.
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    the only make-up I always have on is my eye liner
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am a make up junkie...but NOT at the gym. I work hard at the gym and sweat sweat sweat...I don't think it's good for my skin to have make up on while I'm sweating so much.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

LOL this seems a little silly to me... not judging you in any way but who would be bothered by you wearing makeup to the gym? I could care less if the woman working out next to me was wearing 6" pumps full makeup the whole nine yards.. It's not going to hinder my work out lol seems more counterproductive.

Just look around the message board for the 50 million topics of people complaining about women wearing make up to the gym.obviously it bothers a lot of people.
  • mo_is_here
    Options

Just look around the message board for the 50 million topics of people complaining about women wearing make up to the gym.obviously it bothers a lot of people.

I think it's silly, but it wouldn't annoy the crap outta me. You looking silly is your business.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not wear make up to the gym! I LOVE it all day long otherwise but absolutely cannot stand having gook on my face when I'm sweating. I put my hair up in a messy pony tail and just run on in. I think I look pretty cute being all natural! The only thing I truly care about is that my gym outfit matches and is comfortable. :P But when I'm out and about on a regular day and not lazy I definitely put the whole works on.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

I think it's silly, but it wouldn't annoy the crap outta me. You looking silly is your business.

Well thats the beauty I dont care if people think I look silly because I dont care what people think of me. I also love some of the crap other girls in the gym have tried to talk to me for wearing make up. It bugs them they have told me this,so I find it amusing to bugthem. Especially now that I know it does. It the little things that make life so enjoyable
  • ProjectTae
    Options

They probably have some insecurity issues maybe I just can't see myself being bothered by what other people choose to do so that's why I thought it was a bit silly but to each their own :drinker:
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    I definitely love my makeup but when I used to go to the gym, (now I work out in my own home), I never wore makeup. Mainly because it can be really bad for your skin. Once you are sweating and it mixes with your foundation, powder, etc. it can clog your pores and make you break out.

I would suggest clear mascara and chapstick or lip gloss if you have one that's moisturizing. You'll want to be comfortable and be able to wipe the sweat off your face without worrying if your makeup is all cakey. When it comes down to it, it's about you feeling confident in yourself so if you must wear makeup, go for lighter formulations or even a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation.
  • mo_is_here
    Options

Well thats the beauty I dont care if people think I look silly because I dont care what people think of me. I also love some of the crap other girls in the gym have tried to talk to me for wearing make up. It bugs them they have told me this,so I find it amusing to bugthem. Especially now that I know it does. It the little things that make life so enjoyable

And I'll be honest, I dont care that you dont care. The fact that you say the only reason you do it is to annoy other girls is a little odd though dont you think? But hey as I said before, to each his or her own.