Eggs per week?

Options

Replies

• Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    i looove eggs at the moment, but i was wondering more about the protein if you eat looads of them, i mean, what happens if you eat too much protein?
    The extra protein will get converted to glucose and used for energy.^^^^^^

For OP, I eat 3 whole eggs everyday.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a staple in my diet. I have 2 every single day.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    But Scooby told me to throw the egg yolks out!?!?

::Confused::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Ey1ch2Koc
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Total myth. Eat the entire egg, it doesn't raise your cholesterol. I eat at least 2 whole eggs a day and my total cholesterol is 123.
  • CAWStar
    CAWStar Posts: 23
    Options
    I eat two eggs everyday. The cholesterol in eggs shouldn't really effect your LDL. They do boost your HDL a bit, the good cholesterol. The egg is the most perfect food item in the world!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    But Scooby told me to throw the egg yolks out!?!?

::Confused::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Ey1ch2Koc

I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but Scooby has actually become reformed when it comes to his views on dietary fat.
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    The freak out over eggs is really unnecessary. People think there is only one type of cholesterol, and that it's ALL bad. It reminds me of a group of students at a university who did a study trying to prove that it was technically healthier to eat a Double Down from KFC than have eggs, cholesterol-wise.

/rolls eyes
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    The freak out over eggs is really unnecessary. People think there is only one type of cholesterol, and that it's ALL bad. It reminds me of a group of students at a university who did a study trying to prove that it was technically healthier to eat a Double Down from KFC than have eggs, cholesterol-wise.

/rolls eyes

I'd love this if it were true.
  • Tjarvi
    Tjarvi Posts: 53
    Options
    Do you believe everything you read?

If so, I am omnipotent, you are madly in love with me, and forever will do whatever I fathom.

Damn...

I guess we should go out for drinks now.

Too funny=))
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Before we relocated I usually had 15-20 eggs per week. However I raised my own chickens and had fresh eggs every day. Now I nay have 6 per week, as I don't find the store bought eggs all that flavorful.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Love it! Have fun with eggs! LOL!
    Yaaaaaay! I'm so happy. IS there a limit to how many eggs I should be eating, though?

I rarely eat more than six at a time. Mostly because I need room on my plate for the Bacon.

lol. awesome.

and thanks for this. i'm going to make like, 8 hard boiled eggs tomorrow for the week. great on the go snack.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    This is one of the first lessons I learned here.
    Eggs = good!
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    LOL...love your reply koosdel :)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    It goes back to the low fat diet craze. It's total crap. We eat e eggs a day every day some weeks and DH was able to get OFF his cholesterol mess through exercise while eating 21 eggs a week!
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat about 40 egg whites and about 8 whole eggs a week. What can I say.... they're filling and taste good.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-10 eggs per week (organic, free range) and my bad cholesterol is below the detection limits of the test. That is kind of freakish, I think it is genetic because my family trends the same way.

My husband's cholesterol was quite high but has decreased tremendously since we started living together. Last month, his doctor was saying that he's never seen anyone's cholesterol levels improve so much simply by modifying their diet.

The biggest change? Significant reductions in the amount of processed and fast foods he consumes. This used to be a huge portion of his diet (90% easily) and is now less than 5%. Seems like a strange thing since all of these places advertise no cholesterol, no lard, only canola oil, etc.

He still eats tons of cheese (although I discourage that) and several eggs each week when I prepare them. I use real butter when it counts (toast, popcorn, certain sauteed veggies). Other than that, I stick to grapeseed oil and olive oil. Nuts and avocados are also frequent parts of our diet.

So, honestly, I don't think eggs are a big deal unless you see some evidence that they are causing cholesterol problems for you. Also, be sure to incorporate healthy fats into your diet. The ratio of good to bad cholesterol is a big thing doctors look at.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3-4 whole eggs per day, and extra whites (I like eggs, but like to get cals from other places). We buy 100+ eggs at a time... my husband keeps saying he should get his cholesterol checked (he eats more yolks than I do), but so far so good :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaaay! I'm so happy. IS there a limit to how many eggs I should be eating, though?

I rarely eat more than six at a time. Mostly because I need room on my plate for the Bacon.

lol. awesome.

and thanks for this. i'm going to make like, 8 hard boiled eggs tomorrow for the week. great on the go snack.

Just don't eat them on the bus. They smell.
  • tammyc00per
    tammyc00per Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Eggs are amazing!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

:drinker: lol, hard boiled eggs and bacon are perfection