What was you and your husband/wifes first dace song when you

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    umm, I don't DO center of attention like that. We didn't have dancing with a bunch of people staring at us. We eloped. Sort of...it was all planned and people knew about it. They just weren't invited.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    No dancing for us....
  • grimmaster1983
    Options
    we got married when my wife was heavily pregnant with our son, infact he was born a couple of days after, and with the wife suffering pre-eclampsia we never got a first dance etc, but we got married to pachelbel's canon in d major, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlprozGcs80&feature=related

and we still slow dance to that when we can now :)
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    When You Love Someone - Bryan Adams
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My wedding was almost 10 years ago !!
    Etta James
    At Last

At Last was our first dance song too. That song still makes me swoon.
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    holy sugars i love that DMC song
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You Mean More to Me by Lionel Richie

married 22 years
  • rachel_d_b
    Options
    I'm Yours, Jason Mraz
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Our first dance was supposed to be to Marrillion's 'Lavender'.
    The DJ decided that he wasn't keen on the song and played Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You', which we both hate!
    I was in tears on the dance floor, I was so upset. Everyone was saying how sweet it was that *that* was our song.
    I have never forgiven that DJ.

Misplaced Childhood is a fantastic album!
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When You Say Nothing At All - Alison Krauss version.

This was almost our first dance song. It is so beautiful. Choosing a song to stay with you forever it hard! So many good ones on here.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    "Our" song is Everything by Michael Buble. Very much described our lives and relationship.

ETA: My husband proposed to me with "Let's Get Married" by Run DMC. We like diversity. :laugh:

ha ha ha that is awesome. That sounds like something my husband would do .
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    We walked into Another One Bites the Dust by Queen, but our official first dance as husband and wife was Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Could I have this dance by Anne Murray
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF8QykqGRq4

But I wanted Patches - Clarence Carter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2qWcSjM-gA
  • BeckyV73
    BeckyV73 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    "All I Want is You" by U2.
  • wilkin_rebecca
    wilkin_rebecca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    our wedding was November 2004, my middle daughter had told us we had to dance to Amazed by Lonestar it was her favorite song and the very first song we ever danced to together so it was fitting. My husband had a song he wanted as our first dance Michael Peterson-From Here to Eternity but changed it for my daughter, instead i walked down the aisle to his song.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, I don't like talking about my wedding. But the song my brother and his new wife danced to was It Is You I Have Loved, by Dana Glover. They had my daughter sing it for them. It was truly a beautiful sight to see. :)
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    For my first marriage, we danced to "Beautiful In My Eyes" by Joshua Kadison. I had originally wanted Marc Cohn's "True Companion" but a couple we knew that had just gotten married used it so I decided to change.
    Here's a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRKqxSZeq4s
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm very surprised that I'm the first one on here with this song. Ours was In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel. Love the song and the move Say Anything!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    When I Said I Do by Clint Black
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    We had a small intimate wedding, no dancing. But our wedding song is pretty much the one that I walked up the "aisle" (aka my parent's living room) to: Love and some verses by Iron & Wine.