Moms and bathing suits???

Options

Replies

• prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Noooooooo, you are not too old for a bikini..............I say wear it and show the youngins how its done..........#TeamFitandFabMoms
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    If you got it flaunt it!
  • cupcakemama
    Options
    Im 27, 3 kids, and WILL be wearing a bikini this year!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    After I reached my goal weight this past summer, my daughter (30) and my husband had a rather hilarious argument about whether or not I (50) should wear a bikini to the beach. After letting them argue for a while, I told them I had no intention of wearing a bikini around my grandsons.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    Personally, I plan on wearing a two-piece this summer, albeit a modest one. So I vote, rock it Mama!!
    I'm not a prude by any stretch, but I have daughters too (8, 6 and 14 months) and we make them wear modest-ish swimwear. I work in the field of domestic violence, so my husband and I are very concious of the hypersexualization of young girls. So I don't want a double-standard. But that's just our family's position.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    You're never to old for anything :]

I think this sums it up well!! :drinker:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Rock it!!

I am saddened at the lack of photographic encouragement though, ladies. :frown:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I am a mom, DON'T have the body for a two peice and have NEVER worn one before. Last year, I found one that I felt okay in..... I wore it pretty much every weekend to the pool or beach. I wasnt there to impress anyone. I liked the tan lines and the fact that I felt good in it! And If I feel like I look good in it at 70 years old, you best believe that those saggy breasteses will be in a bikini!!!
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I guess I am old fashioned plus trying to teach my children modesty. Yes, it is wonderful that you have a great body and yes you should show it off- but this is my view only so don't get offended, but I think your husband should be the only guy seeing you like that. As I tell my children "remember the "other" guys are looking too". I believe we as women are more beautiful with clothes on and a nice tankini or a one piece would really show off your beauty and the shape of your body and your strength. That is my two cents worth,.
    [/quote

I agree with that philosophy. Girls/women should realize that they bring a lot more value than just their bodies.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I'm almost 34 mother of two and I can't stand wearing anything but a bikini. That was one of my biggest motivators is that I HATED wearing a tank kini or 1 piece. My granny always had a rockin bod and she wore a bikini until she was in her 50s almost 60s. I hope I'm still wearing one when I'm in my 60s. You worked for it so enjoy it!! :)
  • knalexander
    Options
    I totally agree. While I think there is no age at which woman should necessarily stop wearing a bikini, I believe a flattering modest suit is appropriate at all ages. Just my opinion.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Almost 46 and wear bikinis. And I look a helluva lot better in them now than I did in my 20's.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I think it's according to personal conviction.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Hell........ If I looked good enough to pull it off and not get arrested, I would wear two band-aids and a cork! You would see more cotton in a bottle of ibuprofen. Don't worry, I dont think I will ever pull THAT kind of body off, but if I did, moms would be slapping husbands and averting the eyes of children everywhere!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Wear it.

My husband prefers that I cover up more in public and I just laugh at that... if I'm going to the beach, I'm wearing a bikini. Period. Wear what makes you happy, and what you're ok with promoting in front of your children. I doubt I'll be wearing a string up my butt in front of children... but a bikini seems rather "standard" attire for the beach, in my opinion.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Did you see the pictures of Helen Mirren in her bikini?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/16/article-1035510-01F6B66400000578-643_468x815.jpg

She can do it at age 60 and some change, and you can too!
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You worked hard for the body you have now. SHOW IT OFF! Wear what you want!!
    :D
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hell........ If I looked good enough to pull it off and not get arrested, I would wear two band-aids and a cork! You would see more cotton in a bottle of ibuprofen. Don't worry, I dont think I will ever pull THAT kind of body off, but if I did, moms would be slapping husbands and averting the eyes of children everywhere!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 2 band-aids and a cork! Thats some funny *kitten* right there!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Never too old!!! Go for it- stay young- you earned the right!!
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    Why should being a mom define what kind of clothes you are allowed to wear? There is not a store that only mom's can shop in. If you love that bikini and you feel comfortable, where whatever you want to!! My mom still rocks her bikini....even when she takes MY daughter to the beach :)