Morning Coffee suggestions

Options

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee with 2% milk. I use about half milk and half coffee. I don't use sugar or any sweeteners.

It was bitter at first, but if you go with 2% rather than skim, it is much tastier. I got used to the slightly bitter taste, and now I love it.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I cannot give up my coffee, have not been able to tolerate Splenda over my sugar. Cannot drink it black. I did switch from fat free french vanilla creamer to sugar free cuts a few calories.

Decided that I would rather try to cut elsewhere & enjoy my morning cup of sanity.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If it's just one cup it's not too big of a deal to have a bit of sugar and milk/cream.

Something to try is adding some cinnamon to the grounds before you brew it. :) Makes it tastes slightly cinnamony and very yummy. Or adding some vanilla extract. Or how about adding a touch of vanilla extract with some cream or milk?
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I make my own creamer with sweetened condensed milk, real vanilla, and milk. Doesn't save on calories or sugar, in fact it's exactly the same as International Delight French Vanilla, but at least there isn't hydrogenated oils or artificial flavors in it :)

I limit myself to 2T a day, 1 for each cup of coffee I have :)
  • punkin79314
    Options
    I can't stand it black either! I have stopped using the Almond joy creamer and switched tot he coffee mate natural bliss. Plus I have also cut back on how much I use, but that is the one thing I won't give up!
  • cassandrap11
    Options
    I put a shot of sugar free vanilla in my coffee... if i want something a bit on the sweeter side either sugar free hazelnut or caramel works just as well!
  • kegbailey
    Options
    Thanks for all these GREAT suggestions! Tomorrow morning just may be my next best cup of coffee.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I make my own creamer with sweetened condensed milk, real vanilla, and milk. Doesn't save on calories or sugar, in fact it's exactly the same as International Delight French Vanilla, but at least there isn't hydrogenated oils or artificial flavors in it :)

I would love to make this! do you have a recipe?
  • Horseyrider
    Options
    I love coffee. I drink an organic Sumatra for my morning cup with a tablespoon of raw cream, straight from the cow. It's what heaven must taste like.
  • cissam
    cissam Posts: 4
    Options
    I use sugar free kroger brand powdered creamora..I incorporate the calories into my daily calorie count..No need to give up coffee, just include it in your calorie count
  • BrandiParsonRNC
    BrandiParsonRNC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a coffee problem too! Infact if I'm about out of calories and still need to eat, I choose coffee with creamer instead of food :( But I do sometimes use the sugar free torani syrup with skim milk and if you microwave, it bubbles and then its kinda like a latte! I work nights so I just drink way to much! Good luck and good post, gave me some ideas to try to!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

http://www.simplyfrugal.ca/2010/09/how-to-make-homemade-flavoured-coffee-cream/

I found it through pinterest, my other addicting site I visit daily :)
  • abg21
    abg21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use Silk Almond Milk. The Vanilla is 45 calories for 1/2 a cup of milk and the Dark Chocolate is 60 calories for 1/2 of milk. This can both milk and sugar since the almond milk is already sweetened.

The Dark Chocolate is so good. It's like having a mocha every morning.

It also has a long shelf-life (compared to regular milk) and gives me about 1/5 of my recommended daily calcium.
  • dlperry65
    Options
    Will have to try some of the great ideas!
  • rzavesky
    rzavesky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love dunkin donut hazelnut coffee only 30 cal for a meduim cup...i use splenda and fat free milk. =)
  • cnovo
    cnovo Posts: 2
    Options
    Using real milk or half and half with a little Stevia is good. You can order flavored stevia online too
  • coreymusonda
    coreymusonda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate so I add a 25 calorie swiss miss packet and some stevia/splenda to my coffee.
  • akjstyles
    akjstyles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1 teaspoon of sugar is 15 calories, put it in if you love sugar in your coffee. :) I went from drinking a double double (2 cream and 2 sugar) down to just double cream now. I used flavored cream to breach the sugar gap when I cut all the sugar out then slowly worked it down to regular cream. I have no issues with my cream calories, I sometimes even use the flavored cream. I can't handle black coffee. Remember this is a lifestyle change, not a diet so don't eliminate everything that you love.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options

http://www.simplyfrugal.ca/2010/09/how-to-make-homemade-flavoured-coffee-cream/

I found it through pinterest, my other addicting site I visit daily :)

Thank you so much! I can't wait to make it.
  • kegbailey
    kegbailey Posts: 15
    Options
    A while back I asked for coffee suggestions. Well, I thought I would report what I have now that I've been really WATCHING MY SUGAR intake. I have 2 Tbsp of half and half along with 1-2 packets of Truvia in my hazelnut flavored coffee. Delicious!

I was just looking back on my food diary and I would have up to 21 g of sugar (Flavored creamer +table sugar) in my morning coffee. YIKES!