How to take off the last 10lb according to Jillian Michaels

Options

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I have to say. I've been doing everything she listed for a few weeks and my last 10 pounds still aren't budging. I'm sticking with it. No giving up for this lady.
  • solsol321
    solsol321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I can certainly attest to this!! I am within the normal weight range for my height and age (maybe on the higher end), but I'm flabby and out of shape. My BMI was 1 point over normal, but according to my doctor, my actual weight is fine. So, even though I'm tracking food and calories ont MFP, I'm trying not to concentrate so much on the scale - just to make sure I'm not going up too far. When I do lose weight, it's only about 1/2 week, I've maintained my current weight for a while now. Previously, Several years ago I had lost 30 pounds (my lowest was 12 lbs less than I am now), but even the people at Weight Watchers thought it was a number that would be hard to maintain. Now that I'm older (mid-40s), I'm just shooting to be healthy and energetic and develop healthy lifestyle habits.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing..
  • enusker
    enusker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Boolahboo
    Boolahboo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HelloKittyRx
    Options
    awesome! I might have to try this when I get there : )
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Why do they always have to throw that 'abstain from alcohol' thing? That's just no fun at all!

agree!
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    Good to know. far from it but still will be helpfull once I am :)
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with the last 10 pounds!!! will keep this in mind :)
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    1000 mg of sodium a day?! The rest maybe, but whoa! That would be my killer for sure. :) Great post! Thanks!

Isn't it amazing how much sodium what we eat contains? It is a real eye opener when I log something and see the sodium numbers, but since water drinking is one of my hardest things to do, I should definitely lower my sodium intake!
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Makes sense
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I'm far from the last 10lb but I thought some of you may be interested :)

You know what I like to call those last 10 or 15 pounds that won't come off no matter what you do? Vanity pounds.

The term describes our desire to lose weight that, as far as our bodies are concerned, actually feels healthy. Today's society pressures us to want to look a certain way, so for aesthetic reasons we try to be thinner than our bodies want us to be. Personally, I have gained and lost the same 8 vanity pounds more times than I care to admit.

Losing your first 50 pounds might have been tough, but believe me, dropping those final few stubborn pounds is a whole different challenge. The body struggles to hold on to that last bit of fat for survival purposes.

Now, don't get me wrong — you can lose the weight if you want to, but it will require you to muster a tremendous amount of restraint and willpower. If you're really up for it, do the following for 30 days:

1.Cut your sodium to 1,000 mg a day.
    2.Drink at least 80 ounces of water daily.
    3.Cut out processed foods.
    4.Abstain from alcohol.
    5.Train at 85 percent of your MHR (maximum heart rate) for 1 hour 5 times a week.
    You can do a lot in 30 days — in fact, I can pretty much guarantee you will lose at least 5 pounds. And you'll feel like a rock star!

I don't know what to say except Bull S*!t. I cannot believe half the stuff she peddals around.
    All you need is a smaller caloric deficit (0.5lb/week weight loss goal or less, and time)
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing. I'm going to try it out.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Cut sodium to 1000 mg?

Uh, WTF? Sodium is a critical portion of our diet that's especially important to consume if you sweat on a frequent basis (i.e. through working out). Eating too little will eff up your electrolyte balance.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I'm far from the last 10lb but I thought some of you may be interested :)

You know what I like to call those last 10 or 15 pounds that won't come off no matter what you do? Vanity pounds.

The term describes our desire to lose weight that, as far as our bodies are concerned, actually feels healthy. Today's society pressures us to want to look a certain way, so for aesthetic reasons we try to be thinner than our bodies want us to be. Personally, I have gained and lost the same 8 vanity pounds more times than I care to admit.

Losing your first 50 pounds might have been tough, but believe me, dropping those final few stubborn pounds is a whole different challenge. The body struggles to hold on to that last bit of fat for survival purposes.

Now, don't get me wrong — you can lose the weight if you want to, but it will require you to muster a tremendous amount of restraint and willpower. If you're really up for it, do the following for 30 days:

1.Cut your sodium to 1,000 mg a day.
    2.Drink at least 80 ounces of water daily.
    3.Cut out processed foods.
    4.Abstain from alcohol.
    5.Train at 85 percent of your MHR (maximum heart rate) for 1 hour 5 times a week.
    You can do a lot in 30 days — in fact, I can pretty much guarantee you will lose at least 5 pounds. And you'll feel like a rock star!

I don't know what to say except Bull S*!t. I cannot believe half the stuff she peddals around.
    All you need is a smaller caloric deficit (0.5lb/week weight loss goal or less, and time)

I don't totally agree with JM' statement either. Not everybody (age or physical limitations) can work out to 85% of the maximum heart rate. Heck, her videos are only 20 or 30 minutes long so, does it mean that we have to do the workouts twice in a row or follow up with a run? Pleeeease!

And the 80 ounces of water (10 glasses!!!) may apply to big people, but not to smaller one. You may dilute your electrolytes too much and that is not a good thing either.

Too drastic!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree most of what she's saying is a synopsis of the most popular beliefs......but it still comes down calories.......eat too much and you'll gain weight doing exactly what she prescribes.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    well crap...I already do all this! I have these last 14-17lbs that love my body :/
  • watsonlc
    Options
    bump