HELP ... what alcohol to drink when dieting ?

Options

Replies

• celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Try wine spritzers - 2 oz red wine with sparkling water and a wedge of lime.
  • Leesseebee
    Options
    mojitos, wine
  • Erin51
    Erin51 Posts: 35
    Options
    i go out alot and i would rather find a healthy alternative rather than give it up helpppp?
    A glass of red wine a few nights per week is all I bib.

If you're one of those heavy drinker types who can't live without a semi-weekly buzz, oh well.
    Your ability to reach goals will be inhibited, because it's a lot of wasted calories that can only come from one source: nutritious foods your body needs.

Now might be a good time to re-evaluate your drinking habits.

I raise my glass of water to him! He is right on target. Get your buzz from exercise endorphins and a good laugh watching your friends get drunk. Be the DD! :smile:
  • Cryztal
    Options
    Vodka and water with a slice of lemon or lime... Also helps keep the hangover away becuase your not drinking all that sugar in pop :drinker:
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    alcohol is not healthy :cry:
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    red and white wine

hard liquor with diet soda (rum and diet coke, vodka and diet sprite, etc)

gin and tonic

light beers

mojito with no syrup (add a packet of splenda instead)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Oh, settle down some responders.

I actually need to cut back on my drinking, as it does interfere with me personally. That being said, your best choice at a standard bar is a vodka (or other hard alcohol) soda with lime. You can easily do diet coke and rum, and a lot of bars these days are offering "light" cocktails. Do be careful with those light options, though, since they are still upwards of 100 cals.

GL!
  • dmainas
    Options
    Hands down, the skinniest drink is a vodka and club soda with a squeeze of lime or lemon.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I just starve myself all day long so I can drink all I want at night.
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda Lime/lemon
    Vodka water lime/lemon
    Vodka Diet
    Vodka Martini Dirty

I love vodka.

HaHa - me too!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Whiskey, nothing added (no ice, no water, no mixers) :smokin:
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm trying hard to cut back and only have a few drinks on the weekend. Trying to do Decaf tea at night.

I like Skinny Girl Marguerita, but it is a little tart for me. I throw in a Truvia and shake it up over ice. I think the ice dilutes it a bit. If I had a good week,I'll do wine.

Rum and Diet Coke is a favorite too. Everyone says Vodka is good, but I get an immediate headache and can't drink it.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Studies have shown that a little alcohol is good for the b ody. I've heard that women should stick to 2 drinks a week because breast cancer can be fueled with more than that.

Drink what you like, but something that won't make you binge. Like, if dacquiries make you crave nachos, stick to rum and coke, kwim ? Or put something in your calicum OJ, like rum.

Binge drinking is not up to the person drinking it nor is it up to the drink at hand. It is a chemical malfunction in the brain that does not produce the chemical that tells normal people they have had enough. Binge drinking is not a choice, like diabetes is not a choice. It boils down to the chemical process in the body and most of us are born that way.
  • kittyninja
    Options
    In the not-so-common event of me drinking, I'll drink a few light beers or take some shots of vodka chased with sugarfree redbull (I'm obviously a lightweight). I always leave room in my calorie budget if I know I'll be drinking later. If I go over my budget I always work off the extra the next day, which also helps with the hangover.
    You can only be so healthy when you're partying...
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Whiskey, nothing added (no ice, no water, no mixers) :smokin:

^^This!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    As far as drinking goes, ethyl alcohol would be my preference.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i go out alot and i would rather find a healthy alternative rather than give it up helpppp?

If you're one of those heavy drinker types who can't live without a semi-weekly buzz, oh well.
    Your ability to reach goals will be inhibited, because it's a lot of wasted calories that can only come from one source: nutritious foods your body needs.

Not everyone is in the same place as you are :wink:

Give the gal a little slack...............................
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is calories, but since vodka and gin are pure alcohol, it's the most blitz for your caloric buck short of just drinking selzer while huffing glue.
  • antipanic
    Options
    Drink what you enjoy and make it fit in to your calories. May mean you have to cut back on your drinking .... may mean you start working out even harder.

^^^ This

Denying yourself somthing completely seems extreme. I can eat a cupcake every once in a while and still lose weight. I can skip the gym when I feel like it and still become fit, and <drumroll> I can have a tasty beverage once in a while and still ... not be an alcoholic!

Oh, and when I choose to drink, I drink Parrot Bay Rum and Diet Coke. Not because it is low in calories, but because it is tasty.

Cheers!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

Not everyone is in the same place as you are :wink:

Give the gal a little slack...............................

So, do you think a little heroine for an addict would be okay? Ya know, giving them a little slack?

If alcohol is a problem, listen folks, it is a problem. If you can not give it up, then IT IS A PROBLEM!