HELP ... what alcohol to drink when dieting ?

Options

Replies

• ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    There aren't any healthy alternatives to empty calories.

Agree there....Don't need alcohol to have a good time ;)
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    vodka and sprite zero
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Whiskey, nothing added (no ice, no water, no mixers) :smokin:

Oh, heck yes. :)

Most liquor is fairly low calorie (although only an ounce at a time!) I like scotch with a twist of lime. Or bourbon.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...original poster asks what drink she can enjoy when going out and gets painted as an alcoholic.

That is what I am saying. People are nuts.
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    vodka. soda. lime. done. (just thinking about it makes me smile)
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just figure it in to your calories! You know what the right amount for you is, and just make sure that you are incorporating it into your lifestyle in a healthy and manageable way :D. I love beer and I just make sure that I work out extra hard and eat healthy as a general rule. Don't let negative comments get you down, there seems to be a bit of demonizing about alcohol in this thread but it is your decision in the end and you will make the right choice for you. Cheers!
  • emmaflynn21
    Options
    wow thanks everybody some really good tips ....

i think i may have to give alcohol a miss for a while (but not cos i have a problem) i drink cos i enjoy it .... i dont wanna give it up because i enjoy a drink whilst socializing.

if i do cut down i will probs just do the vodka and diet mixer thing

thanks everybody
  • RooChilders
    RooChilders Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i go out alot and i would rather find a healthy alternative rather than give it up helpppp?
    A glass of red wine a few nights per week is all I bib.

If you're one of those heavy drinker types who can't live without a semi-weekly buzz, oh well.
    Your ability to reach goals will be inhibited, because it's a lot of wasted calories that can only come from one source: nutritious foods your body needs.

Now might be a good time to re-evaluate your drinking habits.

That's strange I lost 26 lbs last year and drank my Coors light. Don't reply to the post if your only intention is to be rude.
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Vodka with any diet soda (I take diet 7UP coz that's not very sweet either) or u can chose a fresh lemon juice with soda)
    I feel its not the alcohol that makes us fat but the stuff we eat when we are drinking alcohol. So keep an eye on that too.
  • diane423
    Options
    I love Skinnytinis!! if not that then ill do a lite beer..
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Pepsi Max or Diet Coke, a couple at the weekend with neither hurt you or mean you are an alcoholic lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    alcohol is not healthy :cry:

Correction. Too much alcohol is not healthy.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I believe the correct answer is 'none' - this seems to be the general census on the matter from Nutritionists. I however am not pleased with this answer, so I continue to drink. lol. Vodka water and a splash of cran seems to be the minimalists drink calorically speaking. I drink red wine too... about 110 cal per glass. cheers
  • Destinie589
    Options
    i go out alot and i would rather find a healthy alternative rather than give it up helpppp?
    A glass of red wine a few nights per week is all I bib.

If you're one of those heavy drinker types who can't live without a semi-weekly buzz, oh well.
    Your ability to reach goals will be inhibited, because it's a lot of wasted calories that can only come from one source: nutritious foods your body needs.

Now might be a good time to re-evaluate your drinking habits.

That's strange I lost 26 lbs last year and drank my Coors light. Don't reply to the post if your only intention is to be rude.

AGREED! I lost 45 pounds while keeping light beer on the menu... still havent given it up and guess what... I'm still losing weight! Enjoy life and don't let the haters get to you. Some can be seriously up tight. Especially on this site. All this dieting making people moody!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I am so going to happy hour today. Love this topic :)
  • RooChilders
    RooChilders Posts: 44 Member
    Options

So, do you think a little heroine for an addict would be okay? Ya know, giving them a little slack?

If alcohol is a problem, listen folks, it is a problem. If you can not give it up, then IT IS A PROBLEM!

The only problem I have with alcohol is that it's too expensive.

WOW!!! If an adult chooses to indulge in some fun and makes the choice to put alcohol with it that's there choice. We are all on here for the same reason. If you do not like the questions people ask then don't reply.
  • Ambamm77
    Options
    Hahaha...original poster asks what drink she can enjoy when going out and gets painted as an alcoholic.

it'll teach her to ask questions. sheesh!
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I heard the same thing about the Skinny Girl Margaritas. Fewer calories but still empty calories. Alcohol turns into sugar then fat really easily.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If alcohol is a problem, listen folks, it is a problem. If you can not give it up, then IT IS A PROBLEM!

The OP did not say that she had an alcohol problem or that she could not give alcohol up. She said she didn't want to give it up. Very big difference.