HELP ... what alcohol to drink when dieting ?

Options

Replies

• JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    i say drink it all in moderation! :drinker:
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bud Select 55 is my drink of choice. :drinker:
  • krambow
    krambow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow, some judgy types on here. I like to have a glass of red wine.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...original poster asks what drink she can enjoy when going out and gets painted as an alcoholic.

it'll teach her to ask questions. sheesh!

Actually this thread has been AMAZING!!! So far I have had several people message me and a few people that are currently new to recovery that were slobbering over this post at the thought of having some alcohol. My comments snapped them back to reality.

So thanks for this.
  • PamelaHenD
    PamelaHenD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't drink. If I do it is 2x a year so I don't worry. Don't drink no worrying about calories...
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    "HELP ... what alcohol to drink when dieting ? "

All of it...lol
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I dont drink alcohol unless on vacation. Too many empty calories and I need all the nutrition based calories I can get.
  • Flames99
    Options
    I do club soda with lemon or lime slice and then a shot of vodka
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka. 2 ounces is 140 calories. I usually burn around 1100-1300 calories per day on workouts. I work out so I can have a few drinks and eat what I want.
  • Ambamm77
    Options
    [/quote]

Actually this thread has been AMAZING!!! So far I have had several people message me and a few people that are currently new to recovery that were slobbering over this post at the thought of having some alcohol. My comments snapped them back to reality.

So thanks for this.
    [/quote]

Not saying you aren't helping some people but I dont think it's fair for you to automatically jump to a person has a drinking problem. I enjoy a drink occassionally and was wondering the same thing. If reading a post makes some start slobbering then they do have a problem and do need help. If they are just asking a question that does not equate to they have a problem.
  • Ambamm77
    Options
    oops I deleted to much of the "quote" and lost the separation.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

So, do you think a little heroine for an addict would be okay? Ya know, giving them a little slack?

If alcohol is a problem, listen folks, it is a problem. If you can not give it up, then IT IS A PROBLEM!

The only problem I have with alcohol is that it's too expensive.

:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • untilthesun
    untilthesun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Gnt
  • bsteffneyjr
    bsteffneyjr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Kettle one vodka and club with 2 lemons best drink ever!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

So thanks for this.
    [/quote]

Not saying you aren't helping some people but I dont think it's fair for you to automatically jump to a person has a drinking problem. I enjoy a drink occassionally and was wondering the same thing. If reading a post makes some start slobbering then they do have a problem and do need help. If they are just asking a question that does not equate to they have a problem.
    [/quote]

Exactly, and I did not accuse her of having a problem, I said if you can not imagine living with out alcohol then it is a problem. If you go all day and are depressed because you can not have alcohol it is a problem. I did not accuse anyone of having a problem.

See, the thing is, if my answers are upsetting people thats their business, not mine.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options

So, do you think a little heroine for an addict would be okay? Ya know, giving them a little slack?

If alcohol is a problem, listen folks, it is a problem. If you can not give it up, then IT IS A PROBLEM!

YES!! I WOULD give "heroine" to a junky. It would be nice to have a woman of distinguished courage on their side.
  • Natz_20
    Natz_20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    spirits are the lowest in calories such as vodka etc and add diet coke or lemonade or a low cal dash :) xx

Natz

14696887.png
  • Ambamm77
    Options
    "HELP ... what alcohol to drink when dieting ? "

All of it...lol

It's called a liquid diet
  • Ceebee37
    Options
    vodka has 60 cals per nip, add diet coke and lemonade ( zero calories) wine has 120 cals per 150 ml
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation, with that said I enjoy red wine or a vodka martini w/just a smidge of vermouth. Enjoy!!!!