Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    mexican american born & raised in Tx :smile:
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish. Just irish, on both sides, as far back as i can trace :smile:
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My grandparents except for grandma (mom's mom) came from Italy/Sicilly. Grandma was born here but her parents came from Italy/Sicilly as well. so I am pretty much 100% italian/sicillian! :) I am also american since Grandma was born here, and my parents were born here as well, so I have both in my blood...
  • mw1561
    mw1561 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am Cajun French, Polish, Swedish, and Scottish. Fair skin, freckles, and blonde hair from the Swedish and Scottish side I guess. Heavy through the belly and hips from the Polish, maybe? Sassy attitude from the Cajun French! LOL :laugh:
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    Hmm, I am mostly Irish.. yay for fair skin that burns within a few minutes of being in direct sunlight. And I live in AZ go figure. Then there is less then 20% of English, Dutch, Welsh and Cherokee Indian.

I definitely relate more to my Irish heritage though.
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    Born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I will never leave, I love it here.

I'm a mutt, however, I tend to identify more with my Irish background. They are much more fun. I hope to make it out to Ireland sometime in the near future to see some of my relatives.
  • Squir88
    Squir88 Posts: 24
    Options
    I love these people that say that they just came from someplace in the western hemisphere. Unless your native Indian, your family came from Europe, Asia or Africa.

Mother: German & English
    Father: Scottish, English & American Indian (Cherokee).
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    "Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry! Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an Irish lullaby."

Lovely Irish las
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am Native North American... ;) Maliseet to be exact!!
  • Guadalupana
    Options
    I am Argentinean, and I have a mix of Italian blood, Spanish(meaning SPAIN!!!), and for sure some Bolivian indigenous blood. I have lived in different countries and I love so called "ethnic" food, my question to everyone is:
    How do you incorporate or adapt those foods that are part of who you are to your losing weight plan?
  • fatnomo100
    Options
    Born in Guatemala...raised in Canada!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    English, Dutch, Scot-Irish, African American, East German. My kids have all that and Filipino.

I fought a very hard fight in my area to have the box "multi cultural/ethinic" added to my kid's school forms....and I won it!

Viva la difference, as they say!

All Love!
  • dec579
    dec579 Posts: 1
    Options
    Virginia!
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Canadian, but German from both parents sides.
  • Didiandeverytang
    Didiandeverytang Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dad is from Greece, Mom is from Edmonton, and her parents are from England, I was born in Northern Canada.
  • TriciaMaina
    Options
    I'm Samoan and German. Both sides of my family are accustomed to heavy, carb-intense foods - womp womp.
  • babyblueyes
    Options
    When you're Texan, like your dad and me, that is usually explanation enough! LOL :laugh:

But beore Texas... I am Scotch-Irish & French/Acadian.
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've lived all my life in New Zealand. But going back a few generations, my family was originally a mix of English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh.
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    Funny you ask, ive been tracing my family tree through Ancestry.com and find i'm predominantly English, (England), on my moms side and Norweigen (Sorry spelling?) on my dads side, funny though my parents always told me i'm a heinz 57 with English, German, and Norweigen and a bunch of other stuff, guess im mainly of Scandinavian desent? I'm a born and bred Washingtonian!
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am a kiwi chick living in New Zealand. I have spanish, scottish alot of irish and english in me :)