Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Replies

• HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    I've heard that from Texans before. Lol. Love it!
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Born and raised in WI. Father-Native American French and Norwegian. Mother-french, Belgian and German (?).
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Great topic.

I have quite a mix going back a few generations.

My parents and I Australian.

Mom's Father origin Canadian (the mounties back 2 more generations) - apart from NZ, our other country-to-visit-before-we-die.

Dad's Mom's ancestry goes back to Germany in the 1800-1900's.

My wife has Welsh ancestry.
  • nardz04
    nardz04 Posts: 17 Member
    Half kiwi, half Dutch:drinker:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Born and raised an Aussie.....

Ancestors from Ireland, Scotland and England and way back a bit of French.....

Rumour is that I have a bit of English Royal blood.....
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    I am mostly Irish American. My father adds some German to my ethnicity. I have strawberry blond hair with freckless and green eyes. My nickname from my husband is "Irish". My husband is 100% Italian. True on tempers...he waves his hands and speaks italian...I get annoyed. He claims I have him beat...lol. in the temper department...I jst don't take his doubletalk!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Half Russian and half Spanish :)
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    I'm African. Completely 100% Mozambican. Both my parents are even from the same village. But I live in Canada now....
  • 1/2 French - 1/2 Italian. If I dig deep I'm sure there is a profound mix of cultures... You can probably sum it up nicely with:
    HUMAN.
  • I'm mostly Maori (New Zealand) with a dash of Scottish.
  • As far as I can trace on all sides (back to the 15th Century) I'm English, Scottish and Irish but born/raised in Australia. And married to a Moroccan lol.
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    100 percent... eastern european.... we are so so bad... lol....
  • BritFitB
    BritFitB Posts: 106 Member
    Mostly all German, Swedish, and Chippewa Indian..
  • I'm currently living in Philippines but I'm 100% Latina by ethnicity. I'm half-Mexican, half-Spanish (or should I say I'm half-Native, half-Spanish).

Oh gosh let me correct this. I just saw my previous post & realized that I failed to include Filipino in my list :embarassed: but I didn't meant it that way, sorry. Seriously my genealogy makes my head spin. This was my previous post but to make it more technical:

DAD: Mexican/Spanish
    MOM: 3/4 Filipina, 1/4 Spanish

PATERNAL GRANDFATHER: Filipino of Mexican Aztec Indian origin
    PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER: Andalusian (from Malaga, Spain)
    MATERNAL GRANDFATHER: 1/2 Spanish, 1/2 Filipino
    MATERNAL GRANDMOTHER: Filipino

So to make this whole story short, I'm a fruit salad :laugh:

However I consider myself 100% Latina because we practice mainly Spanish/Mexican culture & traditions at home, including the language. This despite living in a non Spanish-speaking country.
  • carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    German and Polish from my Dad's side, Irish and Scottish from my Mum's side
  • gazzajam
    gazzajam Posts: 28 Member
    I'm English, Scottish, Norwegian.
  • duharvalgt
    duharvalgt Posts: 319 Member
    I'm from england and jer er fra danmark.
  • I was born from the same crack in the earth that bore many other unsightly beasts, such as Richard Simmons and Grizzly Bears.

Also, I'm Armenian.
  • TomsFZ1
    TomsFZ1 Posts: 12
    Italian here.

Think "The Sopranos" without all the killing... :tongue:
  • Half Cree and half Irish, but I'm considered full native because my mother was full and she didn't put my father on the birth certificate. I would like to embrace my Irish side one day.