Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options

Replies

• nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am ehmmm...undecided
  • Melimoo2012
    Melimoo2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi im new to this forum im from England lived here all my life there is scotish on my dads side and my moms father looked into his history and saw some slovakian or something and didnt delve any further. im mistaken for indian,polish,spanish, turkish and anything else i find i very funny how people cant tell but to me im just english im convinced i was born in the worng country as the cold climate does not agree with me nice to meet you all
  • mathgirl
    mathgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im a Norwegian living in Norway, Norwegian roots as far bAck as anyone could think of, and a tiny bit of Swedish blood.
    Still, I look eastern and people always assume im from iran or somewhere from that region. "norwegian? No way! You mean youve got a norwegian passport? But at least your parents are foreigners? Adopted then? You must have been lied to" some people just dont get that norwegians arent all blue eyed and blonde, in fact, most blonde people here are fake blonde ;)
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My Mom's side is English going back to my great, great....grandfather William Brewster who came over on the Mayflower (you can google him). I'm sure there's lots of other nationalities mixed in over the years. My father's side is French and have been in Canada for many generations but don't know much about his side. I was born and raised in CANADA and my family has obviously been there for a long time.

But I now live in Norway. Married to a Norwegian with 100% Norwegian blood. So my children are half Canadian and half Norwegian. I guess my husband's family loved Canadian so much that both his brother and sister also married Canadians and live in Canada.

I have a fair complexion and blue eyes but dark brown hair. I have 2 blonde children (their Norwegian roots) and one light brown. Interesting topic!
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Heniz 57, probably. Definitely Caucasian...English/Irish American
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO!!!

Thanks for the humor...at least, I THINK it was meant to be humorous. LOL
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Interesting, the world is an interesting place :)

I'm 100% Sicilian, but 2rd-4th generation Canadian on both sides, so I consider myself Canadian. My husband is English/Welsh and a Swiss citizen, and we live in Switzerland now. We met while I was an Au Pair for a family in Zurich during a "gap year". It's so interesting to read of all the other Canadian women who met their husbands abroad- we are an interesting bunch :)
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    I'm a total American mutt but my pedigree contains Irish, French, multiple Native American groups (with all records lost so I don't know which ones but all my grandparents had at the most half), Jewish, British, Sweedish, Norwegian, and a tiny sliver of German. I think I look French and Irish the most though with blue eyes, pale pink undertoned skin, and black hair with what I am told the native American cheeks, jaw and my hair texture/type. Which makes sense because they make up the majority.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Being from a line of original West Virginians, both sides of my family are Native American Indian and Irish (black Irish, you know, black hair, fair skin, blue eyes). So, I am square jawed and have high cheekbones, I am short and muscular, with black hair and blue eyes. One perk, though, is that I can 'wear' my Irish skin in the winter and my Indian skin in the summer. I'm very pale in the winter and very dark in the summer.
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Being from a line of original West Virginians, both sides of my family are Native American Indian and Irish (black Irish, you know, black hair, fair skin, blue eyes). So, I am square jawed and have high cheekbones, I am short and muscular, with black hair and blue eyes. One perk, though, is that I can 'wear' my Irish skin in the winter and my Indian skin in the summer. I'm very pale in the winter and very dark in the summer.

Lucky. All my family are like that except I'm the only one of the black irish looking people in my family with the skin that burns like no other in the sun. Everyone else gets the lovely dark shade of the native mix. I don't even look related to any of them in the summer...
  • 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    All the way from Australia and enjoying the hot weather atm! Heritage goes way back to the first settlers, prior to that most likely Irish, English and who knows, perhaps a dash of Norse. Descended directly from convicts, and as an Aussie, I'm proud of that ;)
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    75% Italian & 25% Argentinian. So basically I'm hot-headed and can make a really mean sauce:wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My maternal grandmother is 100% Italian (northern Italy, thus fair skin and red hair).

My maternal grandfather was Swedish (father) and German (mother).

On my dad's side, Jews from Eastern Europe. I know for sure: Poland, Germany, Russia, Austria and Hungary. This also accounts for the curly, red hair and freckles. :-)

People always assume I'm Irish.
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Both my parents are from Puerto Rico they came to the U.S. in the late 70's. (79) I think.. I was Born in Ponce P.R. myself but was raised mostly in Cleveland Ohio.. Why did my parents come to Ohio?.. I have No idea and neither do they..LOL.. but i love it... (sometimes). :wink:

12625213.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    50/50 Irish (mother's side) and Navajo American (father's side).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Both my parents are from Puerto Rico they came to the U.S. in the late 70's. (79) I think.. I was Born in Ponce P.R. myself but was raised mostly in Cleveland Ohio.. Why did my parents come to Ohio?.. I have No idea and neither do they..LOL.. but i love it... (sometimes). :wink:

My dad's family settled in Cleveland. I don't think I know one person who doesn't have family in Cleveland. I think it's required to live in the US. :-)
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Born in Trinidad, parents are Arabic and Venezuelan :)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    On my dads side, we are mostly native american. My gram is like 1/4 I think. Might be why she's 93 and still going strong lol. On my moms side, we are mostly Irish. There are english, german etc mixed in but those are the 2 main ones.

My husbands side on both sides are french canadian... SO our kids have Irish and french canadian in them.. No wonder they both have tempers LOL
  • aagnew01
    aagnew01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am African American on my father's side, and German on my mother's!
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    100% Boricua -

yup I am a 'walking' mancha de platano