Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options

Replies

• andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hi ;D
    I'm Swedish and also Finnish. Unfortunately I can't speak finnish xD But some day I do.. I hope ;)

I'm not that good at talking nor writing in english, but I hope you guys understand me anyway ;)

Would be nice having some Fitness pals here ;)

Enjoy your day!

If you've typed this yourself then I think that your english is excellent! For anything you get stuck with - google translate, ha!! x
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    I mostly Serbian, a little bit of dutch, and my great grandfather was native american of some sort :) we're still trying to figure out the tribe he came from.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My Mom's side is English going back to my great, great....grandfather William Brewster who came over on the Mayflower (you can google him). I'm sure there's lots of other nationalities mixed in over the years. My father's side is French and have been in Canada for many generations but don't know much about his side. I was born and raised in CANADA and my family has obviously been there for a long time.

But I now live in Norway. Married to a Norwegian with 100% Norwegian blood. So my children are half Canadian and half Norwegian. I guess my husband's family loved Canadian so much that both his brother and sister also married Canadians and live in Canada.

I have a fair complexion and blue eyes but dark brown hair. I have 2 blonde children (their Norwegian roots) and one light brown. Interesting topic!

I think you may be related to the actress Ashley Judd...she did a programme on UK tv not long ago retracing her family roots and I'm sure she was related to him too, lol!! x
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hi ;D
    I'm Swedish and also Finnish. Unfortunately I can't speak finnish xD But some day I do.. I hope ;)

I'm not that good at talking nor writing in english, but I hope you guys understand me anyway ;)

Would be nice having some Fitness pals here ;)

Enjoy your day!

If you've typed this yourself then I think that your english is excellent! For anything you get stuck with - google translate, ha!! x

Agreed. That was better than a lot of native English speakers. At least I know what you're saying! :-)
  • lulabellabeauty
    Options
    I'm Korean from my mother's side and a mix of mostly Irish and English with some native american on my father's side. My maiden name is of Anglo- Saxon origin which was given out to orphans with no last name, and my mother's maiden name is one of the most common Korean last names to have: Kim. My mother's father's side of the family had so much land, they pretty much owned a few villages. She was given some land, but because she was an american citizen, she forfeited her right to it (at the time in the 70's was worth 250,000 US dollars, probably worth one million easily today), not to mention that this was only a tiny fraction of what her father had previously owned, but he had land stolen from him by family members around the time of the Korean War. He still had a ton of land though. My mother's brother-in-law estimates that at one point, my mother's family owned a lot of land that is now Seoul, Korea today. Too bad her father didn't manage his finances better as, he could have been a multimillionaire.!
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    My dads side is all german and my mothers is part french and part irish
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    First and Foremost, I'm CANADIAN! :heart:

But my dad was Italian, and my mom Irish.......my friends joke that it's a bad mix (bad temper) hahaha
  • beezerphd
    beezerphd Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm just plain old Scottish. 100%....well for at least 6 generations or so back.
  • AJ1966
    AJ1966 Posts: 18
    Options
    I was raised by a pack of lesbian wolves. Not really sure about my ethnicity (I am thinking there is ostrich in there somewhere)

LMAO ok I had to tone down the laughter for I am at work...that was too funny!
  • katinka13
    Options
    mostly german, immigrated from russia, a bit mongolian and hungarian. so a pretty good mix :)
  • AJ1966
    AJ1966 Posts: 18
    Options
    Bronxite Nuyorican! = Born and raised in the Bronx, NY to Parents from Puerto Rico. That little island had alot going on ... hence we are a mix of Tanio Indian, European and African descentants.

Same here! Born and raised in Brooklyn, parents from Puerto Rico, Grandfather Spaniard on mom side, grandmother and great grandmother Taino indians. I too am proud being a Nuyorican. I love my culture and try to teach my youngest all I know about it.
  • buriedlies
    Options
    Im Hispanic,

half Cuban
    half Spanish (Spain)

and proud :D
  • BettyyRoss
    BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm dominican.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm an American born Chinese! Born in NYC! :)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    American descended from the French, Germans, Italians, English and with a smattering of Irish, Polish and possibly Iroquois for good measure.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My mother's family was French (Acadian), my father's side was Welsh/Scottish...
    I myself was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
  • frankie964
    frankie964 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was born in Greenock, Inverclyde, Scotland
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My mom's Portuguese, and my dad's Irish and Canadian.
    But, I was born in Etobicoke, Ontario, Can.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm a born and raised Texan. :) Yes, I do have the "southern" accent.

My mother is hispanic and my father's decent I think is German, not entirelly sure though.
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i'm Irish. thats it. very dull. no exotic nationalities thrown in. just Irish