My ex left me because I'm fat. :(

Options
Hey Guys,

I really just need help getting motivated again. My ex recently broke up with me because according to him I'm fat and it's not attractive. The crazy thing is he left me for a pregnant girl :s (the kid is not his, this I know for sure).

Anyhow we were together for six long years and I've always been overweight. I've lost over 70 lbs already and still it didn't help our relationship. At the moment it's hard for me to eat. I just feel sad and sort of depressed. I consider myself a strong person all I need is a little push and advice from others to keep going.

I only need 27 more lbs to reach my goal! I don't want to get behind, but it's too hard right now for me.

My starting weight: 225 lbs
Current weight: 152.4 lbs
Goal weight: 125 lbs

Replies

• smittenmikish
    Options
    Ok. First of all... he left you because he is an @**hole... not because you are fat!!!!

Start getting angry, not sad... Once you get to the angry phase, I swear... you will want to do this to prove him wrong!!!!

I have left the worst marriage imaginable and had him tell me the same thing. Didn't start losing until I realized it wasn't me that was the problem. It was that I had this lifesucking leach on me, keeping me that way.

You can do it... Forget him!
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I started to lose weight and my husband of 15 years left me for a woman larger than I ever was....some guys like the larger girls I guess. Think that you are doing it for YOUR health and YOUR happiness and that is all that matters.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Ok. First of all... he left you because he is an @**hole... not because you are fat!!!!

Start getting angry, not sad... Once you get to the angry phase, I swear... you will want to do this to prove him wrong!!!!

I have left the worst marriage imaginable and had him tell me the same thing. Didn't start losing until I realized it wasn't me that was the problem. It was that I had this lifesucking leach on me, keeping me that way.

You can do it... Forget him!

^^ This.

It hurts. I know. But you have to hold in your mind that you are better off without him, focus on keeping yourself healthy and reaching your goals, and living your life again.
  • luvmakeup4ever
    luvmakeup4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You do not need to be with an emotionally abusive man. 73 lbs lost is excellent! I think you should focus on your health and your weight loss instead of a jerk! Granted, its hard to let go of someone we love, even if they aren't good for us but we somehow get through it. Its the same as food. We love our carbs, calories, and fat but its not good for us so we move on...no matter how hard it is. Sure, we fall off the wagon every now and then but the important part is that we get back on!

Take it one day at a time. Don't lose focus. If you don't want to eat, drink some milk atleast to keep the calories steady. I know how it is to be with a man who verbally insults your weight. My ex used to do the same to me, i stuck around until I finally had enough. I hope you can find some inner strength to grab a bite to eat and take it one day at a time... no one said it will be easy but try to move forward towards whats best for you. he obviously isn't.
    Best of luck
    Michelle
  • Paxnyokes
    Paxnyokes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're better off without him. His loss, your gain (life).
  • greenpollywawg
    Options
    OK, I believe he didn't leave you because you're fat...he left you because he got scared. I see by your ticker that you have made astounding progress, so ask yourself why he would wait til now to leave. He is probably a very insecure "@#$ hole" who needed to put you down in order for himself to look big!! He has managed to transfer all this crap onto your shoulders for about long enough. I know it's hard, but pick yourself up, dust your pretty little (yes, little) self right off, and achieve the rest of your goal! Not for him...but for you because YOU are worth it, and some day some guy (real man) will come along and show you just how precious you really are!!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you've only gotten smaller since you met the ex, so he must be a mental case. You're better off without him. When the time is right, you'll find a good guy, and, looking back, you'll be glad you didn't have to settle for the ex. You're on a great path to looking great and being healthy. May God bless you with a great life!
  • Sweating4Sanity
    Options
    Your ex may have told you that is why he left because it was an easy thing to say, but I do not believe it. The real reason was likely much more complicated and it seems to me he was unwilling or unable to communicate the entire truth. Either way, it does not matter because the whole reason for dating is to find someone whom you want to spend the rest of your life with. Someone who will love you for who you are and who will be your cheerleader and for whom you will do the same. This man is obviously not "the guy" regardless of how much you may still care for him. Try to feel relieved that you are rid of him now before you waste more time. You deserve better!!!

Look how strong you are! Look at what a hard worker you are! Look at what a motivated, persevering person you are! You have changed your life and your health by loosing the weight that you already have and you are almost to your goal!

You will get thru this and when you come out the other side you will be stronger for it, you will be better and best of all you will not be stuck with a fickle man who does not appreciate all the amazing things that you are.

Go have a good, sweat workout! Maybe try one of those classes where you get to kick and punch heavy bags! Beat the poo out of a heavy bag! Sweat, burn calories, clear your mind, fill your body full of good, healthy food and do not let this bump in the road of life get you off course.

Be sure to let me know how you are doing!

Carrie Raia
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    He consider's 152 fat? He's delusional......... time heals all, and you're better off, one day you'll look back and thank him for doing you this favor!!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    How fortunate for you. Not only did you get rid of a horrible man, you get to reassess what you want in life and start making healthy changes for YOU, and not for some A-Hole who would have found some other excuse to leave you even if you were skinny. And it only cost you being overweight - which is something you can fix. On the other hand, he will ALWAYS be a douche bag. No diets for that, unfortunately.

I feel sorry for the new woman and now for the child he will surely affect with his presence.

Thank god you have no connection to him. No kids, no family, etc. This is YOUR chance to start over, and most importantly - be aware of the kind of men you may potentially attract.

Good luck! And welcome to the BEST years of your life now that the worst of them are behind you.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just think ...... you' ve lost a very unattractive 300lbs all up :wink:
    Getting rid of this a-hole will be a positive thing and you WILL be ok.
    Reach your goal & the next time you see him he'll see what he's missing out on.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that but it sounds like you are better off. You have done an amazing job so far and I don't have a doubt that you can reach your goal!
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    some guys like the larger girls I guess.

I do. When I was thin, I wouldn't date a girl unless she was about twice my size. Now, trying to date a girl that's twice my size is hard, but still doable. My current girlfriend weighs 90 lbs more than me.

OP; your ex is a ****; there's more fish in the sea. Love yourself for who you are.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    dude sounds like a ****....you are way better off.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    My wife divorced me because I was fat. It hurts. I'm sorry. Use it as rocketfuel to get to where you need to go, but don't let it consume you.

In the end you'll look back on it and realize that who you are as a person is not as important to him as the social reward system and physicality, and the gods help him if he ever becomes fat himself or finds himself in an accident that disfigures him and he has no looks to go off of.

Best of luck to you.
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you just lost 200 extra pounds (or however much this loser weighs) of added fat.....You do not need someone who makes you feel like you are not good enough. HE is not good enough for YOU. Get angry and lose the weight for YOU!!!! He needs to take a flying leap. You deserve so much better. You have achieved a FABULOUS weight loss! You are my idol!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he was just looking for any excuse to leave you. His loss.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Your ex left you and didn't want to take responsibility for his actions. So he is blaming you and using a tender spot - your weight - to try to hurt you.

You don't want to be with someone who tries to hurt you like that.

It looks like you have made great progress and only have a little more weight to lose...you are not fat!

My sister once told me, when I was going through a horrible break up, that I shouldn't want to be with anyone who doesn't treat me like I'm precious to them.

I thought about that and realized I'd NEVER been with anyone who treated me like I was precious!

Trust me when I say that I made a major upgrade to my standards and I've been in a great relationship for 8 years.

Want more for yourself, my friend!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey. I'm so sorry. Sometimes you just have to give in to the sadness until it passes. And it DOES pass. I've been there!

You're doing great. Your ex is a jerk.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    you just dodged a huge bullet!!
    *shew* =)

you ONLY have 27lbs left!! Good for you!!