My ex left me because I'm fat. :(

Options

Replies

• blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ok. First of all... he left you because he is an @**hole... not because you are fat!!!!

Start getting angry, not sad... Once you get to the angry phase, I swear... you will want to do this to prove him wrong!!!!

I have left the worst marriage imaginable and had him tell me the same thing. Didn't start losing until I realized it wasn't me that was the problem. It was that I had this lifesucking leach on me, keeping me that way.

You can do it... Forget him!

This!!
  • teacher370
    Options
    He lied. Sometimes, they're just not the one! At 152 lbs, you are certainly not FAT in anyon'e book
  • sara1923
    Options
    The beck diet is a great book to read for motivation. The idea of the book is to get you to have the right mindset to lose weight and it actually does not have any specific diet plan. It is unfortunate the circumstances that you are in but the focusing on yourself and your goals usually helps to feel better in the long run. Other than that, I would try to take the opportunity to meet new people and try new things. Maybe a new sport that you have always been interested in or set a goal that involves exercise such as a 5k. Motivation can be tough but you have to find things you like to do so that it wont be such a chore.
  • Meliklotz
    Meliklotz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I was thinking. He is afraid because he can't feel like he's better than her anymore. Serious issues. Count your blessings, a door closed and girl a WINDOW was flung open.......you will find the right one.........he wasn't it. I have been through the EXACT same thing and it hurts like he@@ but you have a decision to make; make sure you chose YOU!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Ok. First of all... he left you because he is an @**hole... not because you are fat!!!!

Start getting angry, not sad... Once you get to the angry phase, I swear... you will want to do this to prove him wrong!!!!

I have left the worst marriage imaginable and had him tell me the same thing. Didn't start losing until I realized it wasn't me that was the problem. It was that I had this lifesucking leach on me, keeping me that way.

^^^^^^^
    AND THIS!
  • JustLena75
    Options
    Sounds to me like you lost an additional 200+ lbs by 'losing' him!
  • PaulS70
    PaulS70 Posts: 70
    Options
    Since I don't know anything about your ex or your former relationship with him I will not comment on it.

I simply want to agree with any above poster that said you should want to be healthy for yourself, not anyone else. That is the best motivation anyone can ever have.

(unless you have children of course... then you should want to be healthy for them too :smile: )
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options

^^^^ THIS!!!!! ^^^^ I love this!!!

You are so much stronger than you are giving yourself credit for. Nobody likes to feel rejected! And I'm sure many of us can relate to how you are feeling blue. But once you realize and accept that you were not in a loving and supportive relationship anymore.. you'll start to allow yourself to smile and be thankful you got out of it virtually unharmed ... and you'll be available for the one who will come to sweep you off your feet. Focu on making YOU the best you can be. HUGS from MFP supporters
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    There was probably some other issue that he had and just said you were fat to hurt you. He is an idiot and you don't need him.
  • sarahstoltman
    Options
    I totally second that! With my ex, when I lost weight hes like your gonna leave me your gonna leave me im like uh no im not... then he pretty much pushed me to leave him after i lost weight lol... its not healthy to be overweight because your significant other has has self esteem issues...
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options

THIS!! You dont need that *kitten* bag, A-hole! You are better then he will ever be!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    he's a loser...good riddance!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options

I wholeheartedly agree!!
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Here's what I say, thanks to Ron White: I may be fat, but ur stupid, and u can't fix stupid.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Just think ...... you' ve lost a very unattractive 300lbs all up :wink:
    Getting rid of this a-hole will be a positive thing and you WILL be ok.
    Reach your goal & the next time you see him he'll see what he's missing out on.

I like this way of looking! I hope that there was some good in the last 6 years with this (not very deep or decerning) man- the memory of that is something to keep. Be sad for a little - if you must- but leave the rest behind. Now it is time to move on to something better. You've earned it. Out there, right now, is someone who will love you fat or thin - young or old - happy or sad. It is lucky that you are now free and ready to meet him. It would be fun to be even slimmer and more proud of yourself when you find him - so take courage and stay on track!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options

WELL SAID....

I was going to say F Him, he didn't leave you because you're fat! He used your insecurity to BLAME you for him being an A**Hole. or just not being in love with you!!!!! F him...girl...you have too much to go on for. There is someone out there that will love you for you Fat, Skinny, whatever....

Seriously, as hard as it is...DECIDE that you're better off this way, and I BET that if you really give it thought...you know deep inside you are!!! We all KNOW the truth...it's acknowledging it thats hard!!!

Move on...chick, use this as an excuse to diet and exercise and in 6 months, accidentally text him a pic of you looking super hot!!! F that!! I hate men like that!! (and yes, totally petty there I know, but F that!! revenge is always sweet)
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I bet it's his kid.....
  • cherylad
    cherylad Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh Doll .. like someone else said, it had nothing to do with your weight! Keep moving forward for yourself and your own health. 73 pounds is INCREDIBLE!!!
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    He's an *kitten*. I've been through this. SOME men, in this position, say things that they know will hurt you. You have done an amazing job!! Do not let the words of some dumb F**Ktard ruin your progress!! I lost 52lbs when my husband left our 16 year marriage because I was pissed off. I got happy and gained 20. I've lost 9 and I've plateaued, but I refuse to give up the fight. I lived by this for a while: "When God takes something from your grasp, He is not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better" Trust me......better is out there. 4 years post-divorce. I've found my better!! Hang tough sweetie, he's not worth your tears.
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    HUN! I think he had other reasons that he was leaving...maybe cuz he had some chick besides u all along?? He is a *kitten* and u can move on! someone will love u no matter what!! Yur weight loss is amazing..and u shud be proud of that..kick that *kitten* to the curb for good and believe me someone will find u and love u no matter what!