Is there anything you absolutely refuse to compromise on?

Options

Replies

• luvmybaby333
    Options
    As far as butter goes... I went my whole life eating Country Crock. The real stuff just tasted gross any time I tried it. Then I started reading up on how bad for you margarine is, and I also started to cook things from scratch that called for real butter. Pretty soon I was an butter addict. I love the stuff! However, now that I realize (since tracking my food on MFP) how many calories a tablespoon of butter has, I try to limit myself to occasions where I just have to have some butter. I put in recipes, and if I decide to eat pancakes or something, then I will use it on there too. But whereas before I would have made my breakfast sandwiches with a hefty smear of butter on each side of the bread or bagel, I now just eat them plain or with mustard, I realized that I'm not missing much taste-wise, but I *am* missing a whole mess of calories.

Of course, butter versus margarine isn't much of a contest anyway. They have about the same amount of calories in a tablespoon's worth. You aren't doing yourself any favors calorie-wise if you swap the fake crap for the yummy stuff. So I can't see why people still insist that it's better for you.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream and sugar.. I have cut back the sugar to 1 tbsp and 1/2 & 1/2 low fat creamer but will not go black or no sugar.

Chocolate too... although again I try to limit the amount that I eat but will never ever remove from my diet. There are some things in life that are sacred! LOL

Yes all of the above. And butter. I don't really prohibit anything but I try to cut back on things.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If I like it, I eat it. It's all about moderation. I do my best to eat as clean as possible but there are times when you just need a slice of pizza :)
  • alie5612
    Options
    i have 2 fig roll biscuits and 2 tuc cheese biscuits every day couldnt live without them strange i know
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    coffee creamer. I usually buy fat free or fat free half and half, but there are some that I just can't refuse the full fat variety. Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha and International Delight's White Chocolate Raspberry! :tongue:
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    2% Milk and real butter. It is the strangest thing... I thought it would be coca cola (which is now just for holidays and my birthday). But in the end, it was the Milk. I do not like the skim.
  • gregthegroove
    Options
    Diet Soda is definitely something Im not giving up. I gave up regular sugared drinks including even juices.

I also will never just giveup all kinds of fast foods or fatty foods or snacks forever. Im just going to learn to be disciplined and know when to have them and how much quantity.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    as far as food... i hate ASPARTAME!!!

It give me a horrible headache and I refuse to eat anything with any sort of fake sweetner. haha
    I'll eat all sorts of junk in moderation :)

and I won't compromise on my morals, of course! haha
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    My profile used to say that I refuse to give up butter, bacon, or wine and I still stand by that! :drinker:
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Nope. :smile:
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I'm with you on the chocolate. I've actually lost my craving for chocolate once I started eating healthy - but if I do indulge in chocolate, it's gotta be the good stuff.

I'm still a cheesaholic - and now if I eat it, I eat the good stuff. I will splurge for the cabot cheddar over kraft, etc... Why waste calories on crappy food?

Maggie your pup is so sweet looking! *******Back to the topic
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Cheese, sorry but I will adjust my diet to make cheese fit in lol.
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Nothing is off limits for me. The key is moderation!!
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    Cheese, sorry but I will adjust my diet to make cheese fit in lol.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I don't truly limit anything. I simply cut back my portions.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    as far as food... i hate ASPARTAME!!!

It give me a horrible headache and I refuse to eat anything with any sort of fake sweetner. haha
    I'll eat all sorts of junk in moderation :)

and I won't compromise on my morals, of course! haha

I hate aspertame too. Give mes migraines...
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    For me it's anything I like. I don't believe one should deprive onself completely of the foods and beverages they enjoy. I just enjoy less of them less often. If I crave something I haven't had in awhile I go right ahead and have it. My latest is Starbucks... I have been getting a lot of Starbucks lattes lately. I do not feel guilty nor do I plan to stop getting them. I just work out harder.
  • SoftenBrownSugar
    SoftenBrownSugar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dairyland Creamo
    Butter
    Sugar (except in pop....I'm bending a little since I joined this site.) :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wine
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    BEER