Is there anything you absolutely refuse to compromise on?

Options

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    WIne, beer, chocolate, bacon, pasta, bread, pizza, ice cream, peanut butter
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Chocolate - I eat a little pretty much every day.

Bread - "Light"-style breads are all air and water, yuck. I will make room for real bread for my sandwiches, and occassionally as a side at dinner. And don't even get me started on the "Sandwich Thins"

Diet soda, iced tea, and coffee. I am not interested in switching to all water.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Mine is a good cup of coffee in the morning. I cut back from 3 cups to one and the sugar from *grumble grumble many tbs'* to 2 packets of IN THE RAW that equal 10 g of real cane sugar and 2 tbs of half and half which equals 3 grams of fat. I eat nothing else with added sugar and eat clean and lean the rest of the time. But I refuse to make my coffee black!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Meat, McDonald's and diet Pepsi.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe in completely giving up anything, unless it's really detrimental to your goals. I think restricting yourself from everything just makes it so much easier to fall off the wagon, so if I want a glass of wine and/or chocolate, I include it in my daily intake. That said, I've made a few 'healthier' choices to treats. Portion sizes are cut down for example and if I get a latte or whatever from somewhere like Starbucks, I get it with skimmed or soy rather than whole milk. I really can't tell the difference anyway!
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Its all about moderation. you can have just about anything you want. instead of having a full size or king size bar of candy have one of those bite size ones, or m&ms have about 10 pieces.
    I love getting the 100calorie packs of cookies and brownies. they taste good (im super picky so if i like it its good).
  • hdchic78
    hdchic78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my Coke. I have a coke every afternoon...and those 140 calories of sanity in a can = one happy momma to 4 young kids, and when I tried to give up my coke (or, GAG, switch to Diet Coke) I was one cranky lady!!!! So, I'll just factor my Coke-a-day habit into my healthier lifestyle and keep me happy and healthy!!!!
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I would never compromise on bread. I love the stuff and I could eat it all day every day if I could. :laugh:
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Butter, bacon, bread and Mac & Cheese - in moderation of course!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    My profile used to say that I refuse to give up butter, bacon, or wine and I still stand by that! :drinker:
    '
    I'm with you!
    I switched to margarine years ago before we heard of trans fats. Since then, I'll take a sliver of butter over spread any day!
    I tried turkey bacon. It's a good replacement for ham, but NOT bacon!
    A nice glass of wine once in a while is sublime.

I would add steak to your list. There is something about a nice piece of steak that bleeds when I cut into it....

But for the most part, I'd rather not make any food completely off limits. (Except escargot. I never tried it, but my heart goes out to the person so hungry that they discovered snails are edible.) I do need to be selective about how often and how much, though.
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Meat, McDonald's and diet Pepsi.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Just dont eat their nuggets. they grind up the whole chicken (yes even eyes and bones) and put it in there. (it was on Jillians site)
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Sour cream...this is the one item I can't go light or non fat. It has to be the regular sour cream the other stuff tastes awful.
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    vodka :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Beer. Pizza.

Some people think I am a snob when it comes to these foods. They are wrong. I'm not a snob. I'm a radical fundamentalist.
  • CJT40
    CJT40 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My coffee creamer.....International Delight French Vanilla! I decided last week that since I was counting calories, etc that I would try the fat/sugar free kinds of this creamer since I wasn't willing to give it up completely....YUCK!!!!!!!!! :sick:

I WILL NOT be making that mistake again.....My creamer will just have to fit in my calorie count for the day! :happy:
  • nallbaby10
    Options
    i love chocolate and I've been drinking Horizon's Organic Chocolate Milk when craving something chocolate. 150 a serving and I love it

alnond breeze hasan awesome chocolate milk 90 cal a cup i believe.. my kids love it too!!!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Lager before the footie, pudding (just make sure I make better choices), sweets, diet coke and M&S food in general. I have virtually dropped bread and cut right back on the cheese (boo).
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    I won't give up having a good old fashioned real hamburger every once in a while.
  • nallbaby10
    Options
    Wine

I am right with you!

same here!!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    my Coke. I have a coke every afternoon...and those 140 calories of sanity in a can = one happy momma to 4 young kids, and when I tried to give up my coke (or, GAG, switch to Diet Coke) I was one cranky lady!!!! So, I'll just factor my Coke-a-day habit into my healthier lifestyle and keep me happy and healthy!!!!

You do what you gotta do! Lol I like that!