Can't even walk

Options

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I also have a question for you:

How do u know it was a pit?

Sadly many people cant tell the diffrence between a boxer and a pit!

The *original* point of the story is that a dog almost attacked her and her dog, and she feels threatened whenever walking around her neighbourhood, through conversation we have turned this into a pitbull argument.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Who gives a crap what type of dog it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a dog - she's a HUMAN :explode:
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

My dog is a black lab blue heeler mix and i am forever being told my dog CANNOT be off leash at of leash dog parks and needs to be muzzled. People just assume to often because when you think vicious dog with a big head its a pit.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an interesting thread to read. OP, your fear is legitimate. The fact that "statistics" have been posted to say all kinds of things about pit bulls does not invalidate your fear of THAT pit bull. You were scared, you didn't run, you walked away. You did the right thing. The wrong thing was posting which breed the dog was on this thread. :laugh:
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

My dog is a black lab blue heeler mix and i am forever being told my dog CANNOT be off leash at of leash dog parks and needs to be muzzled. People just assume to often because when you think vicious dog with a big head its a pit.

Ooooo, I bet he/she is pretty, blue heelers are gorgeous.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Beautiful picture I received over facebook a few days ago. I wish I knew how to post it. It was picture of a beautiful pitt bull sitting down and looking back with the following:
    HUMANS - Over breed me
    HUMANS -Cut my ears off
    HUMANS - Buy Me
    HUMANS - Beat Me
    HUMANS - Make me fight
    and I am the one they want to ban....?
    I am the one who gets the BAD rap..?
    I am the one YOU fear..?

I am a proud owner of 2 beautiful pitt bulls, and a Italian Mastiff. Neither would do anything to hurt anyone unless they were protecting me and my children. And that's what their nature is taught them to defend the loved ones. They are the best friend that anyone could have.. Just like a gun kills... But who pulls the trigger..HUMANS...
    I understand your fear.. But don't blame it on the animal, BLAME the dumb owner....

My dog was biten in the face by a stupid cocker spaniel.. Also both my daughters are vet techs at an animal hospital. They will both tell you the worst of dogs for biting are terriers, cockers, and smaller breed dogs. It's all about their training. Small dogs seem to get away without training because of their size. Owners don't think they need to be trained. But when you work with these animals and you open the kennel to take them out to walk or bathe and they lunge at you for reaching in for them.. NOT FUN...
    Stop making it about PITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told a story about a dog who scared the crap out of me and made me affraid to walk, by myself or with my animal, in my own neighborhood. Does anyone have any Idea what. that. feels. like?

I am the poster and I want it to STOP! It is not about any breed it is about FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sad that people wont give a dog a chance and just assume because of its looks...

And maybe you should get real when you say a persons life is at stake. It is rare for a dog to kill a person and it is rare for a dog to attack without prior history.

People need to educate themselfs how to act around unknown dogs.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

I have one of both! They look quite different if you have them side by side I think, but many people tell me my "2 pit bulls" are adorable! xD
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Sad that people wont give a dog a chance and just assume because of its looks...

And maybe you should get real when you say a persons life is at stake. It is rare for a dog to kill a person and it is rare for a dog to attack without prior history.

Now, I'm starting to feel bad for the poster when these questions and comments are being directed at her. It's not that she didn't give the dog a chance, she felt threatened as it was, in her opinion, in attack mode. She acted perfectly educated, she didn't run, didn't freak out. She grabbed her dog and walked calmly away.
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    Beautiful picture I received over facebook a few days ago. I wish I knew how to post it. It was picture of a beautiful pitt bull sitting down and looking back with the following:
    HUMANS - Over breed me
    HUMANS -Cut my ears off
    HUMANS - Buy Me
    HUMANS - Beat Me
    HUMANS - Make me fight
    I am the one YOU fear..?

I am a proud owner of 2 beautiful pitt bulls, and a Italian Mastiff. Neither would do anything to hurt anyone unless they were protecting me and my children. And that's what their nature is taught them to defend the loved ones. They are the best friend that anyone could have.. Just like a gun kills... But who pulls the trigger..HUMANS...
    I understand your fear.. But don't blame it on the animal, BLAME the dumb owner....

My dog was biten in the face by a stupid cocker spaniel.. Also both my daughters are vet techs at an animal hospital. They will both tell you the worst of dogs for biting are terriers, cockers, and smaller breed dogs. It's all about their training. Small dogs seem to get away without training because of their size. Owners don't think they need to be trained. But when you work with these animals and you open the kennel to take them out to walk or bathe and they lunge at you for reaching in for them.. NOT FUN...
    Stop making it about PITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told a story about a dog who scared the crap out of me and made me affraid to walk, by myself or with my animal, in my own neighborhood. Does anyone have any Idea what. that. feels. like?

I am the poster and I want it to STOP! It is not about any breed it is about FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop making it about pits?
    Hunny, YOU made it about pits because you stated it was a pit bull.
    Not us.
  • KMSForLife
    Options

No, people need to educate themselves on how to be a proper dog owner. If you can't be responsible and keep your dog from roaming free then don't own a dog.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    RAWRRRR IMA GET YOU!

DamnPitbullstheyareterrifying.jpg

Lol I just thought this was cute ^-^

After what you see on the news about pits it is hard not to be scared I think. Unless you have had one or been around a friendly one. Many people just don't know! So I really don't blame the OP at all. Plus dogs in general can be scary at times
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    HUMANS - Over breed me
    HUMANS -Cut my ears off
    HUMANS - Buy Me
    HUMANS - Beat Me
    HUMANS - Make me fight
    I am the one YOU fear..?

I understand where you are coming from, and I don't blame you one bit. I was barely able to walk to my mailbox when I lived in Flint, Mi because of the aggressive strays and aggressive dogs that people had in my neighborhood. Aside from having a CPL, pepper spray or what have you, the only thing you can do is call animal control....if they decide to show up. I don't regret what I did or how I handled it, even though a three dogs gave me some nasty scars, no matter what, those dogs were going to be put down by either me, or the state.
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

The *original* point of the story is that a dog almost attacked her and her dog, and she feels threatened whenever walking around her neighbourhood, through conversation we have turned this into a pitbull argument.

yes, I wonder how she just knew it was a pit. She just assumed it was.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    RAWRRRR IMA GET YOU!

DamnPitbullstheyareterrifying.jpg

Lol I just thought this was cute ^-^

After what you see on the news about pits it is hard not to be scared I think. Unless you have had one or been around a friendly one. Many people just don't know! So I really don't blame the OP at all. Plus dogs in general can be scary at times

This made me laugh.
  • KMSForLife
    Options

Now, I'm starting to feel bad for the poster when these questions and comments are being directed at her. It's not that she didn't give the dog a chance, she felt threatened as it was, in her opinion, in attack mode. She acted perfectly educated, she didn't run, didn't freak out. She grabbed her dog and walked calmly away.

Yes - a good point. Thank you.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

yes, I wonder how she just knew it was a pit. She just assumed it was.

Maybe she just isn't an ignorant tard and knows what a Pitbull looks like.
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow, people! Did you read her first post or did you see the phrase "pit bull" and grab your pitchforks?

She wrote, and I quote, "Today I took my dog for a walk and stopped dead in my tracks when I looked up and saw a Pit Bull about 50 feet in front of me. He was hunched down like he was going to attack."

Let me reiterate the important part, "He was hunched down like he was going to attack."

Now I'm pro pit bull myself, as 2 members of my family have pits and they are incredibly sweet. However, I was also attacked as a child by a dog. It was a lab. The truth is, when you meet a dog off leash with no owner in sight and it acts aggressive towards you, it is a terrifying thing. And Pit bulls are strong animals that can do a lot of damage if they so choose.

The OP was right to feel afraid. And everyone criticizing her for is ignorant. As I'm sure if you were in the same situation, you would be afraid too. I know I would.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

[/quote)

Are you kidding? This is what you came up with? Did you read anything I said? Would it have made a difference if I said it was a Poodle?

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Mmmhmm... cause all pit bulls are terribly vicious dogs, right?

IMG_18322.jpg

74394_1341325793019_1827424043_639384_410440_n.jpg

25949_1137333653343_1827424043_263606_5223271_n.jpg

721.jpg

Don't think so