My ex left me because I'm fat. :(

Options

Replies

• PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ok. First of all... he left you because he is an @**hole... not because you are fat!!!!

^^^LMAO!! Amen Sistah! I second that in a BIG way!!!^^^

I agree, get as mad as H-E-"double hockey sticks" and channel that energy into to running or a punching bag or some tai bo (sp?) or something like that. Keep your focus and energy on losing weight for you! His issue isn't with your weight, trust me, he is just a creep! Be glad to be rid of him!

Don't give up! You did the right thing and came here to reach out for some support and love!

You go girl!
  • anitraritchie
    Options
    Use this to fuel your fire! Make him jealous he ever let you go but don't go back to him. Make him hurt!!!!! You are an inspiration to me.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Ok. First of all... he left you because he is an @**hole... not because you are fat!!!!

Start getting angry, not sad... Once you get to the angry phase, I swear... you will want to do this to prove him wrong!!!!

I have left the worst marriage imaginable and had him tell me the same thing. Didn't start losing until I realized it wasn't me that was the problem. It was that I had this lifesucking leach on me, keeping me that way.

You can do it... Forget him!

^^^^^^^ This for sure - Get off your *kitten*, eat healthy and work like a beast. Screw him and everybody that ever doubted you, put you dpown, made you feel less than worthless, screw them all Get Pissed, and Get the job done, then rub it in all theri f
    ng faces. And under no circumstances take that loser back not even for a quickie which he will hit you up for.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    After 18 yrs of marriage ,my husband told me the same thing,only more cruelly, now 13 years later it finally has dawned on me,as well as other things, that nothing I could have done would have changed the out come..that was his sorry excuse to leave his family for an older woman with money. obviously I could never have competed with that and I finally realised it. That is your ex's problem and it really isn't about your weight directly, but his easy excuse. Just do for yourself,feel better ,forget about him[I am still working on that] and know that it is your life and nobody has the right to take away your self esteem,nor make you feel less than you are. become your very best and show that 'boy' that maybe it was him that was dragging YOU down....... best of luck to you.....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Has anyone thought that maybe the guy left because he didn't love the OP anymore. I mean that actually can happen in real life. Maybe he used the "fat line" as an excuse.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: Sorry you are feeling rough right now. But you can lose the weight and be small, but he will always be a shallow person.
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Has anyone thought that maybe the guy left because he didn't love the OP anymore. I mean that actually can happen in real life. Maybe he used the "fat line" as an excuse.

IDEA Fitness member

If he couldn't be an adult and own up to his feelings rather than using some lame excuse he is not only an @$$hole but a coward too
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    if that was his excuse and if that's a reason he not only an @$$hole but a coward too
    So he'd still be an a-hole for leaving because he doesn't love her anymore? I'm for supporting people, but really we're only hearing one side of the story. His version could be different. I am supposing no one here personally knows the OP or her ex, so we can only go on what's she's said, but to say the guy's an a-hole without really knowing the full facts is a little judgmental.
    Just saying don't take everything you read on the internet as gospel.

IDEA Fitness member
  • stacyengle
    Options
    I love this quote by Marilyn Monroe: If you can't handle me at my worst...you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    if that was his excuse and if that's a reason he not only an @$$hole but a coward too
    So he'd still be an a-hole for leaving because he doesn't love her anymore? I'm for supporting people, but really we're only hearing one side of the story. His version could be different. I am supposing no one here personally knows the OP or her ex, so we can only go on what's she's said, but to say the guy's an a-hole without really knowing the full facts is a little judgmental.

IDEA Fitness member

I reworded what I said it makes better sense and would my response to what you just said
  • CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    No, he left you because he's a douche bag! NOT because of you!!!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling there's more to this story.

Y'all are like that mob of villagers armed with pitchforks and torches goin to kill frankenstein when it comes to stuff like this.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    When my wife admitted how unattractive I was fat, I never took it as anything but a wake up call.
    Eventually, she'd have left, and I'd have had only myself to blame.
    Love is not blind.

And if the shoe was or is ever on the other foot, I'd be gone.
    Part of compatibility with me is staying fit.

Like my wife, I am totally turned off by obesity.
    I would divorce her and she me.

That's reality.
  • aimeercole
    Options
    OK, I believe he didn't leave you because you're fat...he left you because he got scared. I see by your ticker that you have made astounding progress, so ask yourself why he would wait til now to leave. He is probably a very insecure "@#$ hole" who needed to put you down in order for himself to look big!! He has managed to transfer all this crap onto your shoulders for about long enough. I know it's hard, but pick yourself up, dust your pretty little (yes, little) self right off, and achieve the rest of your goal! Not for him...but for you because YOU are worth it, and some day some guy (real man) will come along and show you just how precious you really are!!

^^^^^^ dead right!. He left because your NOT fat! Trust me, you just lost another aprox. 200 pounds- the piece of $h!t who didn't deserve you in the first place :) Please believe me when I tell you I have been right where you are. It hurts and you will live through it!
  • Whatadiaryisfor
    Whatadiaryisfor Posts: 22 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

If he couldn't be an adult and own up to his feelings rather than using some lame excuse he is not only an @$$hole but a coward too

Thank you! MFP doesn't have to know me, my ex, or the entire story in detail. THE FACT is that he left me and he told me it was because I'm fat.. He was a jerk for putting me down and if he didn't love me he could've broken up with me differently and just been honest..
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Y'all are like that mob of villagers armed with pitchforks and torches goin to kill frankenstein when it comes to stuff like this.

LOL...only because...I kinda agree.....but we are armed with pitchforks and torches for the "perception" of him (in her eyes and communicated to us), rather than him. If that makes any sense. I know because I have been the "A-hole" before and standing there seeing what folks said about me going...."WTH--I'm a nice person...what are these people thinking". LOL.

That being said, the original poster came her for support and we RALLIED and gave it to her. YEAH us!!!!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    When my wife admitted how unattractive I was fat, I never took it as anything but a wake up call.
    Eventually, she'd have left, and I'd have had only myself to blame.
    Love is not blind.

And if the shoe was or is ever on the other foot, I'd be gone.
    Part of compatibility with me is staying fit.

Like my wife, I am totally turned off by obesity.
    I would divorce her and she me.

That's reality.

Except the OP was heavier earlier in the relationship than she is now, and at 152lbs, could hardly be considered obese.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    As a man if I'd love somebody I would never leave because of how she looks so I consider the answer from below the only one pertinent.
    Sounds like he was just looking for any excuse to leave you. His loss.
  • stephstar15
    Options
    OK, I believe he didn't leave you because you're fat...he left you because he got scared. I see by your ticker that you have made astounding progress, so ask yourself why he would wait til now to leave. He is probably a very insecure "@#$ hole" who needed to put you down in order for himself to look big!! He has managed to transfer all this crap onto your shoulders for about long enough. I know it's hard, but pick yourself up, dust your pretty little (yes, little) self right off, and achieve the rest of your goal! Not for him...but for you because YOU are worth it, and some day some guy (real man) will come along and show you just how precious you really are!!

^^^^what she said!! You are so strong just to let us know what is happening in your life!!
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options

LOL...only because...I kinda agree.....but we are armed with pitchforks and torches for the "perception" of him (in her eyes and communicated to us), rather than him. If that makes any sense. I know because I have been the "A-hole" before and standing there seeing what folks said about me going...."WTH--I'm a nice person...what are these people thinking". LOL.

That being said, the original poster came her for support and we RALLIED and gave it to her. YEAH us!!!!

Agreed, we rock.

Yes, there are two sides of the story and we are being judgemental. But really, who cares? He is not our friend. She is part of our community, so we rally. The point is not whether or not the guy is actually an @sshole. The point is that she is hurting and she needed some support, which was given.