To Those With 100+ Pounds To Lose, I'm You're Biggest Cheer

Options

Replies

• StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    ***MY EDIT Supposed to say I'M YOUR BIGGEST CHEERLEADER"

I wasn't sure where to post this on the boards. I've been wanting to tell those of you just joining or those of you that have been here a while, those of you with a lot of pounds to lose, that I am your biggest fan. One year ago this month I was standing in your shoes. I had over 100 pounds to lose. I tried and failed many times at losing weight and this time was different, this time I had enough and the game was over. Now that it's January I can see that my gym is extra busy. I want to go up to so many people and give them a big high five, a big hug and tell them I was in your shoes last year. I know where you are and I know how you feel. Never give up hope, never give up because you've got this, you can do it. So to all of you here. I applaud you. I am cheering for you. You can do this. Keep eating a clean healthy diet, keep exercising and drinking your water. Log onto MFP as faithfully as you can. I always tell people that time goes by fast. One year will fly by before you know it. You can choose to be the same size, gain, or be a much slimmer healthier you. Thanks for listening to your biggest fan and cheerleader ramble on. You guys ROCK!!

fatfatfat.jpg
    009.jpg

Here's the link to more if you want to see my progress from beginning to current.

http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j477/keeponkickin/

:heart: Thanks for the encouragement :heart:
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I saw your post when you celebrated your 1 year of losing weight here. You look sooo different! I'm amazed by your progress and inspired by your words. Thank you for sharing with us so graciously.

I have great hope to be the one posting my 1 year photos in 2013!

Thank you!
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a an "add request" I need all the help I can get!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I mean every word. I'm cheering everyone on MFP on. Whether you have 10 pounds or 500 pounds to lose. I just know exactly how you feel. 100 pounds or more seems so overwhelming and like a task that can't be done. If this 44 year old mom of 4 kiddos can do it, you can do it. Never quit! Remember this when you are working out. No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping someone on the couch :-) As you start losing it gets easier, the pounds come off and it inspires you to keep going. The more you exercise the stronger and faster you get. I'm here for all of you. I welcome any questions you have. You're more than welcome to private message me and I will get back to you.

Cindy
  • CoachKaren
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Wow....amazing!! Can I ask a question....what happens if you have extra skin? I have to lose 50-70 pounds and I'm worried about extra skin once I lose it.

You can PM me :-)
  • amblee125
    amblee125 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You have truly inspired me - I have 200lbs to lose and it seems such a long road, I've tried a failed many many times - this time HAS to be different, at 30 years old it's only a matter of time before the health implications catch up with me :(

You can do it!! I have 200 to lose as well and it does seem like a long road but we can do this! :)
  • OKfreebird
    OKfreebird Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your encouragement! For the past five years I have been fighting my weight and have decided it was enough. I have 120 lbs to lose and after reading your message and seeing your before and after photos, you also inspired me. Your message had truly touched me. I hope you don't mind, but I would like to add you as my friend, I had just started to take MFP seriously and am trying to build up my friend network, and I think you would make a great friend because like you said, you were in my shoes.
    Thanks,
    Rachel
  • DizsJourney
    DizsJourney Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump - for later
  • Danielle_2011
    Danielle_2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing !!!
    You Look fantastic ...
    Well Done x x x
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a story, what an accomplishment, and what an inspiration! Thank you for posting this.
  • karen0080
    Options
    You look great High Five!!!! I'm New here.... been down this road 100 times before so it seems. This times seems different. I hurt my knee and if I don't lose some weight I wont be able to walk. I have a 6 year old and I cant do this to Him or Me.... I have joined the Wellness Center and working out in the water 3 times a week and joined my weight group again TOPS. I logging my food so i can be more aware of what I'm eating. I have 190lbs to LOSE.... Again Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! It really means a lot. I still have about 50 more pounds that I want to lose and this just inspires me to keep hard it. It's been a long process, but I know it will be worth it once I get closer to my goal.
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    WOW!! thanks for sharing:drinker:

Karen
  • NicoleW2012
    Options
    WOW!!! Thank you for the motivation! This is something that will keep me going!

Thank you!!!!
  • Mazza4011
    Mazza4011 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    As a newbie of two days, and someone who would like to lose between 110 and 130lbs, this is a brilliant thread on which to make my first post. Very inspirational. Thanks a lot.

Michael
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    thank you it's awesome to see this success all I know is that if I continue to just keep at it the weight will come down..no matter if I plateua for months on end EVENTUALLY it'll go down....so thanks for this post!
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    that is amazing!!! i need to lose about 100 pounds as well..its hard work. U shud be very proud of yurself!!
  • KellynAnn
    Options
    yay! this made me happy i can so relate!! thnxx ps you look great!
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your story. truly inspiring for all. its reassuring to know 100lbs can be done in a year. this is my time and I will embrace it. Big congrats to you on an amazing transformation.