Is there anything you absolutely refuse to compromise on?

Options

Replies

• cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Nothing. If I've learnt anything with my weight loss, it is this one golden rule:

"Nothing cannot be compromised!"

I was addicted to food. I would eat when I was not hungry because I literally saw food as an activity - not a necessity.

With every thought and with every action the focus should be on weight loss until you've reached your goals. By holding onto these foods serves to be detrimental to why we're here. You will make progress, albeit slower, unless you stick to your calorie limits OR up your cardio.

Why make your exercise efforts suffer for your inability to take control of your foods, rather than have your foods have control over you?

Is it worth it to you? IMHO it wasn't for me.
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am not one for chocolate, but my white wine on a friday and saturday night is the one thing I won't compromise on. It is my end of week treat.

As my weighing day is Monday I make sure I won't go over the top, and work extra hard at the gym on Saturday mornings- it is worth it. And the good thing is: atleast I enjoy ever single sip now I have to work for it. :)

Ohh.... and my tea with milk and two sugars. I have one in the morning, and won't compromise on that. Funny, as I never drank tea with sugar and milk in (I used to drink it black) until I was 8 months pregnant, and now I just can't do without my morning cuppa
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Flavour!

There's a lot written on the MFP-message boards about food and nutrition but so few folks ever mention about something tasting fantastic. :tongue:

I love food and for me there is no compromise to good food. I'd rather have a side plate of my favourite foods than a bucket os some so-called healthy fodder that tastes like wet cardboard or straw.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    HOOTERS WINGS!!!! YUMMMMM!!!:tongue::tongue:
  • chriscbond
    chriscbond Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Beer. I won't drink Michelobe ultra or something with less calories. If im going to drink beer and enjoy it, I better drink one that I like. Better run hard and burn it off the next day- that is my way of justifying a nice cold Shiner Bock or Guiness. :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Meat, McDonald's and diet Pepsi.
    Oh, did you know that diet drinks are loaded with....oh, never mind....:devil:
  • MaynardLD50
    MaynardLD50 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can compromise on anything, you choose how bad you want this. I'm a walking scientific lab that does things just to test them out so I can write cool papers.

Ketosis? Been there done that, suffered the complete lack of sex drive (awful), erectile dysfunction (tmi? Didn't matter didn't have sex drive haha), puking on legs days? Yup.

7 day Fast / Clense? Yup, awful. Try working out while fasting it's a near death experience.

Cyclical Calories? Currently underway :)

If I had to choose one thing it would be sugar, sweet sweet sugar, but isn't that all of our problems? lol

Does anyone else look at food now thinking "Hmm what good will this do for my Macros for the day?" I'm looking at you butter... aka has no nutritional value whatsoever.com :grumble:
  • popchex
    popchex Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I avoid "diet" food. I refuse to believe the only way I can lose weight and be healthy is to eat empty food full of chemicals. I eat real chocolate (not the "filler" stuff, lost a taste for it when I was dairy free, now I eat dark chocolate, in small doses). I eat real butter. I eat it all, and if it has "diet" or "lite" on it (bar soy milk) I avoid it. I generally try to either make my own or stick to things with a minimal amount of ingredients.
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Tofu and sprouts , you just will have to pry them from my emaciated fingers !

Sorry , had an out of body experience there .... actually steak and potato , I need it a couple times a month to remember how gooooooooood food really is !
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    Goat cheese...i'd literally fight for it.
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Pizza...I will never give up. Or chocolate like once a week. Every Saturday :)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in eliminating anything completely. It's just pointless to make such drastic changes to lose weight if I expect to maintain that weight for the rest of my life. Am I going to give up junk food for the rest of my life? Or chocolate? Or soda? Or REAL sugar? Or butter? Heck no! I'll indulge every once in awhile and keep the portion reasonable.

I think this is a huge mistake people make. If you make drastic, unsustainable lifestyle changes in the name of losing weight, what happens when you lose that weight and return to the real world with all those real temptations? Disappointment, that's what.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    everything. There is nothing i have eliminated from my diet, i just do my best to keep the unhealthy stuff at a minimum.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I love salty snacks, but I'm not buying chips anymore, I'm going to get baked pita chips (in moderation) and when I'm craving chocolate I have a weight watcher's chocolate cake.
    I don't believe in cutting everything out because that's when you binge (well at least in my case).
  • mrstalee
    Options
    I will not compromise on my cuppas, I insist on having sugar in it, although I have gone from 2 heaped spoons to 2 level ones and even 1 spoonful when I am feeling happy. But I will never give up my sugar completely. It feels naughty but it is my treat for everything else I am giving up.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Just dont eat their nuggets. they grind up the whole chicken (yes even eyes and bones) and put it in there. (it was on Jillians site)
    I've eaten foods that no one here would touch (google balut) so nuggets are tame.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I won't touch anything "fat free" or "sugar free" (unless it is fresh produce of course!)

Give me the full fat and full sugar - but less of it.

I also will eat chocolate - but gourmet chocolate - none of that Hersheys crap (unless I am desperate!!!)

As for butter - earth balance margarine is the best - tastes just like butter!!!
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    Mayonnaise must be Best Foods. Or if you're across the Mississippi, Hellman's. Other Mayo does not cut it.

Now a jar of it may last me a year, because all I use it in is potato salad. Which I barely ever make.

We have "Duke's" here in NC. I watch the sodium, but I haven't given up anything, either. Just keep in all in moderation.
  • stephstar15
    Options
    I don't completely eliminate anything at all... It just isn't feasible that I'll make a life long change that way and learned that I really can have whatever I want. In moderation and adjusting certain things accordingly if need be... but original, full fat, coffee creamer is my one true, cannot, will not give up, no compromises!

True dat for me!!!!