A perspective on "skinny" one's weight loss goal ...

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Hubba Hubba!imagesCAFBC5F5.jpg

Pretty hot.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Love that it gives women empowerment but I think that those women are beautiful. Not everyone would want the 2 body types but the grass is always greener on the other side. Just be happy with you who you are (or try) :)

Really? You think that bashing an entire group of women gives you power?
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Men Love curves....Dogs love bones.... saw this on a magnet.

Men also love bacon which comes from pigs....oh wait maybe THATS why they like "curvey" women

I wonder how well that magnet would go over

I hate the word "curvy." So misused these days.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    This was JUST posted a couple days ago.

^This.
    And as I recall, the thread ended up turning into an argument because people felt there was a lot of skinny-bashing going on.

Proceed with caution, everyone.

This...in the previous "discussion" (which turned into skinny-bashing--why's that ok around here, anyway?) all the people who are (now) thin and fit here on MFP were made to feel like we are not "real women" because we have few or no curves. Some people find the top row attractive, some find the bottom row attractive, some of us are going with our natural body type and just attempting to be HEALTHY. Could we please move on?
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Men Love curves....Dogs love bones.... saw this on a magnet.

Men also love bacon which comes from pigs....oh wait maybe THATS why they like "curvey" women

I wonder how well that magnet would go over

I hate the word "curvy." So misused these days.

Yeah, its a metaphor for some other words that wouldn't be quite as flattering. :glasses:
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Bottom 4 = hot, top 4 = not. I'm not a fan of all bones - never have been never will be.
  • CakeFit21
    Options
    Thank you for that - the top ones look unhealthy - helps keep some perspective :)

Perspective?

My measurement are a mix of Heidi and Kirsten. So, thanks for the insult.

How's that for perspective.
  • intergalactick
    intergalactick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't think personally want the look of the top girls, but I don't think it's nice to skinny-shame.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I love me some bony people! Not emaciated or unhealthy, just thin and radiant. Light-stepping and happy. Big smiles and fearless. It's a personal preference, I know, but I am all about it. :-) Been that way all my life, except for 3 pregnancies and their aftermaths, which never lasted for long. :tongue:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    We just had a 600 post long thread about this very collage a few days ago. LMAO
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I love me some bony people! Not emaciated or unhealthy, just thin and radiant. Light-stepping and happy. Big smiles and fearless. It's a personal preference, I know, but I am all about it. :-) Been that way all my life, except for 3 pregnancies and their aftermaths, which never lasted for long. :tongue:

Me, too. I just like my women skinny. Men, not so much. ;)
  • servilia
    Options
    Propaganda. Notice how the top row are candid surprise shots that are especially unflattering to those women. the bottom row are all staged shots in very flattering poses.
    This. I could find beautiful flattering pics of each of the top 4.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I like skinny

exmotivation,abs,babe,physique,sexy,skinny-6a805e757d0f935f69a900827851146d_h.jpg
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I have known a few skinny guys in my time who were too hot for words. ;) Muscles can be a bit cliche. It takes a really deeply sexy man to rock a skinny body and make it work for him. ;)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that - the top ones look unhealthy - helps keep some perspective :)

Perspective?

On you, do those measurements look: bony, soft, lean or athletic. Clothing size and measurements do not tell the whole story. The women at the top range from bony to lean. The women at the bottom all look pretty soft.
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i wonder how people would react if we judged overweight women's bodies like we're judging these women........
    yup- as president of the itty bitty titty committee i veto this thread.
  • servilia
    Options
    Also there are a lot of misconceptions about these so called curvy pin up girls of the past, Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 - 14 in RETRO sizes, which is a modern size 8 - 10 (US size 4 - 6). Her measurements were 36-23-37 - the epitome of the gorgeous hour glass figure, but that is one tiny waist! Elizabeth Taylor was 116 pounds and 5"4 inchs (36-21-36), hardly what we would call curvy.

The women pictured were literally curvy, with a very low waist to hip ratio. I think curvy is a misnomer this days. It is used as a euphemism for bigger. In reality, people at any size can be actually curvy (look like an hourglass) and people at any size can be an apple, pear or a ruler.

Yeah they were definitely the true sense of the word curvy :)

I guess what irks me about this image is that actually both sets of women represent figures that are only obtainable for most of the population through extreme measures. Having a 23 inch waist and d cup boobs is a genetical blessing and so I guess I feel like people look at this picture and see the bottom four as more natural and a better representation of normal healthy women when in fact that kind of figure is as unobtainable to most people (maybe if I got breast implants and removed a few ribs) as the top pictures and inevitably still leaves women feeling inadequate. Which is really the opposite point than what the image is trying to make!

THIS!
    If anything, the bodies in the lower pics are less obtainable (without surgery) than the ones in the top row.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    i wonder how people would react if we judged overweight women's bodies like we're judging these women........
    yup- as president of the itty bitty titty committee i veto this thread.

I second that motion!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    kk.jpg

oh poor Kiera look at those twiggy legs:huh: what a differance a proffesional photo can make
  • CakeFit21
    Options

Perspective?

On you, do those measurements look: bony, soft, lean or athletic. Clothing size and measurements do not tell the whole story. The women at the top range from bony to lean. The women at the bottom all look pretty soft.

It doesn't matter. The point is that when you say something disparaging about a "type" you are insulting a real person. You say clothing and measurements don't tell the whole story, but neither do snap shots of unsuspecting women.
This discussion has been closed.