Replies

• ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    1-2 times a month!
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Fast food, well and my total lack of discipline were the primary causes of my weight gain. I try to avoid it, maybe once per month now.
  • brandmee
    Options
    i have not had fast food in a year and i do not miss it one bit
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food, except if you consider Starbucks, lol :laugh:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Define fast food. Does stuff like chipotle count? If so ummmm

I dunno. 4-8 times a week maybe? kind of varies depending on how we feel that week, how lazy/busy we are, etc.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    well, I sort of have lived on junk food,and beer and wine. January 3rd I started MFP. since then I have become aquainted with vegetables ,fruit and water...my, do I feel better. I haven't had a TUMS in2 weeks. I watch my calories,and if I really want something I will choose my favorite and squeeze it in. I did get a breakfast burrito from McDonalds 2 weeks ago,and when I got to work and looked it up for my daily food, I found it had 300 cal. The 25min. on the treadmill to get rid of the calories made it a never again food!. Good luck, people who have never or rarely eaten 'junk' food,have a hard time understanding the draw....I don't! good luck
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey and haven't had any. Everyone has slip ups but, in general I try to eat as natural as possible and not to eat out often.

Edit to say before I ran into MFP I lost weight doing just what you are. I sometimes would not eat until later in the day and would need to make up the calories so what better way than fast food. I still lost weight but, the food itself is not good and have a lot of mystery ingredients.
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i havent had any this year... :) so happy.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I love my Subway! Eat it everyday for lunch and always after I workout at Curves. I always get a 6 inch of their healthier subs on wheat.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid it as much as I possibly can and have been tempted most nights this week... but decided to cook instead, I cant even eat KFC anymore... My Body rejects it
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up fast food completely, but in order to get it, I make myself go in. NO DRIVE THRU. If I make a little more difficult to get, I usually just go home and make something. I would have to say I make the effort to go in and get about once or twice a month. Not too bad, all things considered.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I agree, Everything in moderation. It is a personal matter. There is no right or wrong.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm for Team Moderation! :)

It's a personal choice for many people. Some people are dead set against it, others are cool with it in moderation. I have cut fast food out pretty significantly as well as soda for if/when we eat out. I usually ask for water or unsweetened tea.

I used to treat my son to McDonald's once every two weeks but now he's into Subway. Which makes it SO much easier for me to resist french fries! (My weakness)

Moderation is key! I feel if a person doesn't give in now and again, it's easier to go on a crazy binge of nonstop eating.
  • CharletteJones
    Options
    WELL I DO HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYONE ON THE NEVER...... IT IS TO EASY TO FALL BACK INTO THOSE OLD EATING HABITS IT STARTS OUT ONCE OR TWICE A MONTH BUT EVENTUALLY IT PROGRESS INTO MORE SO JUST KICK THE HABIT WHILE YOU CAN AND JUST SAY NO :) NEXT SATURDAY IS MY BIRTHDAY AND THE FAMILY IS ASKING ME WHERE ARE WE GOING TO EAT, IT'S A FAMILY TRADITION SO I TOLD THEM I WANTED TO GO TO I HOP RESTAURANT LET'S DO BREAKFAST FOR A CHANGE...

I LOG IN WHAT ALL I WANTED TO EAT AND TO MY SURPRISE MY BREAKFAST WAS OVER 1200 CALORIES...THAT'S MY WHOLE MEAL FOR THE DAY O,M.G I HAVE TO THINK LONG AND HARD IF IT IS WORTH THOSE CALORIES OR NOT BOO...HOO...HOO
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Once, maybe twice a week, and it's usually
    Subway. I get the 5 dollar footlong, eat half
    for dinner, then have lunch for the next day.
    No more Italian BMTs sucks, but hey it works
    out when we're really busy.

Normally I cook dinner, and have plenty of
    leftovers for lunches.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a month. Mainly because I like to cook & when I cook I know how to make it just how I like it.

I go to KFC once a year. It has been on the 2nd of Jan for the last 4 years but I haven't made my annual trip yet. I just go to see if they've improved since last year :tongue:
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Maybe once every couple of months .. Mainly as a treat for the toddlers ... But seriously feel gross after I eat it !
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    not in over a year
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Never.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    once each week, and I allow myself a treat.
    Today was that day for breakfast - McDonalds!

I had the Big Breakfast with hotcakes and 2 extra orders of hash-browns.

LOVE IT!