How often do you eat fast food?

Replies

• alyecat
    alyecat Posts: 28
    Never, really. If I'm really in a rush and don't have time to make food I may stop at Wendy's and get a baked potato and some chili - but that's very very rare.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Subway turkey sub maybe twice a month.

In a pinch, chicken nuggets from Wendy's maybe once every month or two.
  • BritFitB
    BritFitB Posts: 106 Member
    VERY rarely... Part of my running route when I lived on the Emerald Coast in FL was going through the McDonald's drive thru area to cut across to the other street. At that point, I had 2 miles in already, and the smell just fills your nostrils and makes you nauseous. At that point in 2009, I had just began working on clean eating, or at least recognizing it as part of my lifestyle. I was astounded at all the cars in the drive-thru every single time I made that run, and when my Mom would bring home her McDonald's Big Breakfast in the morning, I couldn't even deal with it! She knew it bugged me, and I cannot change people's minds and make them think differently but it makes you think about how you fuel your body. I don't even have a desire for that type of food because my body doesn't even want it.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    I think it depends on the kind of fast food. Taco bell and pizza is my weakness. Just make sure you can keep on track calorie-wise and try to control the carbs/ sodium since that seems to be the part of fast food that kills you.
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Once a week...
  • jeffrey2584
    jeffrey2584 Posts: 88 Member
    last time I ate fast food.....was Jul 2010 :)
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Had it one time in the last 3 weeks.
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Whenever I get the urge. Of course, there are consequences in that I can't eat as much the rest of the day and feel like *kitten* for the rest of the day. Of course, I rarely have the urge to eat it.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    It's amazing to me how many people say they NEVER eat it lol. I rarely eat it maybe a few times a year. If I do however I will choose Wendy's or Subway.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    never!
  • I love Taco Bell hard shell taco supremes. They are my weakness. I could eat them every day but limit myself to about 2x a month. Other than that I only eat fast food if I have to but I try to order healthy (or somewhat healthy). Like a McDonald's small hamburger and a salad. Or I eat McDonald's yogurt parfaits or oatmeal if I need a morning meal on the road.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    never, unless you count Brueggers or Noodles & Co. as fast food. I just don't think it tastes good.

I did eat fast food once last year. I had the flu, and for some reason, mcnuggets were the only thing that sounded good. That was probably 9 months ago.
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    I will honestly say once to twice a week. I normally keep it being the smart thing on the menu. I have had no problems with my weight loss journey doing this, considering it used to be a daily thing for me before!
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Once a week on Friday's...it's our family tradition and my night off from cooking!! We usually do Subway and I make sure that I stay within my calories. Other than that, ehh once or twice I month I do something really naughty like Taco Bell, but still somehow manage to stay within my calories or darn close to them.. :happy:
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Wow, so many people saying never! lol. It's funny because for me it's kind of backwards.. I used very rarely eat fast food. I stayed away from it and never really craved it.

Then.. I got with my current fiance and since then we've eaten fast food soooooo often. We had periods where we went like twice a day for a whole week, lol.

90% of the time I always get something small or on the healthier side of the menu. Lately it's been less.. like once a week or so :P
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    It's amazing to me how many people say they NEVER eat it lol. I rarely eat it maybe a few times a year. If I do however I will choose Wendy's or Subway.

Is it? I am vegetarian, and don't have the slightest interest in fast food. I never have. It doesn't look or smell like food to me.
  • Never! Even when I weighted over 250 pounds, never ate fast food! No interest! Yuk. although a fish filet and some fries sounds good right now!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,903 Member
    At least 2 times a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    years ago I used to be a fan of chip shops...now... never... even before I started looking after myself... and i have a 20 year old son who has never had a Macdonalds!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,364 Member
    I hate Fast food. It makes me feel disgusting. I've never been a fan.

The only "fast food" we do is Chipotle..and occasionally (but rarely now) subway.

They put a chipotle about 4 minutes from us by car, so we're always over there and I get my vegetarian burrito bowl (a burrito without the tortilla)

I also always crave Avocado Rolls (Vegetarian sushi) probably much more than I should. they're fantastic

I love cooking, but we're having a dishwasher issue (we have 2 that we need to return, 1 is too small and the other doesn't work and we need to order a new one) - it's made my kitchen pretty crowded.

The freezer is stocked with Weight watchers Smart ones because of the crowded kitchen.