What gets on your nerves the most about the boards?

Options

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    That people can't get LOOSE and LOSE straight. Your pants get LOOSE because you LOSEweight. Its not that hard.
  • fuzz_pawz
    fuzz_pawz Posts: 106
    Options

Is it really being sensitive if someone takes offense to something that is offensive?

you took offense to "Just sayin'"...? Well, I do try to say this with no-offense what-so-ever...but I think you need to focus you time on something more important in life, rather than whether or not someone says "just sayin"....

If one takes offense to another comment, even if that comment was not meant to be offensive...then yeah, I think someone is being sensitive. If it was not an intention of being offensive to that person or another, and the other person got upset without telling that person it offended them....then yes, I do see that as being sensitive.

If what I have said or posted has upset you in some way...again, not intention, my opinion only.
  • alyecat
    alyecat Posts: 28
    Options
    If someone is eating 500 cals a day that would probably be an eating disorder. However, it is not our place to tell this person what to do. It wouldn't help anyone until THEY realized what was wrong.
  • fuzz_pawz
    Options
    That people can't get LOOSE and LOSE straight. Your pants get LOOSE because you LOSEweight. Its not that hard.

Ahahaha! that's too funny, that bugs me too!!!
  • fuzz_pawz
    Options
    If someone is eating 500 cals a day that would probably be an eating disorder. However, it is not our place to tell this person what to do. It wouldn't help anyone until THEY realized what was wrong.

I agree with this..however, if it was a loved one....would you not want to express your concern for the lifestyle they have chosen? I guess, many people on here are strangers, so it need not apply...but I guess if you had been friends with someone long enough on here...maybe?
  • deedeefelldown
    deedeefelldown Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty simple...I just wish there was a "thanks" button so I could just click on that when I agree with someone's post
  • deedeefelldown
    deedeefelldown Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Yep, that's one of my pet peeves too.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, I haven't had any feedback yet on the board or my food journals. I love the boards. They have been a great motivater and gives me some new ideas to help my weight lost.

I definitely agree that people should mind their own business. The people that join these sites are trying their best to lose weight. They are already making a positive effort by joining the site in the first place. They're aware of what they're eating and the consequences of it when they log in. They don't need someone else humiliating them about it!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    The lose/llose thing drives me nuts.
    People that flat out ignore me because of my numbers, and people that spend time worrying about how fast I'm losing right now. It just reminds me that I'm a fat *kitten* to start with.
    Also, when I make legitimate posts on the forums and then people flood me out!!!

Ignore the haters. After losing 8kg in a month I was so excited. Posted about it. Got a nice, well meaning MSG telling me I was losing too fast and I'd put it all on. From some skinny chick who had clearly never had any idea what it's like to be morbidly obese. Cried all night. Didn't effect (oh god I think that's the wrong one!) my weight loss thankfully. Just remember you're doing this for you. Not anyone else.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I am most annoyed by threads like this one. It's just like any other repetitive topic, plus it almost always devolves into an argument.

Perhaps they do annoy you, but if they annoy you....then why would you bother wasting time to reply to them? Just sayin'

Everyone is entitled to an opinion

I also hate it when people use the excuse "everyone is entitled to an opinion" to tell me not to express my own.
  • kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

People who say "nom nom nom" ... Are you the freaking cookie monster?

^^^ This is awesome. I can not tell you how happy that statement made me.
  • Animaniac87
    Options
    The thing that gets on my nerves the most is kind of petty, but I can't stand it when people are less than 150lbs and they comment on how "gross" or "fat" or "disgusting" they think they look. There are A TON of people on here that want/need to lose 100lbs+ and there goal weight is somewhere in or around the 130s-150s and it's discouraging (for me at least) to see all these people say how gross they look when they weigh my goal weight
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Is it really being sensitive if someone takes offense to something that is offensive?

you took offense to "Just sayin'"...? Well, I do try to say this with no-offense what-so-ever...but I think you need to focus you time on something more important in life, rather than whether or not someone says "just sayin"....

If one takes offense to another comment, even if that comment was not meant to be offensive...then yeah, I think someone is being sensitive. If it was not an intention of being offensive to that person or another, and the other person got upset without telling that person it offended them....then yes, I do see that as being sensitive.

If what I have said or posted has upset you in some way...again, not intention, my opinion only.

First of all, PUMP YA BRAKES! I didn't take offense to anything you posted. Not even your light hearted and somewhat slightly amusing dig at my post. Nor do I take offense at "just sayin." Stating that it annoys me is not the same as stating that it offends me. There are a lot of things that annoy me but I don't bother to muster enough energy to let it offend me.

My question was actually directed at the "sensitive people should evacuate the internet" comment. It is certainly important to consider the intent of what someone said. However, innocent intention does not automatically absolve someone if they did or said something offensive. It's important for people to be slow to offense. It is equally important for people to use tact and respect when making a statement.
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am most annoyed by threads like this one. It's just like any other repetitive topic, plus it almost always devolves into an argument.

Perhaps they do annoy you, but if they annoy you....then why would you bother wasting time to reply to them? Just sayin'

Everyone is entitled to an opinion

these threads allow overweight nonactive people to say they were on a fitness site and did something...

Are you insinuating that I, being on this topic, am overweight and not active? That is what it sounds like.
  • jakki_brown
    Options
    these threads allow overweight nonactive people to say they were on a fitness site and did something...

So let them? they're only cheating themselves if that is truly why they are here.

If a topic bothers one, then I don't see the point of one being active in the conversation...I mean, really, if you're just going to sit here and piss and moan about how much you hate these threads...perhaps you really don't want to get out there and make yourself a better person...inside or out.

Sorry- that sounds like I'm getting angry...that wasn't the intention.

Hahaha, here ya go..here is what gets on my nerves on these board....people that enter the topic just to ***** about it's subject line...TA DA!!!! :-)

good for you,,,now you can say you did something

As can you. For someone to talk about people in threads, you sure are all up in this one. :)
  • jakki_brown
    Options

I agree with this..however, if it was a loved one....would you not want to express your concern for the lifestyle they have chosen? I guess, many people on here are strangers, so it need not apply...but I guess if you had been friends with someone long enough on here...maybe?

I totally get you on this. If it were my best friend logging 500 calories a day... you should bet your *kitten* I'd be talking to her, but it's out of love and a mutual respect we have between the two of us. She can take my criticism, because I'm not a stranger. I have invested interest in her well being.

I won't add a stranger and criticize their eating habits because this is a learning process and it takes time to adjust to life changes. It doesn't happen overnight.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options

People who say "nom nom nom" ... Are you the freaking cookie monster?

^^^ This is awesome. I can not tell you how happy that statement made me.
    hehe i <3 cookie monster. . . and possibly i am i mean if i ate cookies like that i do believe id need to get on here and try n make some healthy choices lol xD nom nom nom hehe
  • fuzz_pawz
    Options

As can you. For someone to talk about people in threads, you sure are all up in this one. :)

Considering I am talking about the subject at hand and not about any one person specifically, and did not state that the subject bothers or gets on my nerves when people post such threads (as a past user had)...your argument is invalid :)

And now you are all turning this into an internet fight, which I'm sure this thread was not suppose to be about....so lets all just get back to the subject line. Ka-peesh....or however you spell that :P
  • almondgirl00
    Options
    I have nothing much to do until uni starts again so I'm loving the boards (: lots of interesting stuff here and plenty of useful tips. I've been going through the success stories board like mad looking for inspiration. What really bothers me is the anti-science bent here and all this talk about 'clean' eating. Are people disinfecting their food before they consume it? Hello, orthorexia!

It really worries me to see the paleo obsessives shoot down anything that doesn't fit into their narrow view of health. It's downright scary, actually. A lot of what they say sounds perfectly sensible until you examine it or look for evidence to support their claims and come up with very little. The average person is going to say "ooh, that sounds good, wheat is now the devil", when it's nothing of the sort. I'm also shocked that so many people proclaim themselves gluten intolerant. Have you had a blood test and biopsy to confirm this?

Also, there's the assumption sometimes that everyone can afford organic, natural, pastured, whatever foods. That stuff is darn expensive, assuming you have the money to buy in bulk and the space to store a side of beef. I can do both and I still cringe everytime I look at my grocery bill. That stuff's expensive!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    lots of whining