Totally hateful comments by extended family members...

Options
1235»

Replies

• mizzdivat
    mizzdivat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can SHOW him better than you can TELL him. LET'S GET IT GIRL!:smile:
  • cafren23
    cafren23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Totally obvious that he has issues about his body. He had to make you feel **** about yourself so that he could feel better. Ignore him. Do not answer anymore questions from him on anything remotely personal. Dont feel like you have to justify yourself to this ignoramous!! I am 31 and I KNOW that I am not too old too lose weight. Dont let him get you down. He's an idiot. Keep going with your diet. And think how satisfied you'll be in a few months. Chin up.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing, best to get out of there before the situation deteriorated further.

My best piece of advice from this though, take a mental note of how he made you feel, and next time you are struggling for motivation to get to the gym etc, use it! Prove the fat little *kitten* wrong, then go back and kick his *kitten*! :P

PERFECT!!!! now you know what he weighs and soon...very soon....you will weigh less!! hahaha
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    This is why I am scared to death to meet my mother in law. Her husband ( not my husbands father but his stepfather) has made comments about my weight, when I was on Short term disability for a medical issue. He said " She can't get her fat *kitten* off the couch to go to work but yet when food is involved she can go out to eat" This hurt so bad, because at the time, it was hard for us to go out to eat. We would barely sit down and then have to leave right away because of the pain I was in.
    What made this hurt even more is that his mother and step father are both bigger, and are on disability permanently. His sister has made comments too about me not working, when for the first part of our relationship, I was supporting him. We have done the math and if I work, all it will do is pay for daycare. Nothing more, even though I would get paid more than him, because I have a higher education, and more professional work experience. But, with my medical issues, it is harder for me to work. Even when I had a job, and would be put on Short term disability, I made more than he did. But his family saw me as lazy, and considered me not having a job.
    His sister recently was on Short term disability, and both my husband and I held our tongues on saying anything to her lol. Sorry guess I am just venting, whenever I think about it, it stresses me out. I will be meeting them for the first time in Feb.
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    I understand why you would not argue in front of your kids, but to say nothing to them about his rude and non supportive comments which were totally mean, is doing a great injustice to your children who witnessed his verbal attack. No matter how young they are, let them know that the reason you left was because you know you will loose weight and will not stand for such behavior from their grandpa. {{hugs}}

YOU WILL RELEASE those POUNDS! I'm living proof! :flowerforyou:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    You're 31? You're YOUNG! I just wish I was 31 again.... I'm 43 and look at me - I've now lost NINETY THREE pounds.

You took the high road, so kudos. Honestly I probably wouldn't have done as well as you - my mouth tends to say exactly what I'm thinking and I'm sure it would have started with an "F" and ended with a "you" (well, maybe not if my kids where there, but I would still have said something to stand up for myself in front of them - not that you did anything wrong by not saying anything).

YOU are worth it. He is not worth the dirt trapped in the tread of your workout shoes.
  • singingdeb
    singingdeb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You really don't need his support. Look at this virtual family you have - in full support of your aims. You go for it girl.
  • PrincessLou2
    Options
    Some people like to make themselves feel better by putting others down. You walked away with dignity in tact. Hold your head up and make yourself proud by losing the weight. He can then take his comments and shove them where the sun dont shine :)