June Shredders - Week 1!!!!

Options

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    QUESTION!! Isn't it important to rest muscles? I'm really sore today, should I be doing this every other day? I'm still learning the in and outs of exercise

You should get at least one day off per week and maybe go a 1-2 workout days without weights.

Since you're a beginner, I recommend that you find a separate stretch routine and do that at least 2-3 times per week regardless of how often you end up doing this video. There's a P90X saying: fit and stiff people get injured; fit and flexible people get better.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    QUESTION!! Isn't it important to rest muscles? I'm really sore today, should I be doing this every other day? I'm still learning the in and outs of exercise

Yes. If you can, maybe try doing all the moves, but without your weights. I've also found sometimes, that if you do the warmup, that will help loosen your muscles, and the rest of the workout won't hurt. It's supposed to be tough, so don't give up too easily, but if you're really in pain, listen to your body.
  • jljohnson
    Options
    Day 4 down! The pushups are still tough, but I'm busting through 'em. It seems like they make the other exercise in that set - squat & press - tougher too. I'm starting to get nervous about the upcoming weekend. I have a hard time getting workouts in on those 2 days...
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    Did get to shred yesterday so I'm just gonna make that my rest day for the week. :) Getting ready to get todays work out in though wish me luck lol I've started level 3 and honestly i think its easier than level 2 hahaha.... when you guys get to level 3 (i've been doing the shred for a while now) let me know what you think.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    What is the 30 day Shred?
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a workout dvd. It is based on 3 levels of 20 minute workouts. Each level progressively harder.

Made it through todays workout barely...phone calls and kids crying had to pause and come back several times.

I plan to make Sunday my day off. I plan to do it Saturdays even though that is my day to do a longer walk-run because I have the time.
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hello everyone, im looking forward to the shred later today... Goodluck:flowerforyou:
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey Shredders -

Random question: I am used to weight training on three or four times a week and then running five or six. With traditional weight training you are supposed to rest a day in between each workout. Or at least work a different muscle group. But with the 30 Day Shred I feel like the workouts are too quick to take a rest day between them. But on Day 4 of the Shred my biceps and quads started to cramp up, and I could feel my form suffering. Do you guys do this every other day? Only a few times a week? If so, is it more like a 60 day shred? I'm frustrated and it sucks to be this frustrated so early in a new program.:explode:

Thanks...
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hey Shredders -

Random question: I am used to weight training on three or four times a week and then running five or six. With traditional weight training you are supposed to rest a day in between each workout. Or at least work a different muscle group. But with the 30 Day Shred I feel like the workouts are too quick to take a rest day between them. But on Day 4 of the Shred my biceps and quads started to cramp up, and I could feel my form suffering. Do you guys do this every other day? Only a few times a week? If so, is it more like a 60 day shred? I'm frustrated and it sucks to be this frustrated so early in a new program.:explode:

Thanks...

Try alternating with different level weights. And stretch out those quads more often than with the video.
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    sooo...do you do it every day? or every other day?
  • hiddensecant
    Options

I'm taking one day off a week, so every day except sundays.
  • jljohnson
    Options

Personally, I'm going to do it every day, unless I really get sore. Just like diet, you have to do what works for you. If you feel too stressed, take your intensity down a notch, or take a break... whatever you feel you need. Listen to your body.
  • leshawnturner
    Options

My body will not allow me to do it everyday so my intent is to do it 2 days break 1 day 2 days break 1 day etc. It will help with the soreness and will give my knees a break. On my off day I do yoga or pilates, plus this week I started riding my bike in the evenings (I shred in the mornings).
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Well I got in 2 days of shred so far. I did day 1 and day 2 no problem and Wednesday was my rest day. Unfortunately I got up late this morning and didn't have enough time to shred so I had to do something else:noway: :grumble: . But I will shred tomorrow for sure. I'm going out of town this weekend adn won't be back until Monday afternoon, so I don't think I'll be able to get the shred in:grumble: . I'll probably shred Monday evening though so I'll still be on track. :love:

Question: How long are you level 1'ers doing level 1 before you move to level 2??

Hi!
    I'm going to try and do each level for 10 days (with one rest day per week). That way, at the end of 30 days, I'll have done each level for a equal amout of time. I've made myself a calender to chart out when I'm going to start each level, when I'm going to rest that week, etc. It also feels really good to check off the days that I've done!

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    Day 4 done and over with... and it feels good :):):)
  • psychojenn
    psychojenn Posts: 61
    Options
    ive only just completed day 3. ive been visiting my dad for the last few days and havent had time :grumble: but i found some today. had to do without weights since i left them at home. ill be here for another day or two so ill try to find time to do the shred then also.
  • SarahW8
    SarahW8 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'd like to join! I'm sending a private message to Vans w/ my measurements I guess. Tomorrow/Friday morning will be my day one and Monday will be my first day of the second week. II'll continue on the whole 30 days, though, resting on Sundays. My start weight as of today is 164 and I feel stuck in my weight loss and motivation. I really need this group to help me feel pumped up again!

Start Weight for this challenge 164 lbs
    Goal Weight for end of 30 days 155 lbs

Thanks!

153921.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Enough_Already
    Options
    Ladies, I have to say it's been very encouraging to continue doing this on a day-by-day basis knowing that there are others suffering through the Shred, too! I, unfortunately, missed yesterday, but was back at it this evening and am feeling great. I think it may have been a good thing that I missed, though not purposely, as I could hardly walk down my stairs at home :laugh: Tonight was much better, as I said, and I'm looking forward to another day of shredding...yahoo?

FYI, I'm currently stuck on nights for the shredding and wonder if any of you have managed to shift without taking a rest day? I'm debating on trying to start mornings, but don't want to totally kill my body by shredding again less than 12 hours later. Thoughts?

Oh, and the pushups SUCK! :laugh:
  • karlira
    karlira Posts: 100
    Options
    Hey! Can I still join you?? I'm shredding for the first time ever tomorrow morning, I'm a little scared but also excited!! I'm planning on doing it every other day and the days I dont do it I'll walk/jog.

Any advices for this shred newbie?
    :blushing:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hey! Can I still join you?? I'm shredding for the first time ever tomorrow morning, I'm a little scared but also excited!! I'm planning on doing it every other day and the days I dont do it I'll walk/jog.

Any advices for this shred newbie?
    :blushing:

IM Vans with your starting weight and measurements and you're good to go :flowerforyou:.

As for advice .. keep pushing play!