Post-babies, post-c-section tummy pics

Options
ebaymommy
ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
I have read a few threads lately of people asking if there is hope for a flat tummy after a c-section. The answer is yes, of course you can!

I'm 5'5" and about to turn 34 years old. My "babies" are 9 and 6. With my first pregnancy I gained about 70lbs and topped the scales at just over 200lbs (yikes!) when I delivered. With my 2nd baby I gained less (maybe 40lbs) but started out heavier and he was 9lbs of cuteness.

This is me at 41 weeks (yes, a full week overdue!) with the 9lb boy.

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/41weeks.jpg[/img]

And this is me this morning (excuse the PJs, it's a snow day and the kids & I are lounging around)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummypic.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummy2.jpg[/img]

(in this forward-facing photo you can just see my c/s scar right above my pants line. It's pretty faded.)

And one of my gigantic hulking man-muscle biceps (just kidding!) because I'm proud of them. :)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/muscles.jpg[/img]

My current stats are 122.4lbs, 20% body fat. Waist at bellybutton is 27", lower "mommy tummy" is 30", my hips are about 35.5" and my biceps are 11". My post-pregnancy weight was around 165.

I did it by eating pretty clean (hey, I like my junk food too, though), focusing on small meals every 3-4 hours and mixing up cardio and lifting some heavy weights.

Hope for all those mommies who are just starting out on weight loss you can have some hope that your tummy will look good again!

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 babies, both around 8 pounds (not c-section though). I gained about 70 pounds both times. There is hope :)
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    I've had 2 babies, both around 8 pounds (not c-section though). I gained about 70 pounds both times. There is hope :)

You look fantastic! I see we have almost identical stats for height/weight. Way to go!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

You look fantastic! I see we have almost identical stats for height/weight. Way to go!

You too! Amazing :)
  • lauren0985
    lauren0985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am completely inspired by both of you girls!!
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You both look great! I have 3 kids - a 24 month old son (over 9 lbs) and 6 month old twins (over 14 lbs of baby). I was wondering if my excess skin would ever tighten up again. You have given me hope! I just finished day 7 of the 30DS and I significantly changed my eating and exercise habits at the beginning of the year. How long did it take for the elasticity to return?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    You inspire me and my two time c-section belly.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have some before pics... but since they are right now pics (LOL) I will post to this when I have something to show off! :-) I've had 2 c-sections - one baby was 8.9 pounds the other was 9.9 pounds!
  • w3lchi
    w3lchi Posts: 16
    Options
    Wowwwww!!! I ad a c section on my 9.1lb baby, at 39 weeks. I went from 189 to 156 in 2 weeks but now I'm stuck in 164 pounds =\
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    You inspire me and my two time c-section belly.

I had c/s with both as well. My scar is sort of jagged. I think surgeon #2 wasn't real impressed with the cut from my first. He fixed it up a bit but it's still crooked.
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    wow you both look AMAZING!! there is hope!
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You ladies look awesome! I wish I could look like that ... I have a two year old little monster. Gained about 27lbs with him. My belly was HUGE. I've dropped all of the weight and then some, but he worked me with stretchmarks :( so my tummy will never look that good! But you're definitely an inspiration that I can tighten it up! :)
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    wow you look fab!!

altho i didnt have a c-section i had 2 big babies first 8lb 14 second 8lbs 4 so the tummy got massivly streached :laugh: also gained 50lbs with my last he was born 13 weeks ago so working on getting a fab tummy likes yous!!

i have my work in progress pics but shall post if i ever get a flat tum pleased with it so far!
  • becky_anne
    Options
    Wow i really needed to see this thread, I've had only one baby with a normal delivery she was 8lbs 10... My weight has actualy crept up since having her.. And I have had this flabby wobbly gut hanging over my jeans for almost 3 years! I was wondering if I would ever have a flat tummy.. And thought there was no hope... Well you have proved there is!! Gunna work extra hard on those core muscles now :) thank you!!
  • wndnls
    wndnls Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for the pics. I have had 2 c-sections. I wondered if I would ever have a flat belly after this! LOl I now know I could!
  • SquishiiKiwii
    Options
    This post, has made me cry!!! For all good reasons!! I had a c section to deliver my boy who was 4 weeks early as I had severe pre eclampsia. He weighed a shocking 7lb 11oz .... I still weighed more haha. I was 10 stone when I fell pregnant, by the end of it I was 15 stone! 16 months on I am 13 stone (yay) and really struggling and scared if I will ever have a flat tummy again or will I just have this saggy over hang for the rest of my life. This thread has given me more hope than you can ever imagine. Thank you so so much!!!

You look AMAZING! Btw xxx
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!

I haven't lost all the weight yet, but this is so inspiring. I am worried about how my stomach will look though. The stretch marks have lightened up a bit, but the texture is still there and there is extra skin =/ I don't think it will ever look good again!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OMG i want your body lol you look great. I have 3 girls 10, 7 and almost 2, all 3 were c sections:grumble: and with my first I delivered at about 200lbs, actually i think all 3 i was that weight when i delivered, i am 5" i have lost 10 lbs so far but i am so motivated even more now after seeing you. Thank you for posting
  • bugaboo4uhg
    bugaboo4uhg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    AMAZING.....thanks for posting....i have had 2 c-Secs and wow i hope someday i can post a pic like these! Thanks for inspiring me ladies ...way to go to u both....
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have had four c-sections and although I am back to my pre-baby weight, I still have a lot to go. I am working on getting back to eating healthy and exercise, so hopefully I will be able to share some results too! I have had 2 additional surgeries since the last c-section - so I am not expecting a flat belly anytime soon. BUT, I am not going to stop working or trying my best! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    OP you look great! Your skin bounced back really well from the pregnancy, mine, not so much. Even if I get my abs into that kind of shape, I'm still going to have the stretched-out skin hanging down. :-( I envy women who's skin didn't do what mine did, I didn't even have a c-section and my skin is ridiculous. *sigh*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!