Options
    9137574.jpg
  • lu136mickey
    Options
    All those foods on the list are great for you so why be negative
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I think if you cook it right, Unicorn meat is a negative calorie food...but that's the only one.

Good luck!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Some people are so rude on this site... its really a shame.

Lol, I agree, but hey, I've lost almost 50lbs. Pretty sure I will continue to eat all of these on a daily basis, RAW, too people lol. Something I think people are forgetting these are "healthy foods" "metabolism boosting foods" what's everyone whinning about:laugh: ? It's not like people who post this are saying " If you eat lot's and lot's of these foods then it's cool, eat your cookie, shoot and that cake why don't ya even drink a coke with it, and you'll get skiney. Lol. Whatever, this stuff makes me chuckle. Take a chill pill people.
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think if you cook it right, Unicorn meat is a negative calorie food...but that's the only one.

Good luck!

Mauhahahahahahahaha Gold! :)
  • WildFlower7
    Options

Exactly, guess people have nothing better to do. Oh well.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options

I can't comment on the negative aspect, but people pointing out that negative foods don't exist is because there are some who would believe you could eat endless amounts of apples, cantaloupe, and the other foods listed by the OP and lose weight.

Pepole cannot eat endless amounts of food and lose weight without a caloric deficit. My apple for lunch was around 80 calories ... fuel for my body yes, but it still cost me 80 calories.
  • _magnolias
    Options
    Negative Calorie Foods - A negative calorie food is a food that is purported to require more food energy to be digested than it provides. That is, its thermic effect is greater than its food energy content.
    Enjoy :)

Asparagus, Apple, beet, blueberries, broccolli, cranberry, cantaloupe, carrot celery, chicory, cauliflower, cucumber, dandilion, endive, garden cress, garlic, grapefruit, green bean, honeydew, hot chili peppers, lemon, lime, lettuce, mango, onion, orange, papaya, peach, pineapple, radish, raspberries, spinach, strawberries, tomato, tangerine, turnip, watermelon and Zucchini.

Cool, I'm going to eat a diet of 10,000 cals a day of just these foods, I'll be shredded in no time. Thanks OP.

This reminds me of my science class when I was younger; we got a quiz that said: 'what weighs more? 1lb of feathers or 1lb of lead?' I was the only one at the time that looked at that and was like- uhm, they are both one pound!

There is this idea in our society, or not so much an idea, but a block, that we look at the product and not the weight, completely forgetting that the weight is the important measurement. This goes with calories too. Whatever the OP's original intent was, your attempts at sarcasm by stating you'd eat 10,000 cals of that food is backwards. I think you realize this, but still; 10,000 cals of "negative calorie" foods or 10,000 cals of cake is still 10,000 cals of food.

I know my boyfriend had a hard time understanding this concept. If I ate 100 cals of chocolate and he ate 100 cals of lettuce he didn't get that we'd ate the same amount that would take the same amount to burn. Sure his choice was the healthier choice in nutrients, but we still would lose the weight at the same pace (in a perfectly controlled environment, etc).

I think, and I could be wrong here, the OP was trying to say, you can enjoy these things without feeling too guilty as they are very low calorie; but just like any other food, you can't binge. And with celery (as an example) getting to 10,000 cals is going to be A LOT of celery. So have fun with that! ;-)
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    i really wouldn't go stuffing my face with them put it that way! :noway:

Soooooo you wouldn't be stuffing your face with fruits and veggies...:noway: :laugh: LOL, well, ok then!?!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Unicorn meat is endangered! That means, if you've never had it before, you better hurry up and find some before it's all gone forever.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Celery; Weight Watchers Points: -1

Thought: For every point over my goal, I'll just eat a serving of celery!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Unicorn meat is endangered! That means, if you've never had it before, you better hurry up and find some before it's all gone forever.

Anyone seen Charlie and Candy Mountain?
  • beebabe
    beebabe Posts: 67
    Options
    Its po-tay-toe!! What is this po-tah-toe crap?! :angry:
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure only celery can kind of fit that category, since we aren't able to digest the cellulose, so we expend more energy attemping to digest it. The amount is very minimal though.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I think the wording is wrong, these foods require more work out of your body to digest, if your body is sluggish and digest slowly anyhow I don't think it will suddenly change but these foods may help your body work harder. Like drinking ice water or being in a cold environment. Staying warm makes your body work harder IE an higher burn per min rate. I am sure there is an exact number for every person but it requires lengthy studies and test of a subject and very from one person to the other in summery foods or anything that makes your body work harder is a good thing and you certainly could not gain weight eating the aforementioned foods in their original state.
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    Negative Calorie Foods - A negative calorie food is a food that is purported to require more food energy to be digested than it provides. That is, its thermic effect is greater than its food energy content.

Asparagus, Apple, beet, blueberries, broccolli, cranberry, cantaloupe, carrot celery, chicory, cauliflower, cucumber, dandilion, endive, garden cress, garlic, grapefruit, green bean, honeydew, hot chili peppers, lemon, lime, lettuce, mango, onion, orange, papaya, peach, pineapple, radish, raspberries, spinach, strawberries, tomato, tangerine, turnip, watermelon and Zucchini.

Cool, I'm going to eat a diet of 10,000 cals a day of just these foods, I'll be shredded in no time. Thanks OP.

This reminds me of my science class when I was younger; we got a quiz that said: 'what weighs more? 1lb of feathers or 1lb of lead?' I was the only one at the time that looked at that and was like- uhm, they are both one pound!

There is this idea in our society, or not so much an idea, but a block, that we look at the product and not the weight, completely forgetting that the weight is the important measurement. This goes with calories too. Whatever the OP's original intent was, your attempts at sarcasm by stating you'd eat 10,000 cals of that food is backwards. I think you realize this, but still; 10,000 cals of "negative calorie" foods or 10,000 cals of cake is still 10,000 cals of food.

I know my boyfriend had a hard time understanding this concept. If I ate 100 cals of chocolate and he ate 100 cals of lettuce he didn't get that we'd ate the same amount that would take the same amount to burn. Sure his choice was the healthier choice in nutrients, but we still would lose the weight at the same pace (in a perfectly controlled environment, etc).

I think, and I could be wrong here, the OP was trying to say, you can enjoy these things without feeling too guilty as they are very low calorie; but just like any other food, you can't binge. And with celery (as an example) getting to 10,000 cals is going to be A LOT of celery. So have fun with that! ;-)

Very well said (I wish there was an applauding happy face) Lol, hey but ya gotta appreciate people having nothing better to do then be all upset about someone posting about fruits and veggies ON A FITNESS SITE. Now I'm gonna go poke around and see how much weight all of these (sarcastic) people have lost!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    I think the wording is wrong, these foods require more work out of your body to digest, if your body is sluggish and digest slowly anyhow I don't think it will suddenly change but these foods may help your body work harder. Like drinking ice water or being in a cold environment. Staying warm makes your body work harder IE an higher burn per min rate. I am sure there is an exact number for every person but it requires lengthy studies and test of a subject and very from one person to the other in summery foods or anything that makes your body work harder is a good thing and you certainly could not gain weight eating the aforementioned foods in their original state.

EXACTLY :wink: Thank you!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    And with celery (as an example) getting to 10,000 cals is going to be A LOT of celery. So have fun with that! ;-)

I actually tried this once as an experiment. I got up to about 90 or some calories and frankly I just got bored of eating...
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Very well said (I wish there was an applauding happy face) Lol, hey but ya gotta appreciate people having nothing better to do then be all upset about someone posting about fruits and veggies ON A FITNESS SITE. Now I'm gonna go poke around and see how much weight all of these (sarcastic) people have lost!

The only one name calling and derogating others in this thread is YOU. FYI.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    To the OP, there IS a lot of evidence to prove this is (sadly!) not true. However, this is a very good list of healthy, yummy food, and thank you for posting it! :)