Post-babies, post-c-section tummy pics

Options

Replies

• shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    So there is hope for me!! I had 2 c-sections. Younger one is 1.5 yrs old. I have the classic pooch as well as an upper tummy or gutt. Ugh. The poster that said she won't do planks in a gym..ME TOO!! I so understand what you're saying.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    bump
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    this thread is so inspiring and well as for exercise any suggestions ...
  • khtweetie
    Options
    How did you ladies do it? Lots of ab workouts or cardio? thanks - you all look wonderful!!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I really hope there is hope for me! My tummy looks awful! and I've had so many people tell me it doesn't matter how much I lose there will always be a pouch, well, obviously they are wrong! b/c you girls look awesome! I know it depends on alot of different factors, but I'm sure going to give it my all! thanks for the inspiration!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    very jealous! I just don't have the right genes, my belly flap will never go away without surgery. I was 50lbs over weight when I got pregnant then packed on another 40ish. Also two c-sections. I've been in a 8 (now 6) for over a year and I'm 25% body fat. It's not budging. I would gladly take a pooch over a flap ;)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. It gives me hope after two c-sections.
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yall look fantastic!

I have stretchmarks out the wazoo! I HATE them, they are the really deep wide ones, not the itty bitty ones :( Hopefully I can do something to get my belly to look like yall's! Great work!

I'm right there with ya ... I'm hopeful they'll lighten up a bit over time and maybe I can find some awesome tummy tightening fix. We'll get there eventually :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    For those who asked, I was 169 pounds in the delivery room (I'm just shy of 5'4"), and at the start of my weight loss (baby was 3 months old) I was 140. I went down to 125 relatively easy, through breastfeeding and walking every day, but to get back to the body I wanted, I tracked every calorie (stayed strict at 1200-1500 per day during that time), ate as healthy and unprocessed as possible, and worked out 60 min / 5 days a week, mostly running, elliptical trainer, and workout DVDs. I went down to105 pounds that way, it took me 6 months from the time I started (baby was 12 months at that time), but then I added heavy strength training, gained 5 pounds but lost body fat, which is where I am now at 110 pounds. I've maintained and built muscle over the last 6+ years, I still workout 5 days a week but do a lot more heavy weight lifting and less cardio. I eat closer to 1800 -2000 calories per day now, depending on my workouts.

I highly recommend the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" if you want to start a workout program with weights but have no idea where to start. That book began my love for weight training 2 years ago.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have hope for my tummy as far as the flap goes but you all look like there wasn't a stretch mark to your name (even at 38+ weeks pregnant) and for that I'm jealous! My mid section looks like a tiger tried to claw it's way out.
  • lplautz
    lplautz Posts: 19
    Options
    Wow! You ladies look amazing...thanks for posting!!! I also gained close to 70-80lbs pregnant and was around 155lb to start with. I am 5'9". She is now 1 1/2 years and I still need to lose about 30lbs but hoping with exercise to have my tummy back!! I have a few stretch marks but they are more around those wonderful love handles :) I do cardio a lot but need to start some ab workouts!! Thanks again for posting, I want to print them out and keep them by the exercise ball! lol
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love you for posting this (with pics) and for the others who posted as well. Seriously, LOVE you. I am only 5'2" and was always in shape. I loved working out pre-children and had crazy awesome abs (my fav body part). Gained 60lbs with my first baby, lost half, gained 30 with the next baby, lost half and then gained 25 with the third. First two were 9+lbs and last was 8 1/2 lbs so I had a huge tummy with each. Since I never fully lost the weight I always had the mommy tummy (I call it my udder, cuz I swear it looks like a cows udder when you bend over - ick). I was hoping beyond all hope that if I could lose the weight, that maybe just maybe my stomach would look somewhat normal. I did have c-sections with the last 2 babies so was worried that would ruin my chances of a normal stomach. But after seeing your pics (and c-section scar) I was smiling ear to ear. Because you CAN loose the tummy!!! My only remaining question is did the skin all go back too? I'm not sure HOW that can happen for me, but I am still hoping it can without surgery (though I am contemplating that if it's necessary, we'll see). Thank you again for giving me hope!
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. Just the motivation I need - thank you!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Love to see this stuff. I have had 2 also, neither c-sections. I got down to 155 or so after each, and have gained tons back. I never did get rid of my mommy pooch but also didn't do much exercise to lose. My goal is to have a bikini body sometime this summer-even if I never wear one :)
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    All the ladies here look fantastic. Congrats.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    so there is hope! I have lots of extra skin and stretch marks!
    and my height, weight is just about where yours was :)

WONDERFUL JOB! hoping by the Summer I can post pics!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    You ladies are amazing! Simply amazing!

I love reading the progress of HEAVY LIFTERS. I really, really do.

Signed,

rookie heavy lifter
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great befores & afters... thanks for sharing, ladies :-) I'm thinking of having my first in a year or two... and this is definitely an inspiring thread :-)

It's amazing what the body can do, and how different it can look!!
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Wow....you've given me hope. I've had 3 c-sections.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    No c/s here but huge belly (my own mom said "I've never seen a bigger pregnant belly"--thanks LOL) babies ranging from 7 lbs 13 oz to 9 lbs 7 oz (and the last one was the 9lb 7 oz and he was THREE WEEKS EARLY!?)
    I don't know that my belly could ever look as great as the pics I'm seeing here but I'm willing to work hard to get my best :)
    P.S. After my first 2-and baby 2 was 8 lbs 14 oz-I lost a lot of weight with tons of working out and counting every.single.calorie. and I looked pretty decent. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!